Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

I really hope that there's just a delay. With that said, whatever the outcome is, DC needs to really step up their management with Green Lantern. Around (the failed) DCYou promotion era, the management with the Green Lantern franchise has been horrendous. Lost Army ended unexpectedly and Cullen Bunn didn't even knew his story was being replaced with Tom Taylor's Edge Of Oblivion. What makes matters worse, is that Tom Taylor's was working on the story,when Cullen Bunn was still writing it. It was said that Lost Army should be disregarded as some separate story and NOT continuation to Lost Army (Van Sciver had said this in this forum). The only thing those books had in common, was the theme, where they're stuck in a different universe out of nowhere. I'm worried they're going to do Redjack wrong, just like they did Cullen Bunn wrong. I certainly hope there will be no editorial mismanagement BS nonsense here. It's tiresome and annoying. They need to get their act together.

My main disappointment has to do with all of these mismanagement changes that really hurts the story and these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    Whoa! It is not there at all?

I wouldn't be surprised by a different writer (I actually kind of expected it), but I did not expect the book (or some GL replacement) to just not come out at all o__O
    Whether or not there will be a different writer, DC should've gave some update at least before the solicits came out (if there's changes) like they did with Justice Leauge.

BANNED

Didn't Redjack say his run was only 12 issues (with hope for more)? Issue 11 should come out in February and 12 should come out in March. If he's not going past 12 issues, he'll at least have gotten to tell the story he wanted to. Unfortunately, guys like Cullen Bunn didn't get the same chance. I think there was a month gap before Redjack's run started, so we may be getting a new creative team. I just hope we don't get a team that thinks it would be dramatic or cool to regress John into old traumas again. I'd like to see his character, values, and connections fleshed out so that he really gets to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    There hasn't been a notice or anything, but seeing that Green Lantern is missing in the April solicits, it may not continue. I dunno.

But anyways, whether it's true or not, DC should at least give an announcement to their readers
    GL’s not in April solicits? Hm ok maybe my optimism was misplaced. Perhaps they are indeed going to relaunch GL with a new direction. Editorial’s idiotic mandates were the worst part of the run however, forcing Thorne to blown up in the Central Battery and focus on Jo/Keli was always idiotic. Damn shame if the backlash over the deaths is what sinks the run.

Hopefully it’s just a skip month.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Yeah, a lot of what folks didn't like was editorially mandated, like the battery blowing up.

I wonder if there were plans to promote John in order to set the stage for a new GL to take center stage at the ground level. I always thought that was a possibility given the direction of Redjack's writing and John's missing logo.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Didn't Redjack say his run was only 12 issues (with hope for more)? Issue 11 should come out in February and 12 should come out in March. If he's not going past 12 issues, he'll at least have gotten to tell the story he wanted to. Unfortunately, guys like Cullen Bunn didn't get the same chance. I think there was a month gap before Redjack's run started, so we may be getting a new creative team. I just hope we don't get a team that thinks it would be dramatic or cool to regress John into old traumas again. I'd like to see his character, values, and connections fleshed out so that he really gets to shine.
    Yeah his arc was intended to be 12 issues. That was his contract. But yeah, you're right. Redjack did get a chance to tell his story in full, while Cullen Bunn couldn't get 12 issues like he wanted. What worries me is that the next writer will undo John. And if that's the case, everything John did here was all for nothing. This will be the same BS on what happened to John in Mosaic, because of the Emerald Twilight. We got crappy mismanagement with Lost Army/EoO. And John's leadership development didn't transition so well in HJ&TGLC, because of that.

But who knows what will happen. Hopefully they have good plans for the character. I'm just tired of being stranded and not getting some kind of notice whenever a title is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    GL’s not in April solicits? Hm ok maybe my optimism was misplaced. Perhaps they are indeed going to relaunch GL with a new direction. Editorial’s idiotic mandates were the worst part of the run however, forcing Thorne to blown up in the Central Battery and focus on Jo/Keli was always idiotic. Damn shame if the backlash over the deaths is what sinks the run.

Hopefully it’s just a skip month.
    Well it was originally planned for this series to have two writers, not just one. That's the reason why you see Thorne having to write Kelli and Jo in a split story.

I was wondering once this arc is finished, whether Green Lantern will be replaced with a Green Lantern Corps title.

Incredible Member

Probably skipping a month, which at this point I am not sure is good. The story has been lackluster.

BANNED

Lost Army was a little different since it was a mini, while this is an ongoing. They may have hoped to lock in a creative team by this point but haven’t. Sometimes a team will sign on for something literally a day or hours before an announcement. At least that’s what happened at the start of the New52

BANNED

Funny though is that Marvel announced two Cap books led by different characters. They also have more than one Spider-Man. If DC did the same, you either wouldn’t have this fan investment issue or you could at least tell which GLs should be culled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    Last time something like this happened (Lost Army), the book was just cancelled. If DC planned on continuing it, DC and/or the writer would have most likely given some notice.

I find that's just something you risk being a big GL fan. There are a bunch of different characters a writer can focus on, or--as we've seen a lot of--they could simply create a new one. They can have some bias against your preferred character or simply not care about them. Other comics characters suffer from the same problem, but I feel this sort of thing is at an obscene level with Green Lantern. I don't like that kind of insecurity where I choose to place my emotional investment, personally.

People think/thought I'm some totally irrational emotional ultra fan, but I'm a lot more pragmatic than they think. I can withdraw my investment if I don't think it's a particular secure or well placed investment

That said, I do understand the frustration, because I've been there.
    Yeah, my wallet is currently feeling a little nervous. I'm starting to realize being a GL fan, there gonna be some big consequences, even when everything sounds fine and normal. I just thought DC learned their mistakes over the management of this franchise. And I agree. I see that this happens to other characters in different franchises, but I don't see it as often and as bad as Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Funny though is that Marvel announced two Cap books led by different characters. They also have more than one Spider-Man. If DC did the same, you either wouldn’t have this fan investment issue or you could at least tell which GLs should be culled.
    Redjack said something like that in an interview to where DC wants to expand this franchise. But it doesn't look as easy as it sounds, though.

Redjack said something like that in an interview to where DC wants to expand this franchise. But it doesn't look as easy as it sounds, though.
    I’ll be blunt: I think editorial is the problem. Their ideas for what the franchise should be are bad. Seriously since Johns’ tenure ended the only two types of stories we seem to get are either “The Corps is on the brink of extinction!” or nostalgia bait for the Johns era. I liked Thorne’s ideas for Stewart and I enjoyed his run if this is the end, but his story was dragged down by having to include story beats that most GL fans are indifferent to at best and outright despise at worst. Comic fans are bored of slaughter fests because we know it doesn’t matter, look at how apathetic people are to the JL “dying”. I think Thorne’s run would’ve been way more warmly received if it was just a story about John on a journey of self-discovery in the Dark Sectors, and John not having to “share” his book. I hope it wasn’t cancelled because of sales or because of DotJL

There should be at least two GL books out, instead there’s like fucking 15 Batbooks.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hmmm interesting. I'm happy at least that DotJLA doesn't effect what Redjack is currently doing with John Stewart in his run.

So now, I'm wondering does this mean that he's going to continue after issue #12?

Hmmm interesting. I'm happy at least that DotJLA doesn't effect what Redjack is currently doing with John Stewart in his run.

So now, I'm wondering does this mean that he's going to continue after issue #12?
    That certainly seems to be the gist of the message. Good! I kind of hope the delay is to maybe give Raney more time with the art if he’s continuing on, or maybe get a new art team.

That John is in his old uniform in all the promotional material already raised some questions about when exactly this was meant to be taking place.