Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Yep. When you learn how to read instead of just looking at the pictures, we can talk again.
    She is derived from the Green Lantern concept in terms of powers, intro, marketing etc. Not every GL character has to be part of the Corps. Alan isn't. Doesn't matter how you dance around it. Steel isn't Kryptonian and yet he's a Superman character, so. . .?

She is under 18, has GL-like powers, and a green costume, and I don’t like the concept, regardless if it’s her Kai Ro or Tai Pham. Execution doesn’t matter. Just my personal opinion on the concept.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-13-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    GL outsold GLC under both the Johns and Venditti eras, because its the flagship book. It's not about quality, and yes GLC still did good numbers.

Arisia isn't a primary character. Her fans are like Huntress or Question or Wildcat fans. They like her around and don't want her killed off, but she can't hold her own book. She's in he same boat as Salaak or Kilowogg.
    I agree about the GL books.

I'm a little unsure about Arisia, though. I don't think she's even close to have fans as passionate that's on the level of Huntress, Question, Wildcat etc. Editorial certainly wouldn't have gave her the axe in the earlier issues if that was the case. She hardly ever plays roles. She's sometimes forgotten unfortunately. Kilowog and Salaak seem to be more heavily regarded among fans than her it seems.

She is derived from the Green Lantern concept in terms of powers, intro, marketing etc. Not every GL character has to be part of the Corps. Alan isn't. Doesn't matter how you dance around it. Steel isn't Kryptonian and yet he's a Superman character, so. . .?

She is under 18, has GL-like powers, and a green costume, and I don’t like the concept, regardless if it’s her Kai Ro or Tai Pham. Execution doesn’t matter. Just my personal opinion on the concept.
    You can refuse to accept what happened in the story if you want to. Absolutely. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Obviously you want to stay mad.

So, stay mad, son.

BANNED

You can refuse to accept what happened in the story if you want to. Absolutely. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Obviously you want to stay mad.

So, stay mad, son.
    First, don't "son" me. I'm not your boy.

Second, I think you're projecting. Don't try to read my mind-- It's not your forte.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-13-2022 at 07:07 PM.

I think you're projecting, my guy

Don't try to read my mind-- It's not your forte
    Why would I bother trying to read your mind? Your words are plenty. You're just wrong on this one. It happens.

BANNED

Why would I bother trying to read your mind? Your words are plenty. You're just wrong on this one. It happens.
    Lol, if I'm working you up to being passive agressive, I think you should take a break. You were just critcizing Cyber for being emotional. Is passive agressiveness not a sign of emotionality?

Also, an opinion without polling is subjective. It can't be wrong. But I can see you're trying to make yourself feel better. Instead of going after people on a forum, maybe you should let us share our opinions?

Instead of going after people on a forum, maybe you should let us share our opinions?
    You are. No one's stopping you. I'm providing facts. If your opinions don't line up with the facts, that's on you. Not all opinions are equal. This is one of those times.

BANNED

You are. No one's stopping you. I'm providing facts. If your opinions don't line up with the facts, that's on you. Not all opinions are equal. This is one of those times.
    Facts are she has GL-like constructs, was marketed as Teen Lantern, and was prominently featured in GL on your run. She's a spin-off GL character even if she's not in the Corps. Doesn't matter what added details are. Like I said, Steel isn't Kryptonian and doesn't always have the S logo, but he's a Superman character.

Also a creator telling me that my subjective opinion is unequal isn't exactly letting me "be" on a forum. But feel free to go on being passive aggressive. You can have the last word.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-13-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Facts are she has GL-like constructs, was marketed as Teen Lantern, and was prominently featured in GL on your run. She's a spin-off GL character even if she's not in the Corps. Doesn't matter what added details are. Like I said, Steel isn't Kryptonian and doesn't always have the S logo, but he's a Superman character.
    word games. you're shifting what you said, still wrong and now in retreat. why are you doing this?

Keli is as much a Green Lantern as Jack O Lantern is or Argent. She's LESS a Green Lantern than Jade (who is, also not a Green Lantern).

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Why are folks who are not editors, or upcoming writers arguing against what the current writer used as canon?

If it was published, then it's canon, until a retcon changes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Why are folks who are not editors, or upcoming writers arguing against what the current writer used as canon?

we have a winner.

Ultimate Member

The hatred or viewed as a threat for certain characters outweighs everything else.

Especially a Bendis created character.

Right. If this character is not x anymore based on a canon story, there's no way around it, regardless whether a reader agrees with it or not.

Perception shapes reality.