Page 25 of 120 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    From what I saw on Twitter, it wasn't just constant attacks, it was constant RACIST attacks towards John Stewart on Twitter. There was even some of them being racist towards Jessica as well. Every fan that I seen done that were Hal Jordan fans. They've never been critical towards Guy Gardner (with those same arguments), because he's not a POC. I remember some user on this forum got banned, because they made an offensive racist joke towards John. I also seen them mocking users who has pronouns in their bio. So pushing one of the most popular black character makes them nervous. Those very same racist people love Geoff Johns. They treat him like he's some kind of God. A lot of users on here don't like Ethan Van Sciver and Hal Jordan is his favorite character. People on these boards always say how Comics Gate is full of racists, but yet I see this racist shit in DC Comics. And hardly no one ever points that out for some reason. So I ask myself on how is Geoff Johns attracting some of these kind of fans? Some of these (racist) fans don't realize that they're giving Hal Jordan a bad name. And it's not the character's fault. If they keep this nonsense up, DC may be more hesitant on using him in the future. It's sickening and disgusting.
    You may have stumbled upon a CG bot account. CG, SnyderCut people and a few others are full of them, and then there are accounts pretending to be POCs so they can be racist, or women so they can be sexist, or CG accounts that pretend to be against CG so they can spew CG nonsense with some credibility and... Look, the whole thing is exhausting (even more so to old farts like myself). If you bother to do twitter, stick to people you know to be real. Coordinated attacks and hashtags and whatnot are BS. (I'd point you to my profile but it would be useless since I tweet in portuguese)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Aren't SnyderCut people behind John because Snyder wanted to use him?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It wasn't just Twitter. It was a couple here, too some time ago (but those post has been deleted). But you're right, I'm giving them attention that they don't deserve. I was just caught off guard about it, because I never expected to see anything like that before. It really bothered me reading those hateful posts

But I'll get over it.
    It's difficult to ignore the loudest and ugliest aspects of fandom, but I always try to remember that they're rarely representative of the larger whole.

For every asshole ranting about Star Wars, there's millions more who just love it, but don't ever feel the need to talk about it online. For every toxic SnyderBro harassing some shlub working for WB, there's many, many more who just dug those movies. Green Lantern fans, irregardless of which GL they prefer, are exactly the same.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wouldn't try to apply too much logic to the more overzealous SnyderBros. Remember, these are folks who enjoy those movies because they honestly think they're "realistic", which they most definitely aren't.

And I say this as a guy who really loves Snyder's DC trilogy despite its many, many, many flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I honestly have no idea at this point. I'm not even sure most Snyder people are in fact Snyder people.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's difficult to ignore the loudest and ugliest aspects of fandom, but I always try to remember that they're rarely representative of the larger whole.

For every asshole ranting about Star Wars, there's millions more who just love it, but don't ever feel the need to talk about it online. For every toxic SnyderBro harassing some shlub working for WB, there's many, many more who just dug those movies. Green Lantern fans, irregardless of which GL they prefer, are exactly the same.
    yep.

all of that is true. for some reason, and this is also a fact, humans are more likely to be aggressive about what they don't like than they are about what they like.

people who write letters to the editor are FAR more likely to be expressing displeasure than love.

ever wonder why there's a complaint department but never a praise department?

humans are weird.

luckily, numbers don't lie.

So...can we talk how cool Godstorm Kaiju John was? Because it was pretty f***king cool
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah I dug the hell out of this issue. Really excited to see what’s going to happen next with that big glowing orb of (Maltusian? Oan?) energy. Also we got to see Sayd! Remember her? I didn’t think DC did lol. Loved how Keli’s gauntlet was used and I dig the explanation on what made Jo’s ring different.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jo is a Flash fan!

This is probably the very best addition to DC canon in my lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Jo is a Flash fan!

Yeah that is always fun when you get interactions between characters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I dug the hell out of this issue. Really excited to see what’s going to happen next with that big glowing orb of (Maltusian? Oan?) energy. Also we got to see Sayd! Remember her? I didn’t think DC did lol. Loved how Keli’s gauntlet was used and I dig the explanation on what made Jo’s ring different.
    Yeah so I assume that Godstorm John is in there trying to recreate various the Lantern Corps and the good guardians/all lives apparently. Really hard to tell what is going on in a Magic, Godstorm/New God, Guardians of the universe ball of energy am I right.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Jo is a Flash fan!

Which Flash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Flash ?
    It was Wally, had the Wally costume and Hal even said “I remember when you were the new kid”
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It was Wally, had the Wally costume and Hal even said “I remember when you were the new kid”
    I know Wally was in the issue but did she become a fan after meeting him or was it established she was a general fan before she went into space? Because if the latter Barry might've still been The Flash depending on the timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Flash ?
    Thompson, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Thompson, obviously
    Well, they're both vets...