Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I remember one or two interactions between John and Oliver in JLU, but I don't recall any rivalry or even much in the way of conflict between them.
    I would assume they'd get along really well, going by John's first appearance. Both green firebrands looking out for the little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I would assume they'd get along really well, going by John's first appearance. Both green firebrands looking out for the little guy.
    Depending on how one chooses to write Ollie, he could easily come off as an entitled SJW rich-boy liberal who doesn't actually know what he's talking about, which John might take issue with. This isn't the 60's/70's anymore and some of his attitudes don't hold up so well in modern times. It would be an interesting take on "Hard Traveling Heroes" where a Black man has to educate a rich white liberal about how to really be an ally rather than a self-righteous loudmouth, presuming to speak for "the little guy."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Depending on how one chooses to write Ollie, he could easily come off as an entitled SJW rich-boy liberal who doesn't actually know what he's talking about, which John might take issue with. This isn't the 60's/70's anymore and some of his attitudes don't hold up so well in modern times. It would be an interesting take on "Hard Traveling Heroes" where a Black man has to educate a rich white liberal about how to really be an ally rather than a self-righteous loudmouth, presuming to speak for "the little guy."
    I actually would hope for something like this. The weird dichotomies between the two would be great. Ollie is a non-powered "street level" hero, a position usually given to minority characters. He is also either a wealthy or formerly wealthy white man with all the privilege that goes with that. John is a cosmic-level super-powered hero whose scope and viewpoint would vastly differ from Ollie's on a host of approaches. But he is also a black man who spent the vast majority of his life growing up in the USA in the 20th and 21st centuries.

The fault lines between their life experiences as well as their ROCK SOLID moral focus would make for an amazing alliance and for some awesome arguments.

I'm for it.
    Last edited by Redjack; 07-03-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I truly baffled by the thinking that went into this design choice.

But, maybe this is working for some, does anyone honestly think this is an improvement?
    It's definitely not an improvement. John's modern costume always been very highly regarded from what I seen from others. It's beyond me on why they would change it. There's no improvement that's really needed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see why he is wearing a jacket for a good deal of the movie.
    Yup, that pretty much explains it lol

BANNED

I always thought they would make an interesting pair because they're both very dedicated to social justice and anti-authoritarian in a way most superheroes aren't (part of why I love them), but their personalities are so different.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I actually would hope for something like this. The weird dichotomies between the two would be great. Ollie is a non-powered "street level" hero, a position usually given to minority characters. He is also either a wealthy or formerly wealthy white man with all the privilege that goes with that. John is a cosmic-level super-powered hero whose scope and viewpoint would vastly differ from Ollie's on a host of approaches. But he is also a black man who spent the vast majority of his life growing up in the USA in the 20th and 21st centuries.

The fault lines between their life experiences as well as their ROCK SOLID moral focus would make for an amazing alliance and for some awesome arguments.

I'm for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I always thought they would make an interesting pair because they're both very dedicated to social justice and anti-authoritarian in a way most superheroes aren't (part of why I love them), but their personalities are so different.
    That would be pretty interesting, although in the actual movie I'm expecting Ollie to just be the quippy and irreverent run to contrast with John's more stoic and steadfast personality .

I guess there isn't really a clear Arrow Family member you could pair with John other than Ollie. Connor has Kyle but I don't think people want to see John Diggle and John Stewart together (besides Diggle is pretty much persona non grata in the comics now). Maybe Roy despite the generational/age difference?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be pretty interesting, although in the actual movie I'm expecting Ollie to just be the quippy and irreverent run to contrast with John's more stoic and steadfast personality .

I guess there isn't really a clear Arrow Family member you could pair with John other than Ollie. Connor has Kyle but I don't think people want to see John Diggle and John Stewart together (besides Diggle is pretty much persona non grata in the comics now). Maybe Roy despite the generational/age difference?
    I think Roy would be interesting with Simon and hilarious with Guy.

John Stewart and Black Canary could be interesting.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nice pick. For me, if DC is too afraid of Tony Isabella and Katana isn't going to be with Black Lightning then I'd chose Tatsu and John.

Well, I didn't mean it in a romantic sense (although that could be interesting route to go as well) but if GL's are going to paired with the Arrow Fam then Dinah is a possible option as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Pardon the small tangent, but I really enjoyed his Robin War confrontation between Duke and Damian. His voice for Duke superb there and remains one of his strongest early feats. So with that in mind and with the hype of the Rebirth issue, it's super sad and ridiculous how hard Tom King dropped the ball with Duke in his actual Batman run.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think I ever seen them interact with each other. If they did, it was super rare, I'm sure. I wonder what kind of dynamic would that bring?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Now I'm wondering about Katma's life on Korugar...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thanks for posting this

Dinah is so linked to Green Arrow now....... I don't think it would go over well
    The J-man