Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    What are some of your favorite scenes or scans?
    Favorite scenes all come from Green Lantern Sector 2814 vol 2 and 3. Those contain my favorite John moments and characterization.

Special thanks to you for starting these threads over the last few years.
    Aw, thanks SecretWarrior!

What are some of your favorite scenes or scans?
    It would probably be him reciting the oath in the JL cartoon. I love Phil Lamarr's voice and I don't think no one could recite the oath as good as him imo.

Another recent scene(s) I like is how John became some kind of God and taking on Esak's guards from both issues.

John calling the Big 5 his family when him and the Justice League was taking on the Frost King in Endless Winter. I also liked how the writers continued to acknowledge on John's leadership in the Justice League, including that story. That was probably the best thing Ron Marz ever did with the John Stewart's character, considering he's a co-creator of Kyle Rayner. That really says a lot.

I also like John's characterization as a heavy thinker in Are you afraid of Darkseid?

And of course John being a competent character in the Robert Venditti and Van Jensen era of Green Lantern.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Favorite scenes all come from Green Lantern Sector 2814 vol 2 and 3. Those contain my favorite John moments and characterization.
    I love those.

I'd also add James Owlsey's (now known as Christopher Priest) Green Lantern Special #1, which had the just widowed and very pissed off John going to apartheid-era South Africa.

Once you get past the first spectacularly pretentious first issue, I think GL Mosaic has among the best John Stewart comics ever done, which will unfortunately never get republished due to obvious reasons.

And Van Jensen & Chiang's GLCorps has some great stuff despite being derailed by some editorially-mandated crossovers that are pretty mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Pretty much my first green Lantern. I thought he was ok since I was still in my "Batman 4eve" phase but the GL mythos has entranced me and remembering him restoring the GLB Core in JLU was in a new light.

Lay on us his essential reads my friends.
    For a recent fun read that requires no prior reading, check out Venditti’s brief JL run. Features John as a leader and overall its pretty solid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I love those.

I'd also add James Owlsey's (now known as Christopher Priest) Green Lantern Special #1, which had the just widowed and very pissed off John going to apartheid-era South Africa.

Once you get past the first spectacularly pretentious first issue, I think GL Mosaic has among the best John Stewart comics ever done, which will unfortunately never get republished due to obvious reasons.

And Van Jensen & Chiang's GLCorps has some great stuff despite being derailed by some editorially-mandated crossovers that are pretty mediocre.
    I wanted to bring that up as one of my favorites earlier, but I decided not to, due to obvious reasons.

BANNED

I just got some of Spin Master's DC line. The're some really great looking figures IMO. The angle of my picture skews the heights of the characters a bit. GL, Superman, and Flash are the same height. Batman is a tiny bit shorter, and WW is a little bit taller.

Official photo of the line:

John is also the only one with an 8 pack, which fits this meme:

Incredible Member

Excellent book shelf picture for multiple reasons *hat tip*

And nice catch regarding the abs *lol*
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Pretty much my first green Lantern. I thought he was ok since I was still in my "Batman 4eve" phase but the GL mythos has entranced me and remembering him restoring the GLB Core in JLU was in a new light.

Lay on us his essential reads my friends.
    Mosaic

Robert Venditi's GL run

The current run by Geoffry Thorne

He was also on the JL during parts of Joe Kelly's run, Simone's JLA Classified arc, Scott Snyder's run and Robert Venditi's run where he was featured more extensively. And if you enjoyed the JLU version, John makes a few notable appearances in the tie in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John's definitely packing .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    John's definitely packing .
    haha, yeah. I love his construct. It's incredibly detailed.

BANNED

In a similar vein, a few of my all time favorite panels:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Excellent book shelf picture for multiple reasons *hat tip*

And nice catch regarding the abs *lol*
    Haha, thank you, good sir! *hat tip*

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And if you enjoyed the JLU version, John makes a few notable appearances in the tie in comics.
    Absolutely. Just as Superman Adventures were among the best Superman comics at the time of STAS, the JL and JLU comics were fantastic stories that heavily featured John.

I just got some of Spin Master's DC line. The're some really great looking figures IMO. The angle of my picture skews the heights of the characters a bit. GL, Superman, and Flash are the same height. Batman is a tiny bit shorter, and WW is a little bit taller.

Official photo of the line:

John is also the only one with an 8 pack, which fits this meme:

That looks awesome. I didn't know that those were yours. I love seeing the Big 5.