Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    yeah. all this was addressed. no one is talking about that or taking any of those positions. as I said, your paraphrase skills are crap. you really shouldn't try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    But having that type of viewpoint you do does explain something of the writing and presentation of the Green Lantern 2021 comic series. That is, a long drawn out boring mystery featuring characters many people don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Geoff Johns killed me with his stubbornness for Hal Jordan. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to see him fail in the movie department. I feel like he was behind the whole Cyborg thing. I like Vic but not at the expense of losing John Stewart. It's too bad Bruce Timm and company remain the most beloved version of the Justice League lol.
    Geoff Johns was one of the main reasons why John Stewart was so diminished back then. Geoff Johns had Cyborg as the founder of the JL so John doesn't get that spot. I hate how things went down in David Walker's run on Cyborg, which Johns I believe had a role in that conflict. Geoff Johns handling on Cyborg was poor in the Justice League imo. Whenever Cyborg gets some kind of focus, it's mostly when the Justice League was MIA. This happened at least twice in two separate storylines. Now after all this supposed push and backbone they had for Cyborg, now he's back to being a Teen Titan.

With that said I did like how John and Cyborg were together in Scott Snyder's Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Agreed. And in addition, something about this really undue disdain against Keli for simply existing in this book really gives off a negative vibe that makes me uncomfortable the more I dwell on and around it. I'm not sure what about it is making me this uncomfortable, but it very much is.

EDIT: (Especially since the type of story Keli has is one that'd typically garner ire for putting her character throw the ringer with seemingly no positive narrative payoff for her in the book or as a character going forward. So like what was done with Duke in Bryan Hill's Detective Comics and Outsiders stories.)

And maybe I've been subconsciously putting John Stewart fans on a pedestal, but reading some of these takeaways in the last few pages has been... surprisingly disheartening.
    I agree with what you're saying. The way I see it, is that Kelli seemed like she had a lesser irrelevant presence than when Duke appeared in Tom King's Batman book and that's saying a lot.

And to be fair, keep in mind that it's only a very very small (a couple actually) amount John fans talking like that. Not the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    "I guess some boys just hate girls"

^That is literally what you wrote, because a poster did not want to read Teen Lantern and said so.
    Nope. That's what I wrote because a number of comic book "fans" have expressed what I feel is a large and unhealthy dislike for a character that they've never actually read, based upon gender and ethnic status and story points that literally do not exist. Try to keep up. Or don't. We're nearly done here.

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark
    Hmmm.

While it's mildly diverting watching a person who doesn't know what he's talking about attempt to lecture someone who actually does, this has run its course. Here are some facts for you to try to process. Whether you do or don't is no longer something I care about.

1) Tens of thousands of people liked the book. Literally. Their opinions are the only ones that matter to me and, more importantly, the publisher. Those that don't like it are vapor to the publisher and none of it, good or bad, matters to the story I'm telling. The reason for that last being the story is locked in months before you even know it exists. Even if I wanted to "course-correct," based on "audience feedback," (and I wouldn't) it's physically impossible to do so. This should be patently obvious, even to the most obtuse layperson, so being forced to lay it out for you this way is a chore I'm only doing once.

2) The process of writing professionally does not work the way you think it does and, the more you talk about it, the more you reveal your absolute ignorance of the subject. My advice is to stop barking, little dog. You'll wake the neighbors in the wrong way.

3) If "many people" prefer some other story to be told they can A) Check out until the one they don't like is over and return later B) continue to buy the one they don't like and continue to suffer c) Try to get in the arena themselves and fight for the chance to tell the story they want told.

I'm not sure why you keep coming at me, kid, but you're out of your depth. As of this post, you're blocked. you've wasted all the time I have to waste on you. Have a life.
    Last edited by Redjack; 06-28-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Geoff Johns killed me with his stubbornness for Hal Jordan. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to see him fail in the movie department. I feel like he was behind the whole Cyborg thing. I like Vic but not at the expense of losing John Stewart. It's too bad Bruce Timm and company remain the most beloved version of the Justice League lol.
    Well, if you wanted to get technical we didn't lose John Stewart unless you wanted him to be the founding GL of the League or on the League since he was still in the GLC book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if you wanted to get technical we didn't lose John Stewart unless you wanted him to be the founding GL of the League or on the League since he was still in the GLC book.
    Sometimes I wonder whether in the future that there would be some kind of retcon where John may turn out to be the founding GL member of the Justice League? In other mediums, he seems to be the founding GL of the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Sometimes I wonder whether in the future that there would be some kind of retcon where John may turn out to be the founding GL member of the Justice League? In other mediums, he seems to be the founding GL of the Justice League.
    I mean, he gets a statue with the rest of the team when they're gone so he may as well be .

I think DCAU is the only time he's explicitly a founder unless I'm forgetting something.

I mean, he gets a statue with the rest of the team when they're gone so he may as well be .

I think DCAU is the only time he's explicitly a founder unless I'm forgetting something.
    They are indeed treating him like the default GL of the Justice League as of recent I always thought him being on the JL statue was a big deal lol.

Yeah, you're right, he's explicitly a founder in the DCAU. As for other content like Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League, he could be the founder implicitly. I guess it's safe to assume so.

I definitely felt he deserved to be there since it was clear as day Cyborg was nothing but a diversity insert and they had no real plan to evaluate his character. I got the feeling John's only used him to spite Stewart fans.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 06-28-2022 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Geoff Johns was one of the main reasons why John Stewart was so diminished back then. Geoff Johns had Cyborg as the founder of the JL so John doesn't get that spot. I hate how things went down in David Walker's run on Cyborg, which Johns I believe had a role in that conflict. Geoff Johns handling on Cyborg was poor in the Justice League imo. Whenever Cyborg gets some kind of focus, it's mostly when the Justice League was MIA. This happened at least twice in two separate storylines. Now after all this supposed push and backbone they had for Cyborg, now he's back to being a Teen Titan.

With that said I did like how John and Cyborg were together in Scott Snyder's Justice League

I believe there's room for both of them on the team.

I definitely felt he deserved to be there since it was clear as day Cyborg was nothing but a diversity insert and they had no real plan to evaluate his character. I got the feeling John's only used him to spite Stewart fans.
    It was obvious that Cyborg was a diversity insert since it took years for them to give the guy his own solo despite being a founder. And when they did give him his own book where David Walker finally took him in the right direction, DC undoes that by having him go back to the tired “man or machine” storyline along with reverting back to his ugly tankier design instead of his more modern sleek design from DC You. And now Cyborg is getting buried thanks to Ray Fishers beef with WB.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It was obvious that Cyborg was a diversity insert since it took years for them to give the guy his own solo despite being a founder. And when they did give him his own book where David Walker finally took him in the right direction, DC undoes that by having him go back to the tired “man or machine” storyline along with reverting back to his ugly tankier design instead of his more modern sleek design from DC You. And now Cyborg is getting buried thanks to Ray Fishers beef with WB.
    Ugh I can't believe we lost Cyborg's DC You look, its definitely his best look to date imo.

BANNED

BANNED