Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Also this week’s issue heavily incorporated Hypertime, so again I’m not sweating it. I don’t think DotJL is going to force everyone to drop their plot lines and synergize.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah all that is true. I don't think they would be that crazy.

Yeah, it doesn't look like it is going to derail the ongoing books, but at the same time I feel like this is creating unnecessary confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't look like it is going to derail the ongoing books, but at the same time I feel like this is creating unnecessary confusion.
    Yeah, based on what Redjack said on twitter about how it's his first time hearing about the announcement of Death Of The Justice League, I don't think it'll derail what's going on in Green Lantern, including other books.

Fingers crossed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am so excited to see all the seeds that were planted in regards to John Stewart's larger role in the cosmos finally come to fruition. I would've preferred that all this had happened back in the 90s before the whole Chosen One trope had been overdone to the point of parody, but at least it's being done well and with some integrity.
    Oooooooh booooy, GREEN LANTERN #10 is EPIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!

G.Thorne / Redjack is killin' it .....guys why are none of y'all sending apropos, appreciation and pleasantry to what he is doing in this Green Lantern book he's writing?

Has anyone even sent him any Happy New year greetings!!!

It seems that John is now above and beyond New God's... somewhat attuned or connected to the source wall?

Happy new year Mr. G.T/ Redjack.....and thank you, thank you, thank you for the brilliance you have done for John.

I am also loving the Jo Mullien (and what's left of the GLC) vs Koyos story...and it seems Jo and John's situations may have been planned/ prepped or not. We will see!

LOOOOOVED GL #10. SUPERB.....10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    YES PLEASE! Idgaf if its White Lantern John, Ascended John, Guardian John, etc, but PLEASE have him bring back Xanshi so we can permanently throw that plotpoint into oblivion.
    Agreed....and make Xanshi sentient ....aaaaand bring back MOSAIC!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Based on the same preview, it looks like John's middle name is Marshall:

Might be a reference to U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall.
    I share the exact same thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This scene sort of reminds me of a cosmic Game Of Thrones.
    Indeed!!!

Mighty Member

That's actually my biggest fear here. John gets these God powers and taking on the New God Esak, attempting to restore his past tragedies like bringing back his wife, and creating his own world in the Dark Sector. It would be quite silly if all these developments are gone and forgotten.

DC management fixed Hal's past tragedies during Rebirth. They need to do same thing with John.

It would be a HUGE disappointment if they disregard John's developments here.

Those writers also set John to new heights, but some of these developments they did with the character became forgotten, because of SHAKEUPS. I do NOT want his development forgotten here when one of the best things I've seen from the character is happening right now in the comics.
    Well said.....agreed and co-signed!!!!

Mighty Member

Same here. I like the direction they're going with John. I wonder can this possibly lead to a bigger role in the upcoming events of the DCU this summer?
    We all hope for the same thing here.

Perhaps Redjack could maybe give hints......if he can.

BANNED

Yeah, based on what Redjack said on twitter about how it's his first time hearing about the announcement of Death Of The Justice League, I don't think it'll derail what's going on in Green Lantern, including other books.
    If he didn't know, that means Green Lantern and Justice League will be contradictory, and that means the editors aren't doing their job! Death should've used Hal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

However, the writer of Superman knows about this event. He has mentioned his plans wouldn't chsnge.

So, it's worrisome and suspicious that Redjack didn't know anything about this event.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, the writer of Superman knows about this event. He has mentioned his plans wouldn't chsnge.

So, it's worrisome and suspicious that Redjack didn't know anything about this event.
    I mean, remember when Mairghread Scott came out about how she was actively excluded from the Bat Office's Creative Summit meetings even though whatever events they had planned would have an impact on what she was writing?

The precedent is unfortunately already kind of there.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    Well, has there been a notice that Thorne's Green Lantern run is even continuing past issue #12?

I wouldn't rush to think there is some skullduggery afoot. His circumstance with the company may simply not be the same as the Superman writer's.
    There hasn't been a notice or anything, but seeing that Green Lantern is missing in the April solicits, it may not continue. I dunno.

But anyways, whether it's true or not, DC should at least give an announcement to their readers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If he didn't know, that means Green Lantern and Justice League will be contradictory, and that means the editors aren't doing their job! Death should've used Hal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Yeah, it is. Especially given that there's no solicits for Green Lantern.

But I just wished we got some kind of notice on what's going on. It's annoying that their management is leaving their fans stranded out of nowhere.

Yeah I really hope that this is just bad timing/misunderstanding, like just a standard delay for a month because DC vs Vampires is also missing. Because other wise if there plans are messing with his story that is really not fair to Redjack. I guess it's wait and see, I'm not going to try to make baseless conjecture/yelling at people.

Just wish Redjack the best of luck
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.