Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1791

I would have preferred for Throne to finish his story because as I understand upcoming one-shot is part 2 of 3 parts story?

Either way PJK is probably best option for another writer and only unfortunate thing about it is that it supposedly is not coming out any time soon? Might be second half of 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Could be like the current Cap books with Steve and Sam. Both have a slightly different tone and eventually crossover down the line. Though Sam's book started before Steve, while here it says John's book spins out of Hal's book so whatever happens there must feature John in some capacity as well.
    Oh I see. Yeah I just read that from the article. So that means there will be two different ongoing books. Hopefully it doesn't mean that one will be ending after the other has begun or some kind of transition.

Honestly though, I hope John will be as less capacity as he can out of her book, especially if it's spinning out of her book.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 11-18-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Daniel Sampere is a huge GL fan and he’s worked with PKJ before. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on one of the GL books, he’s said that he’ll still be at DC after Dark Crisis.

I think the plot threads that PKJ has been setting up in Action are going to get used here too. One big development he’s been building up in the Warworld Saga is that there was this Old God who was one of the first and most powerful gods to ever be. He went nuts and the other gods had to team up to kill him and shatter his body into 7 Aspects which became planets. One of those Aspects was Warworld, and I feel confident that John will be dealing with another of the Aspects in this book since the end of the Warworld Saga “woke up” the 6 other Aspects because of what Superman did there. If you’ve read and enjoyed the Warworld Saga I expect the exact same kind of tone here with John Stewart.
    Thanks for the details! I'm going to check out more of his work. This leads me to wonder whether there will be some kind of crossover in the future if things goes as planned.

Spectacular Member

Philip Kennedy Johnson is fine with me.

Who they get to be the artist is what's going to probably make or break this series though.

If they get a top person, then great. If not... well, 12-issues and out most likely.

(Or like most everything it'll only last a couple of years at most regardless.)

Anyway, I hope it's good... I hope it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Thanks for the details! I'm going to check out more of his work. This leads me to wonder whether there will be some kind of crossover in the future if things goes as planned.
    He teased that Superman and the GLC would team up to fight the Revenant Queen when he first mentioned her over in Action. I could see Action and his GL book crossing over for that. Otherwise he’s teased that he wants to do a long Jurgens tier run on Action, and if he got to do that all of his plot threads would culminate in a big story for the ending. Given how cosmic his run has been, and how stuff in Action is likely going to matter for John GL, I can see his big finale for these books being a crossover event that wraps up all his cosmic storylines. Of course that’s if he gets to stay on the books for as long as he wants, do what he wants, and people keep liking his writing for the characters, so we’ll see how his John is in an ongoing.

I’d be happy just to have him give John a new LI
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If Thorne won't wrap up New Gods related plots then we could see PJK doing something with them as well since he seems interested in that corner of DC universe as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I would have preferred for Throne to finish his story because as I understand upcoming one-shot is part 2 of 3 parts story?
    This is somewhat of a relief for me, as I didn't like that story or the idea or design of "Emerald Knight". Anyway, it's cool DC is sticking with John. Hopefully, they do something worthwhile with him. He could desperately use a character-defining run under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah he wanted something like a trilogy and this one-shot isn't some kind of filler. From the looks of things, John Stewart is going to be a Green Lantern again at some point. It's a bummer that Mr. Thorne didn't finished the trilogy, but at least DC gave him a decent time writing the character. Now the question remains how is Emerald Knights going to transition into the 2023 Green Lantern books. I really hope that John is not even making an appearance in Mariko Tamaki's book. The real good thing though is that Thorne and PKJ has communicated to each other about John. I'm confident there will be a smooth transition from his work to PKJ's upcoming work with John Stewart.

Either way PJK is probably best option for another writer and only unfortunate thing about it is that it supposedly is not coming out any time soon? Might be second half of 2023?
    Yep, he's definitely the best option. I always wanted him to be the next writer if Thorne doesn't continue writing John. I loved his one-shot work on John. Even Thorne endorsed PKJ to be the next GL writer for John Stewart if DC doesn't continue his contract at the time. I think this was a smart decision by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He teased that Superman and the GLC would team up to fight the Revenant Queen when he first mentioned her over in Action. I could see Action and his GL book crossing over for that. Otherwise he’s teased that he wants to do a long Jurgens tier run on Action, and if he got to do that all of his plot threads would culminate in a big story for the ending. Given how cosmic his run has been, and how stuff in Action is likely going to matter for John GL, I can see his big finale for these books being a crossover event that wraps up all his cosmic storylines. Of course that’s if he gets to stay on the books for as long as he wants, do what he wants, and people keep liking his writing for the characters, so we’ll see how his John is in an ongoing.

I’d be happy just to have him give John a new LI
    That sounds promising if that ever happens. But yeah, I can definitely seeing it being a cosmic setting and we're get to see United Planets probably playing a bigger role. And I'm sure there's going to be guest appearances too! While Hal's book is going to be more Earth based. I guess something like the earlier Johns run where Hal dealt with characters like Tattoo Man, Shark, Hector Hammond, etc. and have other Earth super heroes make appearances in his book.

I really hope that we'll get a really good artist on John's book. I want to see a top tier artist. If anything that GL needs, is a really good artist. I'm sure readers expect GL books to have good artists ever since the Johns' era. Daniel Sampere definitely a good artist and it's nice that they worked together. Just like how Marco Santucci and Thorne have worked together on multiple GL projects. There's many other good artists out there too.

Well speaking of artists, Jamal Igle wants to draw the book

PKJ seems game to bring him on board.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    This is somewhat of a relief for me, as I didn't like that story or the idea or design of "Emerald Knight". Anyway, it's cool DC is sticking with John. Hopefully, they do something worthwhile with him. He could desperately use a character-defining run under his belt.
    I have no idea how long the Emerald Knight status quo was going to run, but if it ever was intended to be a lasting thing then I wouldn't be surprised if the HBO Max show changed the editorial priorities for John.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    John desperately needs his own arch enemy. Definitely someone not Xanshi related. I hate the idea of just giving him Sinestro to fight.

Did anyone really expect the "Emerald Knight" thing to stick around for too long. It was clear that after Dark Crisis, things were going back to normal. It was another Sentinel/Warrior/Ion thing that DC does from time to time due to wishing the different GLs to feel more "special" for some reason. Those gimmicks and blowing up the central power battery are the oldest tropes in this franchise.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    John desperately needs his own arch enemy. Definitely someone not Xanshi related. I hate the idea of just giving him Sinestro to fight.
    I did enjoy how PKJ refurbished Mongul with a new coat of paint so I have that he might be able to give John a good villain to call his own

Been enjoying his AC run immensely and he's pretty good at space opera so he's a pretty great choice

Hopefully the artist is an epic one to match the scale

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Did anyone really expect the "Emerald Knight" thing to stick around for too long. It was clear that after Dark Crisis, things were going back to normal. It was another Sentinel/Warrior/Ion thing that DC does from time to time due to wishing the different GLs to feel more "special" for some reason. Those gimmicks and blowing up the central power battery are the oldest tropes in this franchise.
    I mean, it's just the nature of characters going through those kind of phases in comics. Characters evolving into something else has always never been permanent. You always seen that with big time characters as well. I just hope that John still have those powers be dormant in some kind of way when he transition back into a GL. A little similar how Alan Scott is a GL, who uses his magical ring, but is also the living Starheart.