Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Since the first three of my commissioned comics have been uploaded, might as well reveal the cover

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A potential means of reviving a loved one (don't kill me)

https://www.deviantart.com/zaredit/a...ered-915191316
    I've seen suggestions for Gwen to be resurrected by revealing she was a mutant and the resurrection protocols can bring her back after the changes Wanda made, uncle Ben could have shit like that too.

Not that it should, but keep the possibility in mind because Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I've seen suggestions for Gwen to be resurrected by revealing she was a mutant and the resurrection protocols can bring her back after the changes Wanda made, uncle Ben could have shit like that too
    Wanda bringing Gwen over from House of M was considered at one point wasn't it?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I've seen suggestions for Gwen to be resurrected by revealing she was a mutant and the resurrection protocols can bring her back after the changes Wanda made, uncle Ben could have shit like that too.

This is also a no because Marvel already has Spider-Gwen\Ghost-Spider which has replaced the OG as she now fills that roll but also not tied to being a character that would be with Peter and doesn't look to be in any kind of relationship

Wanda bringing Gwen over from House of M was considered at one point wasn't it?
    Not as far as I'm aware, there are two what ifs where she's randomly brought into the "main" reality though, both with different levels of stupid, one has reality falling apart just because of her presence and in some battle with Norman's Dark Avengers, Spidey manages to save her and reality is wiped, the other one lacks reality breaking, but Spidey having two wifes mindfucks him enough that he becomes Green Goblin for some reason. Yeah.

Either way, as far as I know, only thing considered to resurrect Gwen was OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    This is also a no because Marvel already has Spider-Gwen\Ghost-Spider which has replaced the OG as she now fills that roll but also not tied to being a character that would be with Peter and doesn't look to be in any kind of relationship
    I'm not overtrusting Marvel, whenever I think they wouldn't be stupid enough to do something they prove me wrong, I had enough of that, so I'll consider every stupid possibility now lol.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Not as far as I'm aware, there are two what ifs where she's randomly brought into the "main" reality though, both with different levels of stupid, one has reality falling apart just because of her presence and in some battle with Norman's Dark Avengers, Spidey manages to save her and reality is wiped, the other one lacks reality breaking, but Spidey having two wifes mindfucks him enough that he becomes Green Goblin for some reason. Yeah.

Either way, as far as I know, only thing considered to resurrect Gwen was OMD.

I'm not overtrusting Marvel, whenever I think they wouldn't be stupid enough to do something they prove me wrong, I had enough of that, so I'll consider every stupid possibility now lol.
    You have a higher chance of uncle Ben coming back then Gwen

BANNED

My big issue with the resurrection protocols is that I don't see how they're not clones. It's an entirely new body and a copy of their mind from earlier, but that computerized version of them existed at the same time as the version that died....so, if the version of them that is put in the new body existed separately from and simultaneously as the original, they aren't the same person. They aren't the same anymore than Ben, Peter and Kaine are the same person or Vision and Wonder Man are the same person.

When the original X-Men died, they experienced death and their lights went out. Somebody new wakes up thinking they're that person, but the original went dark or went to mutant Heaven or whatever.

So I would rather they keep the Resurrection Protocols far away from the Spider-Man cast. It sucks enough that I can't really accept the X-Men as the originals anymore.

BANNED

RIP George Perez

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    My big issue with the resurrection protocols is that I don't see how they're not clones. It's an entirely new body and a copy of their mind from earlier, but that computerized version of them existed at the same time as the version that died....so, if the version of them that is put in the new body existed separately from and simultaneously as the original, they aren't the same person. They aren't the same anymore than Ben, Peter and Kaine are the same person or Vision and Wonder Man are the same person.

When the original X-Men died, they experienced death and their lights went out. Somebody new wakes up thinking they're that person, but the original went dark or went to mutant Heaven or whatever.

So I would rather they keep the Resurrection Protocols far away from the Spider-Man cast. It sucks enough that I can't really accept the X-Men as the originals anymore.
    It's weird that initially, the "clones aren't the same as the originals" was the point Spidey made to convince Gwen in CC, but, in the same damn story he treats Ben like it's the same one, even though by that logic it couldn't be since it's a Ben with the memory of being killed 27 times lol.

It also doesn't help that Silk's tie-in outright confirms that the clones bring back the originals, by forcefully resurrecting her ghost boyfriend lol.

But yeah, logically speaking the clones from Krakoa aren't the originals, but in-universe they are, and for the sake of avoiding headaches in wiki articles, it's better say they are the originals lol.

And the resurrection protocols being used with Spidey would be kinda redundant unless they decide to resurrect Gwen and steal her away from Spidey, Jackal could always have made another clone of her or whatever lol.

It's weird that initially, the "clones aren't the same as the originals" was the point Spidey made to convince Gwen in CC, but, in the same damn story he treats Ben like it's the same one, even though by that logic it couldn't be since it's a Ben with the memory of being killed 27 times lol.
    The writing was all over the place in Clone Conspiracy tbh. Peter has that moment with Gwen's clone telling her she is a real human with a right to live, then he implies to Ben clones and humans are different things. Not only is it completely unsympathetic, it also sets Ben off and kickstarts the dumb Carrion apocalypse plan.
    Last edited by Webhead; 05-08-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Clones, Clones...it always comes back to clones .

BANNED

It also doesn't help that Silk's tie-in outright confirms that the clones bring back the originals, by forcefully resurrecting her ghost boyfriend lol.

But yeah, logically speaking the clones from Krakoa aren't the originals, but in-universe they are, and for the sake of avoiding headaches in wiki articles, it's better say they are the originals lol.

And the resurrection protocols being used with Spidey would be kinda redundant unless they decide to resurrect Gwen and steal her away from Spidey, Jackal could always have made another clone of her or whatever lol.
    I can buy the Clone Conspiracy version, though, because they were using their actual physical and (more importantly) psychic remains to restore them. It wasn't a copy of their memories in this case. It was their actual memories and psychic energy put in a body rebuilt from their dead one, so it's more of a re-animation than an clone. It also helps that Peter David and Nick Spencer revisited the idea with Dr. Strange and Death herself saying that the souls returned to the reanimated body. Ben's soul bring yanked back and forth so much that it suffered damage was a big plot point in the Scarlet Spider series. It might be a bit convoluted, but they are canonically the same person in mind and soul.

With the X-Men, it's an entirely new body and a computerized copy of their mind from an earlier time. If the version of them in cerebro existed at the same time as the original person, then it's a separate consciousness. The original X-Men died. Their consciousness terminated or went to the afterlife. A new person that thought they were them woke up in a pod, thinking they were the same, but it's a copy. The original is in the afterlife or ceased to exist or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    The writing was all over the place in Clone Conspiracy tbh. Peter has that moment with Gwen's clone telling her she is a real human with a right to live, then he implies to Ben clones and humans are different things. Not only is it completely unsympathetic, it also sets Ben off and kickstarts the dumb Carrion apocalypse plan.
    I don't remember Spidey implying clones are different things, in CC#4, he found it wrong to go around resurrecting people and using clones for the emotional blackmail, and then he was just pointing out that they could save both humans and clones from Carrion, which Ben's reply to that was basically "Fuck you.".

So Spidey was the one trying to reach out and do the right thing and Ben decided to go full villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clones, Clones...it always comes back to clones .
    It's surprising Marvel keeps coming back to them despite how much Clone Saga is mocked for existing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I can buy the Clone Conspiracy version, though, because they were using their actual physical and (more importantly) psychic remains to restore them. It wasn't a copy of their memories in this case. It was their actual memories and psychic energy put in a body rebuilt from their dead one, so it's more of a re-animation than an clone. It also helps that Peter David and Nick Spencer revisited the idea with Dr. Strange and Death herself saying that the souls returned to the reanimated body. Ben's soul bring yanked back and forth so much that it suffered damage was a big plot point in the Scarlet Spider series. It might be a bit convoluted, but they are canonically the same person in mind and soul.
    Thinking of it, it's kinda funny that Otto has a backup of his memories that he put in a cloned body, and he did that before Krakoa lol.

With the X-Men, it's an entirely new body and a computerized copy of their mind from an earlier time. If the version of them in cerebro existed at the same time as the original person, then it's a separate consciousness. The original X-Men died. Their consciousness terminated or went to the afterlife. A new person that thought they were them woke up in a pod, thinking they were the same, but it's a copy. The original is in the afterlife or ceased to exist or whatever.
    Yeah I see what you mean, and again, logically speaking they're just clones with backed up memories, but y'know, for convenience sake it's better to say they are the same, like, imagine if wiki had to make an article for evey time Kenny Omega got cloned, last time I was told he has like, 17 confirmed deaths? Lol.

I don't remember Spidey implying clones are different things, in CC#4, he found it wrong to go around resurrecting people and using clones for the emotional blackmail, and then he was just pointing out that they could save both humans and clones from Carrion, which Ben's reply to that was basically "Fuck you.".

So Spidey was the one trying to reach out and do the right thing and Ben decided to go full villain.
    That's just it, though -the implication that clones aren't human is grossly offensive, more so for Peter after all the experience with both his clones.

Then Ben going genocidal was completely OOC too.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

RIP George Perez

Hey Matt, love that Perez Spidey pic, haven't seen it before.

Poor George, we knew it was coming, but even so...RIP...what a great artist he was.