Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Could be set in the recent past
    Nah, this is leading into the next Crisis. Any book which doesn't reflect JL #75 will be set before it, not after.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just a usual promotional art with a bunch of notable characters. Don't think too deeply about how they're all there.
    Yeah, I don't take the funeral cover too seriously (Hell, Superjon's costume is out of date). But the text does mention "Green Lantern Jessica Cruz", and the lineup which is getting "killed" - more likely sent to Earth-[Character].1 like Barry Allen - definitely includes John S as a "normal" Green Lantern. Which doesn't fit with how his new powers were set up ("he never lost his Guardian powers, the process was irreversable, Ganthet just "hid" them at John's request"), but...

[Really, you'd think they would have sent Hal away, it would better have matched the rest of the "dead" lineup - including Barry - all being Silver Age-and-earlier characters, except arguably Hawkgirl]

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Yeah, I don't take the funeral cover too seriously (Hell, Superjon's costume is out of date). But the text does mention "Green Lantern Jessica Cruz", and the lineup which is getting "killed" - more likely sent to Earth-[Character].1 like Barry Allen - definitely includes John S as a "normal" Green Lantern. Which doesn't fit with how his new powers were set up ("he never lost his Guardian powers, the process was irreversable, Ganthet just "hid" them at John's request"), but...

[Really, you'd think they would have sent Hal away, it would better have matched the rest of the "dead" lineup - including Barry - all being Silver Age-and-earlier characters, except arguably Hawkgirl]
    When you put it that way it would've made more sense to remove the classic Big 7 and leave John to his new storyline/status quo, unless they really wanted to have the Snyder roster be the focus here and John be the de-facto League GL (even if this would've been an excuse to take Hal off the board).

Wait since when are John and Cyborg on the current team? They get subbed in to get killed?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait since when are John and Cyborg on the current team? They get subbed in to get killed?
    Well to be fair, he's shown in the other variant cover NOT having a coffin. It's the variant where Hal is front and center. The current lineup will be: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Zatanna

And based off from the interview, only one will return to tell the story.

Astonishing Member

Probably Bruce is the survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, Cyborg is a New 52 Founder (who knows if that's even still a thing) so I guess that's why he's there? This is basically Snyder's League. Should we view this as a swan song for this incarnation of the group?

At least they remembered Aquaman's scalemail.

I wonder if it'll even be acknowledged in this book.
    Yeah, it's just a variant cover and it doesn't represent what's going to happen in the upcoming event. I think the variant cover just acknowledges Scott's Justice League, but the story won't have his lineup.

It probably will. The current book is going to have a status quo change. And if this event reflects the current solo books, then I don't see John appearing in GL. I'm sure Jo Mullein may be get the spotlight and/or Hal Jordan

BANNED

DC Senior VP and General Manager Daniel Cherry III Exits

I wonder how that will affect the satus quo

~And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites, hey!~

Can we please have some consistent leadership at DC? Or is the company so toxic that no one can last more than two years? Are they expecting someone to pull Marvel level success in one year?

Also, why is this even in the John Stewart thread?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Can we please have some consistent leadership at DC? Or is the company so toxic that no one can last more than two years? Are they expecting someone to pull Marvel level success in one year?

I think SecretWarrior posted it here, because Daniel Cherry is a fan of John Stewart. And since he was hired, John has been heavily pushed. So now that he's gone, we don't know what kind of direction DC is going to take John, going forward.

But I'm optimistic that DC still have great plans for John.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So someone finally gets around to addressing John Stewart's godhood and it gets immediately derailed yet again by another dumb event?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So someone finally gets around to addressing John Stewart's godhood and it gets immediately derailed yet again by another dumb event?
    As long as this event doesn't spread over the solo comics, then everything should be fine.

I really, really like the current state of John Stewart. He's now a god character using his powers to restore and fix his dark past. It would be a huge disservice for John and his fans if any of this gets reverted. That's always been the problem I have with DC. John gets a prominent role and gets development and then it gets reversed and forgotten when the next writer comes in, because there's a change in some event.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Excluding Milestone-this is the most we have seen of black talent and black centric/lead material at DC EVER. So the few of that ending is in the back of folk's mind.

We keep hearing cries of new blood needed yet when it arrives in certain packages there are issues.

Nobody wants John Stewart sent to the back of the bus when this is the MOST anyone has done with him NOT named Gerard Jones, McDuffie, Cullen Bunn or Van Jensen.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    DC Senior VP and General Manager Daniel Cherry III Exits

I wonder how that will affect the satus quo
    I’m not too worried. Stewart is getting a push everywhere so that will probably sustain him as GL even after Cherry leaves. Long as Marie Javins is still EiC I don’t expect any massive shakeups.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Excluding Milestone-this is the most we have seen of black talent and black centric/lead material at DC EVER. So the few of that ending is in the back of folk's mind.

We keep hearing cries of new blood needed yet when it arrives in certain packages there are issues.

Nobody wants John Stewart sent to the back of the bus when this is the MOST anyone has done with him NOT named Gerard Jones, McDuffie, Cullen Bunn or Van Jensen.
    That's actually my biggest fear here. John gets these God powers and taking on the New God Esak, attempting to restore his past tragedies like bringing back his wife, and creating his own world in the Dark Sector. It would be quite silly if all these developments are gone and forgotten.

DC management fixed Hal's past tragedies during Rebirth. They need to do same thing with John.

It would be a HUGE disappointment if they disregard John's developments here.

Those writers also set John to new heights, but some of these developments they did with the character became forgotten, because of SHAKEUPS. I do NOT want his development forgotten here when one of the best things I've seen from the character is happening right now in the comics.

For what it's worth Joshua Williamson cares about continuity more than most, so I don't see him blatantly ignoring any of what's happened to John during Infinite Frontier.