Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1791

Question

What’s Johns Bankai going to be?
    The J-man

I suddenly have an odd feeling that Jo and Kyle are going to help John develop a anime transformation sequence.

Hal and Jess will be fascinated by it, Guy will laugh, and Simon and Alan will probably be confused (Simon Baz doesn’t feel like an anime kind of guy and Alan is probably too old for anime at 100)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I suddenly have an odd feeling that Jo and Kyle are going to help John develop a anime transformation sequence.

Hal and Jess will be fascinated by it, Guy will laugh, and Simon and Alan will probably be confused (Simon Baz doesn’t feel like an anime kind of guy and Alan is probably too old for anime at 100)
    Now I can't stop thinking about John in his own Tokusatsu series. Complete with his own Super Sentai Henshin sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Now I can't stop thinking about John in his own Tokusatsu series. Complete with his own Super Sentai Henshin sequence.
    We have enough Earth Lanterns for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Quick someone call Dan Mora
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Which writer established John as a Marine sniper? I had assumed it was something established post Nu 52 but I just remembered seeing a Pre-Nu52 image of him with a sniper gun made with his ring.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Which writer established John as a Marine sniper? I had assumed it was something established post Nu 52 but I just remembered seeing a Pre-Nu52 image of him with a sniper gun made with his ring.
    I feel like it was probably Johns?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it was probably Johns?
    That's my recollection as well

The cartoon established him as a marine, then Johns specified his sniper role.

Meanwhile, fans of John's architectural background wept

BANNED

I think Johns was the first writer to make his military history canon to the comics.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Random thought, but I remember being dissatisfied with John's appearance in Green Lantern Earth One volume 2.

Found his character really understated in the book itself cause he spent way too much page-time sharing it with these 2 other astronauts, one of which being the one who had the ring for half of the book before John himself gets it and actually becomes a Lantern.

It meant John himself barely got characterization and wound up just as a guy without much to make him distinct especially as he's given the same astronaut job as Hal does in the book.

It was Geoff Johns that brought the Marine Sniper aspect. I thought it made sense, given that John is most known from the JL cartoons show.

Other writers such as Tony Bedard and Peter Tomasi used that background aspect when John was handed over onto their GLC book when it starred Kyle and Guy pre-52 and New 52.

I still have a suspicion that Hal will either die in Dark Crisis or just be sent away to some other dimension like Superman, Lois, Alexander Luthor, and Prime at the end of CoIE. It really seems like WB has finally made up their mind to have John as their Green Lantern going forward and I wouldn't be surprised if the order came down to take Hal off the table for a while. the fact that he’s playing such a prominent role in the main story when he’s been off doing his own thing lately could be Williamson building an emotion connection to the character which would make Hal’s “death” hit harder.

I really hate the sniper background. Johns always has to add some dark backstory to every hero he writers. As the top sniper in marines we can surmise that John has killed countless people. Yeah it was in a war setting but what other Justice League member has a big kill count? Maybe only Black Adam.

John Stewart is DC’s most well known POC superhero and they’ve saddled him with Xanshi and now the sniper background.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-06-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I still have a suspicion that Hal will either die in Dark Crisis or just be sent away to some other dimension like Superman, Lois, Alexander Luthor, and Prime at the end of CoIE. It really seems like WB has finally made up their mind to have John as their Green Lantern going forward and I wouldn't be surprised if the order came down to take Hal off the table for a while. the fact that he’s playing such a prominent role in the main story when he’s been off doing his own thing lately could be Williamson building an emotion connection to the character which would make Hal’s “death” hit harder.

I really hate the sniper background. Johns always has to add some dark backstory to every hero he writers. As the top sniper in marines we can surmise that John has killed countless people. Yeah it was in a war setting but what other Justice League member has a big kill count? Maybe only Black Adam.

John Stewart is DC’s most well known POC superhero and they’ve saddled him with Xanshi and now the sniper background.
    In fairness to Johns, I feel like the military backstory for John was always gonna be an inevitability no matter whose writing it. Cause it does stem from being a popular element of his cartoon portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jessica Cruz was in DC Super Pets though.

Mighty Member

It was the JLU animated series of the 2000s which created the military aspect for Stewarr.