Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So there's a 60th anniversary Spider-Man souvenir magazine available now in the UK, found it today in WH Smith.

Pretty extensive, covers everything from the 60s through to "Sinister War", it does promote Wells and Romita Jr's run by using the first issue's cover but mentions little else of it.

There's also a small feature on the 60th in the pages of this month's SFX magazine. I bought it for the first time in years...boy has that mag seen better days. You should see the 'length' of their letters pages.
    WH Smith still exists?!

Nah seriously that sounds good, I'll probably go buy it, thanks for the heads up!
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

spdierman showed up in axe issue 5 and he die
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    According to the checklist ASM 10 would have happened by the time this issue came out

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    According to the checklist ASM 10 would have happened by the time this issue came out
    yeah delays strike again

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

yeah delays strike again
    SO lets do a count: thumbs up vs thumbs down vote for if Peter passes or fails judgment next issue

thumbs down

thumbs down
    Yeah, probably thumbs down. It seems (to me) like many of the characters are judging themselves in some manner. Peter's own self doubt and regrets will probably be his downfall. (He is still not worthy to weird mjolnir, right? Even though as a reader we know he is a very heroic, noble and self-sacrificing character.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, probably thumbs down. It seems (to me) like many of the characters are judging themselves in some manner. Peter's own self doubt and regrets will probably be his downfall. (He is still not worthy to weird mjolnir, right? Even though as a reader we know he is a very heroic, noble and self-sacrificing character.)
    He is yes, but another main factor is this the partial point of a hammer

Spider-Man just doesn’t have that strong determination that superheroes like Thor, Captain America, or Captain Marvel – all of whom have lifted the hammer – have. They are, without a doubt, ready to kill if it would save the world; Spider-Man doesn’t have that in him and that is why the hammer hasn’t and probably won’t for some time consider him worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, probably thumbs down. It seems (to me) like many of the characters are judging themselves in some manner. Peter's own self doubt and regrets will probably be his downfall.
    I don't think someone's own self doubts really counts for this, from what I could gather, the way someone gets judged is what they do with their life, and how they go about it, and how much they're doing.

As far as I've seen, being a hypocrite is a huge bad point for that Celestial, since he called out Destiny on her hypocrisies, and in the same issue (Immortal X-Men#5), Shawn also got a thumbs down despite not really being a hypocrite, but a bad person, and in AXE the Celestial showed up a bunch of times to do test of characters to see who'd try to do the right thing in the end.

The Celestial also mentioned in annoyance in AXE#4 how the human species never tries to be better now and will always try to do it "tomorrow", a tomorrow that never comes, so there's that too.

So yeah, it seems to be both a test of character, and how much the person's own objectives are being made, and how they're going about it.

By these standards, Wells' Spidey definitely shouldn't pass.

(He is still not worthy to weird mjolnir, right? Even though as a reader we know he is a very heroic, noble and self-sacrificing character.)
    Mjolnir's standards to be lifted are odd, considering that in JLA/Avengers, Superman of all people isn't worthy to lift it, so just being a noble person isn't the only requirement.

I've seen it being discussed that a willingness to kill has to be included, and back in Beta Ray Bill's introduction, he was worthy of it despite being uh, not nice.

It's possible that a warrior-like mentality has to be included too, and maybe that includes a willingness to kill, in which case Spidey isn't worthy.

Not sure if that matters anymore though, does Mjolnir even have the enchantment still?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't think someone's own self doubts really counts for this, from what I could gather, the way someone gets judged is what they do with their life, and how they go about it, and how much they're doing.

As far as I've seen, being a hypocrite is a huge bad point for that Celestial, since he called out Destiny on her hypocrisies, and in the same issue (Immortal X-Men#5), Shawn also got a thumbs down despite not really being a hypocrite, but a bad person, and in AXE the Celestial showed up a bunch of times to do test of characters to see who'd try to do the right thing in the end.

The Celestial also mentioned in annoyance in AXE#4 how the human species never tries to be better now and will always try to do it "tomorrow", a tomorrow that never comes, so there's that too.

So yeah, it seems to be both a test of character, and how much the person's own objectives are being made, and how they're going about it.

By these standards, Wells' Spidey definitely shouldn't pass.

Mjolnir's standards to be lifted are odd, considering that in JLA/Avengers, Superman of all people isn't worthy to lift it, so just being a noble person isn't the only requirement.

I've seen it being discussed that a willingness to kill has to be included, and back in Beta Ray Bill's introduction, he was worthy of it despite being uh, not nice.

It's possible that a warrior-like mentality has to be included too, and maybe that includes a willingness to kill, in which case Spidey isn't worthy.

Not sure if that matters anymore though, does Mjolnir even have the enchantment still?
    Technically, in Superman's case, Odin temporarily lifted the enchantment for him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, in Superman's case, Odin temporarily lifted the enchantment for him.
    Yeah, and then once the danger was gone, he couldn't lift it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, and then once the danger was gone, he couldn't lift it anymore.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

BANNED

The Marvel Universe hates Spider-Man and the staff, this is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    He is yes, but another main factor is this the partial point of a hammer

Spider-Man just doesn’t have that strong determination that superheroes like Thor, Captain America, or Captain Marvel – all of whom have lifted the hammer – have. They are, without a doubt, ready to kill if it would save the world; Spider-Man doesn’t have that in him and that is why the hammer hasn’t and probably won’t for some time consider him worthy.
    Thats obviously bullshit, well until Civil War event. Then your probably right.

I'm surprised how much mileage Marvel Adventures Spider-Man was able to get out of only being able to Aunt May, Jonah, Liz, and Flash as supporting characters.