Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    Okay, I can get into this.

Let's go.

And maybe a new John Stewart series in January or something?
    Yeah, I think after this one-shot, it's going to transition into a series next year. Now we don't know whether it'll be Green Lantern or not, though. John taking down Esak obviously won't be an easy task with his Godstorm powers. I'm wondering if John is a God no more after this story or at least lose his God powers or something and become a Green Lantern again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yeah, I think after this one-shot, it's going to transition into a series next year. Now we don't know whether it'll be Green Lantern or not, though. John taking down Esak obviously won't be an easy task with his Godstorm powers. I'm wondering if John is a God no more after this story or at least lose his God powers or something and become a Green Lantern again.
    I suspect, for good or ill, that this one-shot is a "bridging" story that gets from the end of the previous series to the status quo at the start of Dark Crisis.

Or maybe not.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, either/or is fine with me.

"God" is good, but just a Green Lantern will do too.

And Geoffrey Thorne is more than fine with me.

Anyway, the press release:

John Stewart: The Emerald Knight #1

48-Page One-Shot Reunites Geoffrey Thorne and Marco Santucci,

On Sale Tuesday, November 29

Green Lantern John Stewart will have to become something greater as he squares off against a god gone mad to save his fellow Green Lanterns and escape the Dark Sectors in a special one-shot this November.

John Stewart has been trapped in the dark sectors for months with the rest of his Green Lantern comrades. With the power of the Godstorm at his disposal, John’s using everything he can to take down Esak, the mad New God, and bring his fellow Corpsmen home. John will need to become something new to win the war against Esak: he’ll need to become the Emerald Knight!

This 48-page one-shot reunites Future State: Green Lantern and Green Lantern writer Geoffrey Thorne (Blood Syndicate: Season One) with artist Marco Santucci.

John Stewart: The Emerald Knight #1 features a main cover by Mateus Manhanini, with the main variant cover by Jay Hero, a 1 in 25 “ratio” variant by Canaan White and a 1 in 50 variant cover also by Mateus Manhanini. The book arrives in comic book stores and participating digital platforms on Tuesday, November 29.
    EDIT:

John as a God though is kind of cool.

So I kind of do what that status to stay, if not forever, at least for a little while.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 08-12-2022 at 12:17 PM. Reason: "God" is good after all

Very exciting. I'm glad Geoffrey going to continue writing John.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 08-12-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Incredible Member

This is making me want to buy the trades of Geoffrey’s GL run

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I suspect, for good or ill, that this one-shot is a "bridging" story that gets from the end of the previous series to the status quo at the start of Dark Crisis.

Or maybe not.
    That could be possible, since there was some time differences in Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    Yeah, either/or is fine with me.

"God" is good, but just a Green Lantern will do too.

And Geoffrey Thorne is more than fine with me.

Anyway, the press release:

EDIT:

John as a God though is kind of cool.

So I kind of do what that status to stay, if not forever, at least for a little while.
    Agreed. Yeah, either way, I would be fine with his status.

That could be possible, since there was some time differences in Dark Crisis.
    Not to mention a dead GL or two coming back to life and another one switching their rings, etc.

Hah knew it! I bet the John Stewart & the Emerald Knights series proper is coming as part of a line wide relaunch once Dark Crisis wraps. Or at least I hope it is, DC’s line is truly in the pits right now. I like Santucci more of the two previous artists, glad to see him here. Will he be the artist on the series proper? If he is will he be the only one? Looking forward to getting more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Badass covers!

Also I found something that does give a glimpse into the logic behind the changes made to Stewart for the DCAU incarnation:

Found this on Twitter, I think it’s from the SDCC GL panel?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah knew it! I bet the John Stewart & the Emerald Knights series proper is coming as part of a line wide relaunch once Dark Crisis wraps. Or at least I hope it is, DC’s line is truly in the pits right now. I like Santucci more of the two previous artists, glad to see him here. Will he be the artist on the series proper? If he is will he be the only one? Looking forward to getting more info.

Badass covers!

Also I found something that does give a glimpse into the logic behind the changes made to Stewart for the DCAU incarnation:

Found this on Twitter, I think it’s from the SDCC GL panel?
    That's the thing I always hated. Taking this intellectual, anti-authoritarian guy and turning him into an uptight military cliché.

Am I crazy or has John's first apperance been subjected to some mandela effect where people now think John was a Black Panther militant? From my recollection Hal's first impression of John, seeing him out of context, thought of him as the stereotypical "angry black man" and questioned whether he was worthy of being a GL. But once he spoke to John, he saw a man who had to deal with systemic racism and simply not willing to accept injustice. (it wasn't that he was "anti-authoritarian" it was that "authority" was constantly against him) But now people think he was being "militant" - which to me undoes the entire point of his character's creation. Or am I really misremembering it?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-12-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Now this is a better look. Forget that all green toy soldier look. Give me this or the OG design any day
    The J-man

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

The main cover is beautiful!!

"By the power of the Godstorm, I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!"

lol definitely getting He-Man or Bleach vibes, but as long as he's written consistently.
    The J-man