Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It came off as editorially mandated but those kind of changes never seem to last in the comics.
    Pretty much, yeah. There definitely were mandates for these other characters to be included in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. There definitely were mandates for these other characters to be included in this book.
    I expect the FS team to form in Dark Crisis, probably at the end. Would be nice if that meant GL could be a solo John Stewart book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know if anyone really expected Iron Man Simon or Yellow Lantern Jess to stick around in the long-term.
    I agree on Jessica, but Simon as regular Green Lantern just feels pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I agree on Jessica, but Simon as regular Green Lantern just feels pointless to me.
    I wonder if DC has given up on Simon and Jessica as partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect the FS team to form in Dark Crisis, probably at the end. Would be nice if that meant GL could be a solo John Stewart book.
    I really hope so. There could potentially be two GL books. That would be pretty cool.

I wonder if DC has given up on Simon and Jessica as partners.
    After Green Lanterns has ended, they haven't really been like the dynamic duo ever since (I think). I think that idea came directly from Johns, since the book was pitched by him. Other writers probably didn't really care about them becoming partners.

Even in Jessica's Graphic Novel, John was featured in that book over Simon.

After Green Lanterns has ended, they haven't really been like the dynamic duo ever since (I think). I think that idea came directly from Johns, since the book was pitched by him. Other writers probably didn't really care about them becoming partners.
    I don't know why, they were so great together .
    Even in Jessica's Graphic Novel, John was featured in that book over Simon.
    Yeah, not that I mind John showing up but it felt kind of random that they used him there.

BANNED

Yeah, not that I mind John showing up but it felt kind of random that they used him there.
    AFAIK, Simon has never been depicted as her love interest, while John was in that OGN. She also had an attraction to John in the mainstream DCU, so it's not completely out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    AFAIK, Simon has never been depicted as her love interest, while John was in that OGN. She also had an attraction to John in the mainstream DCU, so it's not completely out of left field.
    To be fair she also wanted to date Barry Allen, and I think she kissed Batman
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think she noticed how good looking he is but I don't think that counts as full blown romantic attraction.

Although he wasn't really much of a love interest in the GN either since it was mostly just him and Jessica relating to each other and bonding. They never even kissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    To be fair she also wanted to date Barry Allen, and I think she kissed Batman
    One of the oddest things Christopher Priest did in his JL run...

It was due to writer preference. The writer said really nice things about John.

The way I see it, the partnership with Jess and Simon wasn't memorable to some, so it probably didn't work out the way it should have. But I think that's something the Green Lantern franchise fails at in general. John and Guy were supposed to be best friends in the New 52, but nothing really came out of it. There's probably a few bro moments here and there, but that was it. Other writers just wasn't fully invested into that idea. The same with Jess and Simon.

But if Jess and Simon will have a good dynamic with each other on the HBO Max show, then writers probably will be invested into it in comics.

I think she noticed how good looking he is but I don't think that counts as full blown romantic attraction.
    Yeah, it was physical attraction she had on him. She loved John's abs from what I remember.

Yeah, it was physical attraction she had on him. She loved John's abs from what I remember.
    yeah. she was pretty thirsty.

It was due to writer preference. The writer said really nice things about John.
    The GN writer?

The novel was also set in Coast City if I remember right so that also made me think of how associated John or the other GL's are with Coast City compared to, say, Hal.
    The way I see it, the partnership with Jess and Simon wasn't memorable to some, so it probably didn't work out the way it should have. But I think that's something the Green Lantern franchise fails at in general. John and Guy were supposed to be best friends in the New 52, but nothing really came out of it. There's probably a few bro moments here and there, but that was it. Other writers just wasn't fully invested into that idea. The same with Jess and Simon.
    I feel like people really slept on Sam Humprhies' Green Lanterns despite the great character work it did for Simon and Jessica.

I remember when Kyle and Guy were super close and that fell by the wayside when they tried to push Guy and John.
    But if Jess and Simon will have a good dynamic with each other on the HBO Max show, then writers probably will be invested into it in comics.
    They have good material to draw from .
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    yeah. she was pretty thirsty.
    No shame .

The GN writer?

The novel was also set in Coast City if I remember right so that also made me think of how associated John or the other GL's are with Coast City compared to, say, Hal.
    Yeah, here's what she said in the interview:

It was really exciting for me, to be able to like, "Oh, let's bring him in to the story." I felt that he was almost the heart of the story in a lot of ways, because he gives Jessica a little bit of this idea of, "You can open up to someone. You can share what is your greatest fear, and that you're not alone." That was key. It's this concept of "You're not alone," when it comes to these kind of huge burdens and realities that young people have to face. He brings not only levity, but just emotions of, "I can be this friend."

It was really kind of great to be able to include him in the story. I felt like it was needed. And they're both are at the very beginning of their journey of what they're going to be.
    It was set in Coast City, which was probably the closest way for her to have some ties to John.

I feel like people really slept on Sam Humprhies' Green Lanterns despite the great character work it did for Simon and Jessica.
    I see what you mean. And they should've stuck on that idea. It really comes down to management and creators to capitalize on that idea. I think it can be a possibility again in the HBO Max series. And Geoff Johns is going to be involved in some capacity. He's the one, who pitched that idea to Sam Humphries.

I remember when Kyle and Guy were super close and that fell by the wayside when they tried to push Guy and John.
    I think it was way before that. It happened ever since Tony Bedard was the new writer for the GLC series where John was placed in that book.

Peter Tomasi was the one who had Guy and Kyle super close, but he's the same guy who made John and Guy become best friends in the New 52 launch. I would say that it does lead into questions on the sudden change.

They have good material to draw from .
    Yeah they do