Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well since you guys don’t like Old Man John how about the exact opposite?

Attachment 121537
    Love it

Fanart version:

Info on the book: https://getyourcomicon.co.uk/blog/20...r-spring-2023/

BANNED

More infor on GL: BMP--

Warner Bros. Details UK Home Video Release For GREEN LANTERN: BEWARE MY POWER

Warner Bros. has formerly announced the UK release of the next DC Comics animated movie, GREEN LANTERN: BEWARE MY POWER.

Published 1 week ago on May 26, 2022 By Neil Vagg

. . .

In Green Lantern: Beware My Power, recently discharged Marine sniper John Stewart is at a crossroads in his life, one which is only complicated by receiving an extraterrestrial ring which grants him the powers of the Green Lantern of Earth. Unfortunately, the ring doesn’t come with instructions – but it does come with baggage, like a horde of interplanetary killers bent on eliminating every Green Lantern in the universe. Now, with the aid of the light-hearted Green Arrow, Adam Strange and Hawkgirl, this reluctant soldier must journey into the heart of a galactic Rann/Thanagar war and somehow succeed where all other Green Lanterns have failed.

SAG Award-winning actor Aldis Hodge (Black Adam, One Night in Miami, City on a Hill) takes the title role as John Stewart/Green Lantern, closely supported by Jimmi Simpson (Westworld, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Pachinko) as Green Arrow. The voice cast includes Ike Amadi (Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, Superman: Man of Tomorrow) as Martian Manhunter, Brian Bloom (The A-Team, Mass Effect) as Adam Strange, Jamie Gray Hyder (Law & Order: SVU, True Blood) as Hawkgirl, Mara Junot (Call of Duty franchise, Genshin Impact) as Lyssa Drak & Banth Dar, Jason J. Lewis (Justice League Action) as Ganthet & Captain Kantus, Keesha Sharp (Empire, Lethal Weapon) as Vixen, Simon Templeman (Uncharted franchise) as Sardath & Console Voice, Rick D. Wasserman (Batman: The Killing Joke) as Sinestro, Sunil Malhotra (Mortal Kombat 11, The Legend of Korra) as Power Ring and Rannian Commander, and additional voices provided by Nolan North (Young Justice, Rick and Morty, American Dad!).

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Green Lantern: Beware My Power is directed by Jeff Wamester (Justice Society: World War II) from a script co-written by John Semper (Static Shock, Fraggle Rock) and Ernie Altbacker (Justice League Dark: Apokolips War). Jim Krieg (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) is producer, supervising producer is Butch Lukic (Batman: The Long Halloween), and Sam Register is Executive Producer.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power – Special Features

DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Download

John Stewart: The Power and the Glory (New Featurette) – Whether in brightest day or blackest night, John Stewart remains one of greatest and most beloved heroes of the DC Universe – and of the many universes that he has protected in his groundbreaking 50-year career as a Green Lantern. His courage, strength, conviction, and compassion have been his source of his abundant power, as well as the reason for his immense fanbase. This documentary examines his adventures on the printed page, the animated screen, popular culture and beyond, featuring all-new interviews with the creators, writers, artists, and performers who helped shape John’s legendary stories, including Aldis Hodge, the voice of John Stewart in Green Lantern: Beware My Power.
    https://getyourcomicon.co.uk/blog/20...ware-my-power/

BANNED

BANNED

Marvel has now done better GL constructs than the ones used in the actual GL film.

BANNED

She even has John's glowing irises and refers to her abilities as "hard light," LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Marvel has now done better GL constructs than the ones used in the actual GL film.

Admittedly I don't think the GL film had a great CG budget but that was literally 11 years ago. Tech has come a long way since then.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly I don't think the GL film had a great CG budget but that was literally 11 years ago. Tech has come a long way since then.
    I'm not referring to the quality of the CG, but the art direction. The idea of making constructs projections not physically connected to her was already a smart move. Then they also decided to make the constucts look more like rough mental abstractions rather than highly detailed replicas, which was also smart, as it avoids the cheesiness factor altogether. The 2011 film could have had similar artistic choices. I mean, T2 and the original Jurassic Park hold up because of the artistic ways that they used their dated CG.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-08-2022 at 01:18 PM.

I'm not referring to the quality of the CG, but the art direction. The idea of making constructs projections not physically connected to the her was already a smart move. Then they also decided to make the constucts look more like rough mental abstractions rather than highly detailed replicas, which was also smart, as it avoids the cheesiness factor altogether. The 2011 film could have had similar artistic choices. I mean, T2 and the original Jurassic Park hold up because of the artistic ways that they used their dated CG.
    I guess it comes down to what you expect GL constructs to look like...I mean, they are mental projections to some extent, just look at Kyles', but how detailed they are depends a lot. And they have to be connected to the ring because they physically come from the ring.

BANNED

I guess it comes down to what you expect GL constructs to look like...I mean, they are mental projections to some extent, just look at Kyles', but how detailed they are depends a lot. And they have to be connected to the ring because they physically come from the ring.
    They don’t have to have a visible connection to the ring, which is one of my points. In live action, the ring can flicker like a film projector, while the constructs look mostly independent. Ms. Marvel made some good visual choices from what I’ve seen so far.

They don’t have to have a visible connection to the ring, which is one of my points. In live action, the ring can flicker like a film projector, while the constructs look mostly independent. Ms. Marvel made some good visual choices from what I’ve seen so far.
    I don't see what's wrong with there being a visible connection to the ring. Even when Kamala did her Embiggen it was basically the same as a GL giant hand since it was sprouting from the bracelet.

BANNED

I don't see what's wrong with there being a visible connection to the ring. Even when Kamala did her Embiggen it was basically the same as a GL giant hand since it was sprouting from the bracelet.
    I didn't see an energy tether there

I didn't see an energy tether there
    I thought I saw it when it was elongated out of her arm....because they want her to look like she's stretching without having her actually stretch .