Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    nice cameo by the F4. now off you go Spider man got to give Goblin a good beating
    Indeed, that was very nice of them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Surprised they brought back Robbie Daymond for this:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He's not the only one who died there, that was just "a bunch of characters die to pretend the event has stakes".
    Still unnessary and contrived. Just like how Marvel usually treats Spider-Man. They will let a hero who sticks himself out for everyone but himself die because its edgy and believe Peter is a loser in the process.

I mean, he mentioned that they're willing to kill if they have to, Spidey is a lil' bitch who hates killing to the point he tries to save a complete monster like Carnage, and Maximum Carnage is far from being an isolated case, and if a requirement to use Mjolnir is a willingness to kill, then Spidey generally isn't worthy.
    Well he did try to Murder Norman in the past before Carnage, I dont see how that adds up to recent events other than inconsistant writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised they brought back Robbie Daymond for this:

What is even the point of making a Spidey with Strange's powers? The only thing that wouldn't be redundant or useless with Strange's ridiculously flexible powers is Spider-Sense, and if that video is any hint, he sucks with it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Still unnessary and contrived. Just like how Marvel usually treats Spider-Man. They will let a hero who sticks himself out for everyone but himself die because its edgy and believe Peter is a loser in the process.
    None of that happened, he's just someone who died and his death doesn't even have any focus, unlike say, Thor's, at worst he just looks like a C-lister, but almost everyone who died there does since they're not relevant to the story.

I can understand not liking it, but I don't think it's another example of Marvel really treating him that badly when he his death has no real focus, he's getting as disrespected as everyone else.

Well he did try to Murder Norman in the past before Carnage, I dont see how that adds up to recent events other than inconsistant writing.
    He also decided to not murder Norman lol.

Even then a case like this is him getting angry enough to kill, which is not the same thing as "You have to kill to save the world", Spidey is just not someone who's willing to do that, he may try to kill if he's hurt, but if he's thinking rationally he tries to prevent it from happening (Which ironically can make him look rather irrational to work so hard to prevent psychopaths from being killed), which means he doesn't really have a willingness to kill, and if that's a requirement to use Mjolnir, yeah, he fails at it.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-28-2022 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Someone posted this on 4chan:

"Dark Web as written by the actual readers"

Ha, good one. Very good one. I get the last ASM's rationalization, that Peter owes it to everyone Osborn killed and hurt to keep Osborn from reverting to being that man again, but it is still a very hard pill to swallow.

doesnt omd remove most of this
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, good one. Very good one. I get the last ASM's rationalization, that Peter owes it to everyone Osborn killed and hurt to keep Osborn from reverting to being that man again, but it is still a very hard pill to swallow.
    Honestly, I already find it iffy for Spidey to be friends with characters like Deadpool and Wolverine lol.

Deadpool at least tries to be good, Wolverine once in a while is not okay with killing, so at least I can kinda see where it's coming from.

But Norman? **** no, he can try to be good all he wants, he hurt Spidey more than anyone, he should not forgive Norman even with the sins being out of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    doesnt omd remove most of this
    No.

At most it removes MJ's pregnancy, but that depends on Marvel's mood, since it's either "everything is the same" or "everything is the same except the pregnancy".
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-08-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Meanwhile Spidey continues to look dumb in that costume.

Honestly, I already find it iffy for Spidey to be friends with characters like Deadpool and Wolverine lol.

Deadpool at least tries to be good, Wolverine once in a while is not okay with killing, so at least I can kinda see where it's coming from.

But Norman? **** no, he can try to be good all he wants, he hurt Spidey more than anyone, he should not forgive Norman even with the sins being out of his body.

No.

At most it removes MJ's pregnancy, but that depends on Marvel's mood, since it's either "everything is the same" or "everything is the same except the pregnancy".
    Uh-huh, though I would say while Wolverine will kill if or when he has to, he doesn't necessarily default to it like he used to do.

Meanwhile Spidey continues to look dumb in that costume.
    Which Spidey?

Astonishing Member

Okay, but if Peter is watching over Norman to make sure he doesn't do bad things:

Why did Peter recruit Norman to help him do what we've been told was "a bad thing" involving stealing from the FF and was so heinous, no other hero would help him?!

Nice way to ensure Norman stays "good," Peter LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Okay, but if Peter is watching over Norman to make sure he doesn't do bad things:

Why did Peter recruit Norman to help him do what we've been told was "a bad thing" involving stealing from the FF and was so heinous, no other hero would help him?!

Nice way to ensure Norman stays "good," Peter LOL
    True enough.

Which Spidey?
    Ben in this context isn't supposed to be Spidey.

Ben in this context isn't supposed to be Spidey.
    Fair, though the Chasm suit is just literally his Spider-Man Beyond suit after being doused in "quantum-shifting psycho-reactive polymer" goo . . .

So epic and so true, thanks for sharing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."