Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

I like PJK, but I don't really like that Thorne isn't doing that GL story. Are we going to have to wait till 2023 for Emerald Knights series now?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I like PJK, but I don't really like that Thorne isn't doing that GL story. Are we going to have to wait till 2023 for Emerald Knights series now?
    I don't see why we would. Since John's "death" took place at a time that doesn't fit neatly at any point during Thorne's run, they can just launch Emerald Knights now and say it takes place either before or after Dark Crisis and literally no one but a handful of continuity obsessives would care.

It sure can happen, but to me it sounds real stupid marketing if in the span of couple of months we'll get Death of GL and new GL series that don't have anything to do with each other.

It sure can happen, but to me it sounds real stupid marketing if in the span of couple of months we'll get Death of GL and new GL series that don't have anything to do with each other.
    Firstly, John isn't a GL anymore. Secondly, DC has given up on continuity so many times before, the fact that "JS&EtK" would be far removed from earth makes it a lot easier to launch that series and worry about "where it fits" later. John is essentially a cosmic entity at this point. It could be explained away fairly simply if they wanted to waste the time. Not like DC ever bothered explaining what happened during the "Lost Lanterns" arc, and why the GLC suddenly appeared in another universe, or what happened between "Lost Army" and "Edge of Oblivion".

You can call it how you want, but I think that majority of people will treat "JS&EtK" as a GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ is writing Action Comics right now which I consider to be one of the best DC books every month it comes out. He’s got a real talent for world building, and I’m excited to see what he does with Stewart. If you want some quick one and dones to get a taste for his writing I recommend:
    -Future State Superman: Worlds of War 1 & 2
    -Future State House of El
    -Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Batman Hush

To see if you dig him. Also The Last God his dark fantasy book for DC Black Label rules.

Blanco is a great artist, he was on the recent Suicide Squad run I believe.
    Sounds promising. Although it's only a single shot, I'm even more anxious to see how he writes GL. I'll check those issues out. Thanks

You can call it how you want, but I think that majority of people will treat "JS&EtK" as a GL book.
    Or a GL spinoff. Unless we don't get an actual GL book thereby everyone would then treat it as the de-facto GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or a GL spinoff. Unless we don't get an actual GL book thereby everyone would then treat it as the de-facto GL book.
    People will at least look at it as a GL spinoff for sure, even though John is no longer a GL at the moment.

BANNED

New GL movie is in the Tomorrowverse and stars John! Looks awesome!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

John! Shayera! Mari!! Count me in!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

New GL movie is in the Tomorrowverse and stars John! Looks awesome!
    OMG!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

I'm glad that we've figured last year that Beware My Power is going to feature John Stewart as the main character. I'm so excited to see this.

I really wished Neal Adams lived through to see this finally happened

R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    John! Shayera! Mari!! Count me in!
    I was surprised to see Hawkgirl in this one!

It's nice to see the origin story where John was specifically selected by the guardians to be the next Green Lantern.

Really digging the animation style for the Tomorrowverse, it’s really gotten crisper and more fluid since MoT, much better than the previous shared universe style.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In Green Lantern: Beware My Power, recently discharged Marine sniper John Stewart is at a crossroads in his life, one which is only complicated by receiving an extraterrestrial ring which grants him the powers of the Green Lantern of Earth. Unfortunately, the ring doesn't come with instructions - but it does come with baggage, like a horde of interplanetary killers bent on eliminating every Green Lantern in the universe. Now, with the aid of the light-hearted Green Arrow, Adam Strange and Hawkgirl, this reluctant soldier must journey into the heart of a galactic Rann/Thanagar war and somehow succeed where all other Green Lanterns have failed. The film's Supervising Producer is Butch Lukic. Green Lantern: Beware My Power is available on 4K, Blu-ray & Digital starting July 26, 2022.
    https://www.ign.com/videos/green-lan...ficial-trailer