Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    He was the same age as Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent in the DCAU.

No reason for him to be old if guys like Pattinson and Cavill get to start young.

John deserves casting on part with them, Steve Rogers, Thor, Wolverine, etc. Those characters have gotten tons of development and several appearances because the actors were cast young at the start. Not to mention, GLC hasn’t even started production, so you have to add at least 2 years to the actor’s age.
    It depends what approach they go with for John in my opinion. I mean, the universe is so inconsistent and not fully formed (and who knows when the GLC movie is ever going to happen) that at the end of the day what will matter most is just the one movie and getting the character, mythos, and story right.

BANNED

BANNED

So the next GL film is called Green Lantern: Beware My Power, which is the same title as the story for John's debut issue:

Coincidence?

BANNED

First page:

BANNED

Before WB filmed the 2011 GL movie, they weren't sure if they should make a film focused on WW or GL, so they released animated origin stories for both characters, which influenced their decision. Before Flash and Aquaman got live action movies, they got straight-to-DVD Justice League movies focused on each them, and their live action films have similar plot ideas to the animated films. I wouldn't be surprised if the straight-to-DVD films help to sell investors on an idea, but I don't know how these things work.

So the next GL film is called Green Lantern: Beware My Power, which is the same title as the story for John's debut issue:

Coincidence?
    The pilot episode for the Green Lantern animated show had the same title, and John Stewart was nowhere to be found. So it could mean a lot, or nothing at all.

Well, it's part of the Oath so one way or another it's a big part of the franchise.

The only thing I assume with some degree of certainty is we'll see John as a Lantern and probably Sinestro.

Before WB filmed the 2011 GL movie, they weren't sure if they should make a film focused on WW or GL, so they released animated origin stories for both characters, which influenced their decision. Before Flash and Aquaman got live action movies, they got straight-to-DVD Justice League movies focused on each them, and their live action films have similar plot ideas to the animated films. I wouldn't be surprised if the straight-to-DVD films help to sell investors on an idea, but I don't know how these things work.
    Might be prep for the movie but it could also be prep for the GL series which should start shooting soon. Either way it looks like GL as a franchise might hopefully be on an upswing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's part of the Oath so one way or another it's a big part of the franchise.

The only thing I assume with some degree of certainty is we'll see John as a Lantern and probably Sinestro.
    Man the GL franchise desperately needs to build up some foes beyond “evil ring bearers”. A Corps of cosmic cops shouldn’t have to constantly fight just evil versions of themselves. Stuff Hickman is doing with the X-Men is the kind of high-concept sci-fi the GLs need.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man the GL franchise desperately needs to build up some foes beyond “evil ring bearers”. A Corps of cosmic cops shouldn’t have to constantly fight just evil versions of themselves. Stuff Hickman is doing with the X-Men is the kind of high-concept sci-fi the GLs need.
    I mean, Sinestro is the franchises' most iconic villain, so it's about expected he'd show up. It's just he's Hal's personal nemesis so you kind of have to figure around that.

Should the GL's be fighting old alien ladies? Although I guess the Manhunters could be played like Nimrod/The Phalanx .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Legendary actor, Sidney Poitier, has passed away today and just wanted to let people know that John’s original design was based on him.

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-07-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think the fact Ray Fisher’s split was on bad terms doomed Cyborg. The character has been consistently well received in the DCEU but the chaotic and accusatory nature of Fisher’s exit makes Cyborg a controversial character in executives’ eyes given the tone of racial discourse in America. The guy is still taking time out of his day to bash WB on social media for mistreatment and recasting the character in this climate would draw a lot of criticism online. The leaks also explained that a huge part of WB’s decision making is based on how audiences respond on social media so I imagine WB thinks recasting Cyborg would draw more criticism than it would praise, especially at the outset.

Plus he’s not exactly seen as an A-tier character so he’s seen as more expendable than Batman and Superman. Not to mention that the DCEU is ramping up the introduction of black characters like Static, Black Canary (a race swap), and John Stewart, who will likely be their flagship GL. Cyborg doesn’t carry the DCEU’s black representation on his back like he did back in 2017. Had Ray Fisher rolled with the punches and not been so vocal about his problems with the studio, Cyborg likely would’ve retained his position as one of the main leads of the Flash film and had a spin-off movie lined up.

John doesn’t benefit from Cyborg not being recasted, but he’ll likely be positioned as DC’s most prominent black male hero moving forward, which is a trend we’ve already seen in the comics. I wonder who will direct the GL movie.
    Yeah that's a good point. I didn't think of that. He was indeed a great character in the DCEU. So that would mean it probably was more of a business decision they made here.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Legendary actor, Sidney Poitier, has passed away today and just wanted to let people know that John’s original design was based on him.

I heard about this earlier today. He's an icon who broke barriers. He will be greatly missed

I think there was an interview a few years back where Neal Adams explained John's visual inspiration was based off of Sidney Poitier.

RIP Sidney Poitier.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Joe "Robbie" Robinson, from Spider-Man, was also based on Sidney Poitier.

BANNED