Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Geez, what a shitshow.

The truly wretched redesign of John's usually awesome costume should have been the rip-off to all of us that this movie was going to be a disaster, but I kept hoping they could still manage something interesting.

Nope.

Pitting fandoms against each other is always a terrible idea. It only weakens the franchise. Alienating fans who might have otherwise enjoyed your product is so counterproductive, it should be common sense by now.

Yet...

Well, at least this leaked early so no one has to waste their money on this.

Such a shame, John Stewart has deserved a great solo film for years. To handicap him like this is simply idiotic.
    So I just wasted money!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So I just wasted money!?
    I think you will like the movie a lot for people who are fans of John Stewart only there’s nothing that will really turn you off, and for a particular kind of John Stewart fan this movie will be like Christmas for them
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think you will like the movie a lot for people who are fans of John Stewart only there’s nothing that will really turn you off, and for a particular kind of John Stewart fan this movie will be like Christmas for them
    This is really good to hear. Thanks.

I'm just hearing all of this FUD going on around here made me a bit worried.

Ultimate Member

July 26th. Like Injustice, this one got out in the wild earlier than anyone wanted.
    Probably a screener copy. Unless someone overseas had a earlier release date.
    Because any copy for stores would not show up for at least a week or in some cases the weekend before release.

And my copy is coming in the mail.

It will probably needlessly handicap Hal a bit though. Why not just...leave him out of the movie?
    It won't.

Need proof?

How many jokes have been done to Aquaman for the last 40 years?

Yet he still got a billion dollar movie.

How bad have the Teen Titans been done in comics by DC?

Yet got 3 successful shows and 3 OGNS that outsell BATMAN on Amazon.

How neglected have Vixen, Bumblebee, Herald, Duke Thomas and Cyborg been in comics?

Yet all seem to find fans outside of comics.

How does this hurt Hal? Who has HOW MUCH STUFF???? It doesn't hurt him.

There will be NEW Hal stuff in stores. There will be new Hal stories. That is not ending.

This is really good to hear. Thanks.

I'm just hearing all of this FUD going on around here made me a bit worried.
    It’s mostly Hal fans who are going to be pissed. That’s all I can say without spoiling. Not that I condone pirating as per the rules of the site but since you already put money down for the movie, maybe you could just watch it somewhere since it leaked? If you enjoy it make sure you buy it of course. Otherwise stay off the Internet if you don’t want to be spoiled.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So I just wasted money!?
    If you enjoy it, great. I hope you do But for fans like myself who would've been upset they'd spent money on something that disappoints them, then it's good they now know they can save their money for something else.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It won't.

Need proof?

How many jokes have been done to Aquaman for the last 40 years?

Yet he still got a billion dollar movie.
    There is also only one Aquaman, and Arthur doesn't have any peers that can easily be put in his place. Whereas Hal has several, which they've shown a willingness to use in his place. So call me cynical.

But I will respectfully leave it at that, as I really shouldn't be bitching about this in a John appreciation thread.

It’s mostly Hal fans who are going to be pissed. That’s all I can say without spoiling. Not that I condone pirating as per the rules of the site but since you already put money down for the movie, maybe you could just watch it somewhere since it leaked? If you enjoy it make sure you buy it of course. Otherwise stay off the Internet if you don’t want to be spoiled.
    Ah so that's where the issue lies. Yeah I'm going to watch it early since it's leaked, because I don't want to go somewhere and get spoiled by accident while on the internet. I most likely won't cancel the pre-order even if I won't like the movie, since I'm a big John Stewart fan and this is his first animated solo movie.

If you enjoy it, great. I hope you do But for fans like myself who would've been upset they'd spent money on something that disappoints them, then it's good they now know they can save their money for something else.
    Fair enough

I thought it was a great watch. But yeesh, I just know the “my lantern vs your lantern” wars are gonna reignite after this. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I thought it was a great watch. But yeesh, I just know the “my lantern vs your lantern” wars are gonna reignite after this. Lol.
    And the worst part is it wasn't even necessary. Although I guess there are probably some who do feel it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah I think it actually is a pretty good movie. Really warming up to the style, it makes the cosmic stuff feel like Mass Effect. Does leave the franchise in a weird place MAJOR SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    Sinestro and Hal are both dead, the GLC & Guardians are all dead too. I guess the GLC will be rebuilt but the only stories they could really tell would be original ones. GL in the Tomorrowverse isn’t really left in a place where they could adapt anything, there’s no stories I know of that would work with where this leaves off. Heh unless they take stories from Kyle which is a possibility. And there’s that tease with Shayera at the end. I did think that the Rann/Thanagar War ends very awkwardly, I guess we’re meant to take them returning home as they were able to convince the two sides to stope fighting by showing everyone Hal and Sinestro’s bodies?
    end of spoilers

Yeah I think it actually is a pretty good movie. Really warming up to the style, it makes the cosmic stuff feel like Mass Effect. Does leave the franchise in a weird place MAJOR SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    Sinestro and Hal are both dead, the GLC & Guardians are all dead too. I guess the GLC will be rebuilt but the only stories they could really tell would be original ones. GL in the Tomorrowverse isn’t really left in a place where they could adapt anything, there’s no stories I know of that would work with where this leaves off. Heh unless they take stories from Kyle which is a possibility. And there’s that tease with Shayera at the end. I did think that the Rann/Thanagar War ends very awkwardly, I guess we’re meant to take them returning home as they were able to convince the two sides to stope fighting by showing everyone Hal and Sinestro’s bodies?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Why they keep thinking they need to blow up the entire GLC I'll never know. Less competition? I dunno.

Makes me feel like they probably don't intend to do much more than feature John in Justice League stories now.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Why they keep thinking they need to blow up the entire GLC I'll never know. Less competition? I dunno.

Makes me feel like they probably don't intend to do much more than feature John in Justice League stories now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They give Kyle’s role to John at the end too, and John is the one who restores the Corps so Kyle wouldn’t get to have any of his stories. Guy never shows up in these movies and that’s unlikely to change. If any of the other Lanterns appear I think it will be Jess but even that’s a stretch, I too think it will just be John. While I liked the movie overall some of the creative choices I’m not a fan of. Don’t like what they did with Hal and I think them destroying the Corps is pointless. Either it’s going to result in a very different new GLC being formed or somehow the Guardians will return and it will be like nothing happened which just begs the question of why destroy them all? But hey I would be interested in seeing a follow up to this, probably would be a John/Shayera action-romance.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    They give Kyle’s role to John at the end too, and John is the one who restores the Corps so Kyle wouldn’t get to have any of his stories. Guy never shows up in these movies and that’s unlikely to change. If any of the other Lanterns appear I think it will be Jess but even that’s a stretch, I too think it will just be John. While I liked the movie overall some of the creative choices I’m not a fan of. Don’t like what they did with Hal and I think them destroying the Corps is pointless. Either it’s going to result in a very different new GLC being formed or somehow the Guardians will return and it will be like nothing happened which just begs the question of why destroy them all? But hey I would be interested in seeing a follow up to this, probably would be a John/Shayera action-romance.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Did they explicitly kill off Kilowog?

I see they reward the hardcore JohnxShayera shippers then (can't say I'm surprised) .
    end of spoilers