Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Aldis Hodge is a wonderful actor

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

It really is amazing how big of a push John is finally getting. Should have happened properly around Rebirth for that sweet sweet DCAU synergy but I guess those creators who grew up with JL/JLU finally have the opportunity to do it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    We even have more John Stewart content to look forward to next year as well. Can't wait to get the Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League video game. I'm excited for that one. I'm really speechless on how DC is pushing John after all these years. It was definitely worth the wait.
    John was one of the first Black superheroes I was exposed to as a kid thanks to the DCAU. I’m so happy my guy is getting a huge push. It’s been a long time coming. Now all we need is for things to get off the ground in live action.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Never thought I'd see the day but here we are. Les gettit awwn!!

Really, my only complaint about John in this movie is how they adapted his GL look.

Also I hope his architectural interest comes through and it's not just Marine Superhero 100% of the time.

They do say John is discharged so we may get some nods to his architect roots, but given the movie seems to involve a war I expect them to go hard on Stewart as a soldier who lived through one war and is now thrust into another.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    John was one of the first Black superheroes I was exposed to as a kid thanks to the DCAU. I’m so happy my guy is getting a huge push. It’s been a long time coming. Now all we need is for things to get off the ground in live action.
    John was one of the first Black superhero I've known growing up thanks to the JL/JLU cartoons. He brought in so many fans. I'm glad that DC is finally being loyal to his fanbase.

At this point, I'm confident that John will be a star character in the live action film. Hopefully it's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really, my only complaint about John in this movie is how they adapted his GL look.

Also I hope his architectural interest comes through and it's not just Marine Superhero 100% of the time.
    Yeah, the suit is similar to his first appearance. So I'm sure it's based off of that. I'm sure his suit will be updated to his modern look later on.

If his architecture background gets introduced, I'm wondering whether his first contracting job will be in Ferris Aircraft like what we've seen in Van Jensen's John Stewart origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    About damn time!
    Hell Yeah!!!

I don’t hate the design myself although I’d rate the DCAU look above it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t hate the design myself although I’d rate the DCAU look above it.
    I'm thinking it's a temporary design and it was based off of when he first became a GL.

John still looks badass in that screenshot.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

New GL movie is in the Tomorrowverse and stars John! Looks awesome!
    That costume is....not good.

But, otherwise, looks like it could be a lot of fun.

This new DC animated movie universe is looking better and better with each new installment, this news just gets me more excited.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

What is "Tomorrowverse"?

Mighty Member

*My Thoughts on Green Lantern: Beware my power trailer*

It's disappointing how the architecture skillet of John Stewart is being ignored.

John Stewart is both a military marine AND an architect.... His architectural skills influence his Green Lantern constructs but look at the rubbish constructs that this animated movie is giving him?!? Urrgh!!!

And being a marine/ military veteran provide more than just fighting skills but also knowledge on organisational structure with a focus on efficiency and results regarding training, deployment, battle/ war strategy, etc.

Green Lantern John Stewart is NOT one dimensional .....being an architect makes him a builder and being a marine/ military makes him a protectors (and/ perhaps even a destroyer)... BOTH of these aspects heavily influence what and who he is as a Green Lantern whereby he understands fully the responsibility of being part of an inter-galactic police force dedicated to preserving/ saving lives, building trust and support across different species, etc which certain.

Another brilliant angle of John Stewart is that sometimes he struggles between the 2 aspects of himself where his builder/ architect side comes into conflict with his destroyer/ military side.

It's both these aspects that made him noticed directly by the Guardians later making him LEADER of the Green Lantern Corps and .... recently....ascended becoming a literal cosmic being.

All these are superb nuances of John Stewart which we should be seeing in this animated movie

*I hope this animated movie does well enough for it to get a sequel or animated series in the HOPE that BOTH aspects of John Stewart are exhibited and explored.* Or the trailer is saving his architectural skills for those who watch this animated movie.....but I doubt it.