Page 53 of 120 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Oh, and he also brought it up in the BL issue of the Otherside of DC History or whatever. Not hard to nail down his thinking.
    yeah, I was never excited for John's possible appearance in The Other Side Of DC History.

Now I don't think he dislikes the character or have something against him. I think he likes John, but not as much. This is because we see no creative passion where writers put a lot of effort into John Stewart (like Van Jensen).

Incredible Member

Those bottom pages of John and Katma getting married with the Gls covering them is actually really cool. Plus seeing more of John's family is always a plus.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Neal Adams' story on how he created John is a good one. The Crime Syndicate John (Power Ring) should've been named Lincoln Washington.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

New Justice League game teaser:

Get ready for a new DC Justice League game, coming to consoles and PC next year! Stay tuned to find out more soon.

Aquaman and Flash: Voidsong #3

We're starting to see John being the League's lantern more often these days in other media appearances and not just in the comics.

I'm confident that John will be the League's lantern in a DC film.

BANNED

I think we’ll have to wait for a cinematic CoIE first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    We're starting to see John being the League's lantern more often these days in other media appearances and not just in the comics.

I'm confident that John will be the League's lantern in a DC film.
    Same! All this exposure can’t be a coincidence.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I think we’ll have to wait for a cinematic CoIE first.
    Least we got the animated CoIE trilogy coming next year (supposedly).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Least we got the animated CoIE trilogy coming next year (supposedly).
    I'm hoping it's actually a trilogy because that would probably give them enough time to do the story justice and not rush things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep that’s key. I’d have Thorne or someone else, Ridley might be interested, do a GL: Year One book for John that retells his origin for the modern day in a standalone book.
    I'd kill for a Ridley John Stewart! i loved Other History of the DC Universe and have been enjoying his Black Panther (I like but am still on the fence about his Batman but I haven't binged it yet) but I LOVED his John Stewart valentines day story. i lost interest in Thorne's GL after a certain point, it wasn't bad but his pacing didn't do it for me and kept it from living up to the hype; just didn't hit the right notes with me. I'm ready for someone else to take a crack at John. in a perfect world, Al Ewing with any high level artist on John would be a dream come true.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-22-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Is it fair to say that Fatality is the closest thing John Stewart ever had to an archenemy? Do you think that's a good thing? Are there other villains that could take that claim? If not, who do you think should be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is it fair to say that Fatality is the closest thing John Stewart ever had to an archenemy? Do you think that's a good thing? Are there other villains that could take that claim? If not, who do you think should be?
    She is the only villain who targets John specifically. I don’t know any other GL villains who specifically target a single GL. I’d rather completely boot anything related to Xanshi. Most GL villains are Corps villains, like Atrocitus who hates the Guardians more than he hates a specific Lantern. Some will disagree, but I think Sinestro is a fine adversary for John since the both have ties to Korugar. I’ve always wanted John to take on a suped up version of Mark Shaw. They’re sort reflections of each other, and Mark basically has access to Oan tech.

BANNED

Kanjar Ro is linked to John, and Grayven may also be a villain linked to John.

Would also be cool if there were a Master Mold Manhunter connected to him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'd kill for a Ridley John Stewart! i loved Other History of the DC Universe and have been enjoying his Black Panther (I like but am still on the fence about his Batman but I haven't binged it yet) but I LOVED his John Stewart valentines day story. i lost interest in Thorne's GL after a certain point, it wasn't bad but his pacing didn't do it for me and kept it from living up to the hype; just didn't hit the right notes with me. I'm ready for someone else to take a crack at John. in a perfect world, Al Ewing with any high level artist on John would be a dream come true.
    I haven't read his Valentine's Story but from what I've seen of Ridley he seems to prefer more realistic protagonists and situations, so I'm not sure how he'd approach GL. Probably set it on Earth, I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Anybody but Sinestro.
    She is the only villain who targets John specifically. I don’t know any other GL villains who specifically target a single GL. I’d rather completely boot anything related to Xanshi. Most GL villains are Corps villains, like Atrocitus who hates the Guardians more than he hates a specific Lantern. Some will disagree, but I think Sinestro is a fine adversary for John since the both have ties to Korugar. I’ve always wanted John to take on a suped up version of Mark Shaw. They’re sort reflections of each other, and Mark basically has access to Oan tech.
    Well, other than maybe Guy Gardner...