Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hal actually is, or was, his favorite Lantern.
    Might be similar situation as with Morrison liking Kyle the most before writing Hal in The Green Lantern run. When you spend lots of time researching and writing the character then I think it is bound to change your perception.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this. PKJ did wonderful work on Action Comics. And given that he's actually been in the military, he might be able to make that aspect of the character not bore me stupid for once

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have no idea how long the Emerald Knight status quo was going to run, but if it ever was intended to be a lasting thing then I wouldn't be surprised if the HBO Max show changed the editorial priorities for John.
    Hmm....good point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Big things on the horizon for John. Feels great.
    Agreed.

Its a pleasant feeling to see live action tv series and PKG coming on board to write John but honestly i am saddened that we will not get to see Thorne's trilogy play out as planned.

Apparently PKJ talks a little about GL in this interview, seems both the Hal and the John books will be minis. Disappointing but if they do well DC can always greenlight more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Here's the thing about all that. People in our hobby have a tendency to substitute their opinions – I hate/love X, therefore that is an indication of facts and anyone who disagrees is wrong. There are a stack of Green Lanterns and everyone has a favorite. Everyone, including the writers and editors of these yarns. Including the heads of the massive corporations who control the fates of these characters we love. And every single one of those opinions, those loves and those hates, is equally correct. Not "right" or "wrong." Correct.

No one strokes their goatee, sports a sinister grin and gathers the cabal together to figure ways to screw "the fans." That does not happen. it's petty, it's stupid and, most of all, counterproductive to the activity in which we are engaged– making up stories we want to tell and which, for periods of time, the company wants as well. THEY are in the business of making money. sitting around figuring ways to screw "the fans" is antithetical to that. No one does it.

Zero entertainment companies engage in the sorts of conspiracy thinking, god forbid planning and executing schemes based upon such nonsense in order to tank a book, series or character. No one does that. NO ONE does that.

Mariko Tamaki, empirically, is a successful writer who has a career making up stories for a living. Not a job. Not a lottery win. A career of which her time at DC is just a part.

Probably a bit of both. My contract was up. DC has the option of carrying on with a very complex and lengthy story (two more year-long arcs), the company had just been purchased – again– and everything was in flux. This is when big editorial choices have time to be made. A bit of breathing room. What will come of their choices? We'll all see, won't we?

Yep. He sure is.

Yep, me too.

Me neither. His Action Comics was FIRRRRRRE!

Really? Color me completely unshocked.

I am ready for this.
    Well said. I agree.

I'm excited to see what you and PKJ have in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Might be similar situation as with Morrison liking Kyle the most before writing Hal in The Green Lantern run. When you spend lots of time researching and writing the character then I think it is bound to change your perception.
    Right. PKJ He grew up with Hal. But when he started learning more about John Stewart's character, he said he fell in love with the character. And also said that John Stewart became one of his favorite DC characters.

Apparently PKJ talks a little about GL in this interview, seems both the Hal and the John books will be minis. Disappointing but if they do well DC can always greenlight more.
    Thanks for this. He talks about GL around the 13:38 mark.

That's why I said in an earlier post that I wonder if they're minis.

He did say that he's unsure how many issues there's going to be, though. It is announced to be released late next year. That's so long lol. But hopefully it'll turn to be an ongoing.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 11-24-2022 at 12:13 AM.

That’s a real bummer. Because even though they can eventually extend the books, a lot of fans won’t even give minis a chance, so they sell less by default.
    I wish DC would commit to at least 12 issues of a true John Stewart series, not a GLC book disguised as John’s.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That’s a real bummer. Because even though they can eventually extend the books, a lot of fans won’t even give minis a chance, so they sell less by default.
    I wish DC would commit to at least 12 issues of a true John Stewart series, not a GLC book disguised as John’s.
    Nothing's set in stone yet. We have about one year before his book gets released. For all we know, it may expand to an ongoing series.

I think it's probably hard to avoid the GLC when the series take place in space.

PKJ said the story is going to be action packed, where it's similar to The Terminator and the Predator. Sounds exciting.

BANNED

Moving forward with mini-series likely speaks to a lack of confidence and commitment in a direction. And that is the impression it will give many, especially when GL has been off the stands for like...it must have been over half a year by now, right? And it's coming back with one-shots and mini-series when no regular monthly title is available. At all.

That this book will arrive so late also gives the impression DC will let the Hal book play out before releasing this one, so they may not even be confident in having two new GL books running concurrently.

It's pretty amazing things have gotten to this point with Green Lantern, but not really surprising when you examine the creative choices that have been made. Its last real big hit was Blackest Night and that was well over 10 years ago by now. It's just been going off the fumes of whatever interest was left from the Johns run, and repetitive and bad ideas since then. And flooding the declining franchise with extraneous Earth Lanterns is a totally bonkers idea. I can only guess the thought is that one of them will be the home run they need to get back on track. Or, actually, more likely the editors and writers don't really care about the long-term health of the thing and just do whatever at the moment. But I guess you can't totally blame them because it seems they typically aren't guaranteed much nor are they seemingly paid that much.
    Still, the result is the result.
    Last edited by Proto Man; 11-25-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised Merayn was never giving a ring once the 7 lantern corps all started up.
    You would think someone would write a story of John’s ex girlfriend being a GL again or another corps to give John conflict.

Ultimate Member

FOC for Redjack's One shot is this Monday.

4 Variants with 2 costing over $100 (at least at my store).

Do they? Tthe only line I read related to GL was the author stating, "Maybe a John Stewart Green Lantern movie will finally happen." Was there something I missed?