Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Let's just say, I am pushing John's story forward and Marco? Well. I tried very hard to give him a book where he can truly flex and he is flexing.

This ain't no filler story.
    Hoping John gets he’s own arch enemy. An original character. Hell, even Kyle had Nero.

Maybe a non-ring wielder. A villain who could join the Legion of Doom and not be derivative of Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Let's just say, I am pushing John's story forward and Marco? Well. I tried very hard to give him a book where he can truly flex and he is flexing.

This ain't no filler story.
    I'm glad to hear that it's not some filler story. It's great to see Marco back doing the artwork. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    He did sometimes, when he focused on John. I remember the page in Rebirth where he analyzed the way Kyle, Kilowog, Guy and John each used the ring differently, and John's solid constructs due to his architectural skills are mentioned. And some of the GL Corps stories focused on his architectural side, such as the first issue of the New 52 GL Corps series. However, I would agree that the "former Marine" is dominant these days no matter who is writing him.
    Ok, looks like I should've brought better clarity to my previous post lol. I knew (when I wrote the post) that the architect background was acknowledged, but it wasn't acknowledged from him when he added the Marine aspect (in GL #49). Other writers notably Tony Bedard and Peter Tomasi used both backgrounds with John.

Come to think of it, I think Geoff Johns wanted the Marine aspect way before it being confirmed in GL issue 49, since we seen him using a sniper construct taking out an alien sectors away from Sinestro Corps War:

There was hints of it as shown above.

ACTUALLY, John was briefly seen as a Marine getting into a brawl with Hal in Hal's origin from Geoff Johns' run. So it was confirmed before the detailed single issue story in Blackest Night.

I feel like his attempts with John's development was so half-assed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm glad to hear that it's not some filler story. It's great to see Marco back doing the artwork. I'm looking forward to it!

Ok, looks like I should've brought better clarity to my previous post lol. I knew (when I wrote the post) that the architect background was acknowledged, but it wasn't acknowledged from him when he added the Marine aspect (in GL #49). Other writers notably Tony Bedard and Peter Tomasi used both backgrounds with John.

Come to think of it, I think Geoff Johns wanted the Marine aspect way before it being confirmed in GL issue 49, since we seen him using a sniper construct taking out an alien sectors away from Sinestro Corps War:

There was hints of it as shown above.

ACTUALLY, John was briefly seen as a Marine getting into a brawl with Hal in Hal's origin from Geoff Johns' run. So it was confirmed before the detailed single issue story in Blackest Night.

I feel like his attempts with John's development was so half-assed.
    I agree with you about Geoff John's development of Stewart. From what I recall it felt so lacking. Johns did such a great job building up Hal and expanding the Lantern mythos, but he didn't seem to know what to do with Stewart. And I recall from that era, up to the New 52, that it seemed that Stewart was too defined by failure, making sure to remind him and us of Xanshi every time he appeared. I did like his relationship with Fatality at the time, but I read later on that they undid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's cool they're making Crime Syndicate figures .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Was the Crime Syndicate comic any good? I heard they swapped out Hal for John, which, to my mind, doesn't bode well for a particularly compelling read in regards to that character. If whoever is wearing the ring is that interchangable, my guess is he's not a big part of the story.

Eh? No. He actually has one of the larger character arcs in it. He is by no means a bit player or interchangeable.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Eh? No. He actually has one of the larger character arcs in it. He is by no means a bit player or interchangeable.
    That's good to hear. I'll check it out on DC Infinite.

Wasn't John called Emerald Knight in the last series?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Was the Crime Syndicate comic any good? I heard they swapped out Hal for John, which, to my mind, doesn't bode well for a particularly compelling read in regards to that character. If whoever is wearing the ring is that interchangable, my guess is he's not a big part of the story.
    It was ok. They made the Crime Syndicate at times conflicted about being evil. I think the CSA should be as evil as the Justice League is heroic.

I much prefer Morrison's take on the Crime Syndicate, which was actually a take on the Silver Age version.

BANNED

Yeah, John was actually pretty fleshed out in that mini. I wasn't a huge fan of the mini personally because I found it a bit bland overall, but John was well-handled in it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The New 52 versions were way more interesting and looked way better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The New 52 versions were way more interesting and looked way better IMO.
    Better designs for sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Better designs for sure.
    What were they thinking with Johnny Quick .

Doesn't John's book come out next month?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Doesn't John's book come out next month?
    The one shot does yep. Hopefully it will be “issue 0” for a new John series coming as part of the New Dawn initiative in Jan or soon after.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/