Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

From CBR
    Never thought I’d get to see my top 2 favorite DC heroes team up. Definitely will get this.
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 05-10-2022 at 02:20 PM.

So John's ideal world still has him leading the Corps. but as a full-blown Emerald Superhero and Knight (I guess Hal can't be the only one who looks good as a knight).

Why does Kyle look like Hal? I thought the samurai was Kyle because he's so into anime. Actually why would Jason be in John's ideal world? Like at least Kyle you can write it off since they were close from Kyle's solo GL days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So John's ideal world still has him leading the Corps. but as a full-blown Emerald Superhero and Knight (I guess Hal can't be the only one who looks good as a knight).

Why does Kyle look like Hal? I thought the samurai was Kyle because he's so into anime. Actually why would Jason be in John's ideal world? Like at least Kyle you can write it off since they were close from Kyle's solo GL days.
    This is what I thought as well. When I first saw it, I thought Kyle was the one behind John. I had to read the description to find out Kyle was all the way in the back.

I also thought that was Hal. It reminded me of that new look he had around the DCYou promotional event where he had that gauntlet.

I'm curious on why PKJ wanted Jason Todd to be added here?

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Never thought I’d get to see my top favorite DC heroes team up. Definitely will get this.
    Same here!!

That artwork looks badass!! I also like how he described John Stewart. I'm looking forward to reading this.
    Yeah his description of John has me hyped, I think he has a good handle on him.
    He also says this:
    Guess this is the “Red Hood GL” that Bleeding Cool was hyping up. Confirms that the League all have their own worlds where they are the sole “main” hero.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This is what I thought as well. When I first saw it, I thought Kyle was the one behind John. I had to read the description to find out Kyle was all the way in the back.

I also thought that was Hal. It reminded me of that new look he had around the DCYou promotional event where he had that gauntlet.

I'm curious on why PKJ wanted Jason Todd to be added here?
    I'm kind of surprised Guy's not in it.

Maybe it's John's subtle way of sticking it to Bruce. Interesting that Superman has Jon dressed like Robin, and John has Jason in his world.... is everyone obsessed with Batman? Are any of the other Robins reflected in the other heroes' ideal worlds? Will we see J'onn as Det John Jones of Gotham with Gordon as his best friend?

Be hilarious if Bruce’s ideal world is him being another hero.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ironically enough, Robin.

BANNED

The idea of the Corps moving their base of operations to Earth is actually really cool. Reminds me of JMS’s Thor run or Avengers: End Game—in a good way. Lots of opportunities for humor when you have aliens serving as a contrast to normal, down-to-Earth folks. Hopefully we see alien GLs in that context and not even more human Lanterns instead.

BANNED

I’m not sure if it’s canon, but some version of Bruce wished that if his parent’s didn’t die he’d turn out more like Barry Allen.

Guess this is the “Red Hood GL” that Bleeding Cool was hyping up. Confirms that the League all have their own worlds where they are the sole “main” hero.
    Yeah, I remember reading that article. Their anonymous sources has been accurate.

I'm kind of surprised Guy's not in it.
    Personally, I prefer Guy in it, since John and Guy has a better dynamic.

I think this bff bromance with John and Guy that Peter Tomasi tried to do with the characters is forgotten. I'm not that surprised, because I thought the way Peter Tomasi handled them supposedly being best friends was rather weak imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Never thought I’d get to see my top favorite DC heroes team up. Definitely will get this.
    It's a good feeling. And PKJ seems to have strong fondness of the John Stewart character based on what he tweeted. It's nice to see more writers liking John these days.

BANNED

Yeah, I remember reading that article. Their anonymous sources has been accurate.

Personally, I prefer Guy in it, since John and Guy has a better dynamic.

I think this bff bromance with John and Guy that Peter Tomasi tried to do with the characters is forgotten. I'm not that surprised, because I thought the way Peter Tomasi handled them supposedly being best friends was rather weak imo.
    Venditti and Soule definitely handled the John/Guy dynamic better.

Fantastic Member

. . . Every single one of these dream worlds is going to have a Robin or Batman element in their no matter how little sense it makes isn't there?