Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    They may have been looking for thematic overlap between the Marines and the GLC.
    Well, you're not wrong.

I recall an interview where Timm did state they were approaching the GLC like they were military since the GL's were inspired by characters in a sci fi novel called the Lensman.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, you're not wrong.

I recall an interview where Timm did state they were approaching the GLC like they were military since the GL's were inspired by characters in a sci fi novel called the Lensman.
    I just wanna know when John getting theatrical release.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I just wanna know when John getting theatrical release.
    That would be exciting, but let's hope it's successful. If it is successful, we'll see a John Stewart push like never before.

BANNED

WW and HJ had direct to dvd films before live action ones. Flashpoint Paradox was also a direct to dvd film before it was a live action one. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they pitched some ideas to potential investors.

I remember reading somewhere that Kevin Feige would use Bryan Hitch's art from the Ultimates as a baseline for selling the MCU and that these heroes could work in live action. Millar's approach was to make the book feel like a summer blockbuster.

I wouldn't be surprised if GL: BMP was a sign of how the cogs are turning.

The GL animated movie might be an indication that the DCEU GL movie is making progress or it may simply be because the MAX show is going to start shooting this year. But these animated movies can indicate what the higher up thoughts are, we’re supposedly getting a CoIE animated trilogy next year, and that aligns with where the DCEU supposedly intends to go. John has a lot of content coming regardless so it’s a good time to be a fan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Ridley wouldn't be bad if he doesn't write a John Stewart story that involves in a tragedy.

I would say Thorne, Van Jensen, Scott Snyder, or Robert Venditti would be my picks.

All Star Green Lantern would be good if it's a John Stewart space adventure, but I'm more interested in an modern day origin story for John.

So I think Year One would be suitable.

I really hope there would be another John Stewart standalone project that involves in an origin story where Kat is part of his supporting cast.
    Hell NOOOOO to Ridley!!!!

Not with the rubbish writing he is doing in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hell NOOOOO to Ridley!!!!

Not with the rubbish writing he is doing in Black Panther.
    I heard good things about his work on Batman. He seemed to have a good overall reputation. Although it's honorable for him wanting to write John Stewart, but I don't think he'll be the best for the job.

BANNED

I heard good things about his work on Batman. He seemed to have a good overall reputation. Although it's honorable for him wanting to write John Stewart, but I don't think he'll be the best for the job.
    He brought up Xanshi and Fatality in the Valentine’s Day Special John appeared in, and that really turned me off of the idea of him writing John. I’d rather forget those parts of history and move on than try to define John by that BS again. You can miss me with that.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-18-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    He brought up Xanshi and Fatality in the Valentine’s Day Special John appeared in, and that really turned me off of the idea of him writing John. I’d rather forget those parts of history and move on than try to define John by that BS again. You can miss me with that.
    That's exactly the reason why I wouldn't choose him. I feel when writers can't think of anything of John other than Xanshi, they're not using much of their creative talent for this character. It just proves that they are not willing to invest in developing John any further unfortunately.

BANNED

That's exactly the reason why I wouldn't choose him. I feel when writers can't think of anything of John other than Xanshi, they're not using much of their creative talent for this character. It just proves that they are not willing to invest in developing John any further unfortunately.
    Oh, and he also brought it up in the BL issue of the Otherside of DC History or whatever. Not hard to nail down his thinking.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Such a rich personal history for those who want to mine it. . .
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-18-2022 at 12:21 PM.