Page 6 of 120 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-15-2022 at 04:16 AM.

BANNED

Based on the same preview, it looks like John's middle name is Marshall:

Might be a reference to U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Very strong supporter of the Mass Effect-ion of DC Cosmic. Also John would benefit a lot from having some more Renegade in his personality
    Van Jensen kind of showed us that, scars and all, lol:

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

"Marshall" feels fitting for a space cop.

First Katma appearance of 2022.

(Training officer becoming your wife is also something that happened to Deathstroke).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Marshall" feels fitting for a space cop.
    Very true-- I also looked into John Marshall, and I wouldn't be surprised if John's activist mom did consider that thought, lol.

When Daredevil was on the run once, I remember him saying that it was smarter to go by your middle name than to go by a new name altogether. So he went on the run as "Michael Murdoch."

If the Justice League ever does the same, we'd have Marshall Stewart, Joseph Kent, Rudolf West, and Thomas Wayne. Pretty sure the last two are the names of the respective character's fathers.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

These recent Katma teases just break my heart. DC just bring her back please lol.

It's cool that John has a middle name now. I actually like the middle name.

Is John in the dead zone meeting with Katma?

John seems pretty powerful here. If he's this powerful, I'm wondering if he would be able to bring Xanshi back to life? I remember John briefly mentioning that he was finding ways to bring Xanshi back when he was in the Justice League at the time. It would be nice if John sees this as an opportunity to try to and restore Xanshi if he can.

This scene sort of reminds me of a cosmic Game Of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

John seems pretty powerful here. If he's this powerful, I'm wondering if he would be able to bring Xanshi back to life? I remember John briefly mentioning that he was finding ways to bring Xanshi back when he was in the Justice League at the time. It would be nice if John sees this as an opportunity to try to and restore Xanshi if he can.
    YES PLEASE! Idgaf if its White Lantern John, Ascended John, Guardian John, etc, but PLEASE have him bring back Xanshi so we can permanently throw that plotpoint into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    YES PLEASE! Idgaf if its White Lantern John, Ascended John, Guardian John, etc, but PLEASE have him bring back Xanshi so we can permanently throw that plotpoint into oblivion.
    Exactly lol

That's why I want Xanshi brought back so no future writer try to use it as an excuse as that is all they know about the character (like John Ridley). They need to start thinking outside of the box. This includes writers who really are fond of John, but just don't know how to write him.

Man I love CrissCross’s art, would be great if he could stick around as the ongoing artist but I get that he just might not be able to keep up his level of quality with the monthly grind.

Definitely is, awesome to see Katma referenced!
    Van Jensen kind of showed us that, scars and all, lol:
    Really dug the beard on John and I do like the scars, makes him look rugged and tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Wouldn’t mind bringing back Xanshi if Xanshi became a part of the United Planets and got used in important ways. Dig into their status as a Crux World and what that means. Of course you’d have to establish it as a one time thing since John can’t just be casually bringing back planets without a cost (unless we’re going full HiX-Men). Otherwise Kal’s going to be asking for Krypton next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

cool preview, might check it out if I hear we get some answers and momentum here in this one. cool that he got a middle name but really wish it was a better name. Marshall just feels like we're just further doubling down on the institutionalization of John's character and making him feel more like that soldier/avatar of "the system" archetype and less like the free-thinker I would like to see him fall back into. but hey it's a name, I guess most fans and writer ain't thinking that much about it anyway. regardless, I think I might just have to just accept that's the character John is and stop hoping for a change in direction.

Preview for GL 10:

visually, CrissCross did his thing with Warlord John tho.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-15-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    cool preview, might check it out if I hear we get some answers and momentum here in this one. cool that he got a middle name but really wish it was a better name. Marshall just feels like we're just further doubling down on the institutionalization of John's character and making him feel more like that soldier/avatar of "the system" archetype and less like the free-thinker I would like to see him fall back into. but hey it's a name, I guess most fans and writer ain't thinking that much about it anyway. regardless, I think I might just have to just accept that's the character John is and stop hoping for a change in direction.
    I agree that John is more than just a Warlord or "The Man," and that rebelliousness is part of his identity too.

Like the fire in a lantern, he's someone who can use his power to build, not just destroy. However, to some extent, virtualy all superheroes are about protecting the established order. That's why he was able to stand in for Icon in the Static cartoon.

Some characters just better serve as a critique for the systems in place, like Batman and occassionally Superman (think when Lex was President). When this happens with GLs, it usually means corrupt Guardians or traitors in the ranks.

BANNED

BANNED