Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1791
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ has talked about wanting to flesh out the cosmic side of the DCU more, and given all his teases for the GL side have involved big cosmic threats, it’s a safe bet his time on John Stewart will be mostly focused on space. I can’t wait, he’s a world builder and DC cosmic has desperately needed someone who is going to start worldbuilding the galactic scene more. I’m sure the United Planets will play a role in what’s he’s cooking up too, given his use of them over in Action. I’m guessing the first big bad for John will be the Revenant Queen given how’s he’s been building her up. Looking forward to John finally getting a big villain who is solely his! Fingers crossed that they put a good artist on the book.
    YES YES YES! I'm very excited for the worldbuilding, DC cosmic has been stale as of late.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Did anyone really expect the "Emerald Knight" thing to stick around for too long. It was clear that after Dark Crisis, things were going back to normal. It was another Sentinel/Warrior/Ion thing that DC does from time to time due to wishing the different GLs to feel more "special" for some reason. Those gimmicks and blowing up the central power battery are the oldest tropes in this franchise.
    No.

I expected it to play its course and lead John back the Corps. More of lets see how far we can expand John's potential before going back to normal and building off that.

It's not so much a permanent change but lets try something different for a time to get more material out there.

So when you get that HBO series or movie-you got John Stewart lead material out there that is actually about HIM and not random stuff like we saw in his 50th anniversary book.

BANNED

I think it was Dan DiDio who approved that Emerald Knight idea, or the story about it. It's no surprise that he would want John in a role like that because I was never led to believe DiDio liked the character. If DiDio stuck around, it's a possibility that Emerald Knight would stick around.

Fortunately, though, DiDio got the boot. I say fortunately because, while he did offer direction for the DCU, I think he did as much with it as he could. During his end phase he was just repeating his old tricks, which were never-ending events, shocking stories that paint the heroes as morally ambiguous at best, and performing character assassination or otherwise removing, changing, or devaluing characters he doesn't like.

Emerald Knight...I admit it's a gut reaction, but going by the name, look, writer, and so on, it just didn't strike me as an idea that had much steam behind it. So I'm glad it will likely be gone. I wasn't interested in seeing that play out any further.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I figured the no Emerald Knight thing is just another case of DC's recent shuffling of plans that they've been doing a lot

Such as how they announced a new Shazam ongoing starring Billy when before they made a big deal about Mary being the new wielder of Shazam with a whole mini-series about her taking up the position

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have no idea how long the Emerald Knight status quo was going to run, but if it ever was intended to be a lasting thing then I wouldn't be surprised if the HBO Max show changed the editorial priorities for John.
    Well originally Redjack’s run ended with a tease for John Stewart & the Emerald Knights, so it seemed like the plan at first was to stick with Redjack’s status quo for a bit. But now clearly that’s changed and I agree that the upcoming John Stewart show is likely why. DC needs more John as GL stories for that show, and material to release for synergy sales once the show comes out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    This is somewhat of a relief for me, as I didn't like that story or the idea or design of "Emerald Knight". Anyway, it's cool DC is sticking with John. Hopefully, they do something worthwhile with him. He could desperately use a character-defining run under his belt.
    Hope there's an emphasis on his personal life.

lol.

Well, now i'm even MORE interested in the response to Emerald Knight.

joker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Funny - I said that when they announced he was starring in the tv show. Now I'm concerned that both will do it only for the two versions to completely differ. I don't know that we have a "definitive" John backstory as Marine-turned-architect-turned GL the way Hal's backstory has been pretty much the same throughout all the adaptations. More an "embarrassment of riches" type problem, but still...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-18-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There's also to consider the book may indeed be continuing the Emerald Knight status quo, its just titled Green Lantern.

Which its not like the Emerald Knight isn't a Green Lantern. Its sorta like the whole Ion thing, Ion is a Green Lantern, its just also a unique type of Green Lantern.

Plus PKJ just did a whole John Connor of Mars storyline for Superman, so a knight in shining armor GL story would prolly be pretty fun too.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 11-18-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    The character needs it!

I’m excited to see what happens these next few months with John. I’m interested to see what Redjack does with his one-shot and after reading PKJ’s dark crisis tie-in I’m intrigued in how he will right a set in main earth John.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Honestly, I'm less excited and more annoyed that DC forced Thorne into a "destroy the CPB" story just to bring the Corps back a few months later. Fingers crossed DC will just let the GLC be the GLC and we can see Hal and John be awesome Green Lanterns, doing awesome Green Lantern things.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Honestly, I'm less excited and more annoyed that DC forced Thorne into a "destroy the CPB" story just to bring the Corps back a few months later. Fingers crossed DC will just let the GLC be the GLC and we can see Hal and John be awesome Green Lanterns, doing awesome Green Lantern things.
    That sounds like a winner to me .

Incredible Member

I wonder if this means anything about Hal and John teaming up, or if they're going to be kept separate.
    Speaking of which, how's the companionship of John and Hal in DC mech.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 11-20-2022 at 10:21 AM.

What is John's epithet?

Given the upcoming book, I figure it's Emerald Knight now. But like the GL title, it's another shared name. Any suggestions for John to have his own unique epithet akin to 'Dark Knight', 'Big Blue' and 'Amazing Amazon'?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly