Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't remember Spidey implying clones are different things, in CC#4, he found it wrong to go around resurrecting people and using clones for the emotional blackmail, and then he was just pointing out that they could save both humans and clones from Carrion, which Ben's reply to that was basically "**** you.".

So Spidey was the one trying to reach out and do the right thing and Ben decided to go full villain.

It's surprising Marvel keeps coming back to them despite how much Clone Saga is mocked for existing lol.

Thinking of it, it's kinda funny that Otto has a backup of his memories that he put in a cloned body, and he did that before Krakoa lol.

Yeah I see what you mean, and again, logically speaking they're just clones with backed up memories, but y'know, for convenience sake it's better to say they are the same, like, imagine if wiki had to make an article for evey time Kenny Omega got cloned, last time I was told he has like, 17 confirmed deaths? Lol.
    Yeah, I honestly don't buy the current version of Otto as the original, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    That's just it, though -the implication that clones aren't human is grossly offensive, more so for Peter after all the experience with both his clones.
    That's not the implication, he's just pointing out that clones by default already have a Carrion virus that is being supressed by those pills, but now Carrion is killing the clones and now humans are also getting infected by it.

I mean ****, it's at worst poor wording on his part but the intention is clearly not "clones aren't humans", he's just pointing out that now everyone is gonna die from Carrion.

Then Ben going genocidal was completely OOC too.
    That's Ben in general in CC, he later admits he was planning to kill and replace Spidey with himself, and the AUs we've seen where Peter is working together with Jackal are likely Ben instead after killing and replacing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't buy the current version of Otto as the original, either.
    He's not exactly it considering he lacks the memories from his last issues as Superior Spider-Man, but for the sake of convenience he's treated as the original, wiki also stopped separating him and the post Superior Otto too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's not the implication, he's just pointing out that clones by default already have a Carrion virus that is being supressed by those pills, but now Carrion is killing the clones and now humans are also getting infected by it.

I mean ****, it's at worst poor wording on his part but the intention is clearly not "clones aren't humans", he's just pointing out that now everyone is gonna die from Carrion.

That's Ben in general in CC, he later admits he was planning to kill and replace Spidey with himself, and the AUs we've seen where Peter is working together with Jackal are likely Ben instead after killing and replacing him.
    Point taken. It's just the way he phrases it sounds awful, and considering Reilly was already unhinged, it played out like Peter being tactless just to get him to completely go off the rails. A very Slott-esque, "character does thing A just to get to thing B", development.

BANNED

Commissioned this yesterday as part of a promotional campaign for a fan project

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

He looks determined. Very good depiction of Peter Parker.

BANNED

Aw, thanks guys.

He's a great artist, I was the one who gave him the photos of the backdrop to reference for the piece.

It's one of five promotional posters, the others are all different characters, they'll be more in the coming months that I'll be posting in their respective threads

For example

1. Spider-Man
    2. Black Cat
    3. The Vulture
    4. Mary Jane
    5. REDACTED (don't want to spoil a big twist in the story. this one will go live probably when we reach the twist)

Spectacular Member

Aw, thanks guys.

He's a great artist, I was the one who gave him the photos of the backdrop to reference for the piece.

It's one of five promotional posters, the others are all different characters, they'll be more in the coming months that I'll be posting in their respective threads

For example

1. Spider-Man
    2. Black Cat
    3. The Vulture
    4. Mary Jane
    5. REDACTED (don't want to spoil a big twist in the story. this one will go live probably when we reach the twist)
    Sounds like a fun plan. I'm liking the look of your list so far. I will look forward to possibly seeing where you all go with your project.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Aw, thanks guys.

For example

1. Spider-Man
    2. Black Cat
    3. The Vulture
    4. Mary Jane
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Sounds like a fun plan. I'm liking the look of your list so far. I will look forward to possibly seeing where you all go with your project.
    You're very welcome, and indeed, sounds very fun.

Also . . . an interesting take here on why Spider-Man's popularity as a concept, character, and mythos has endured for so long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Marvel Infinite Spider-Man comic on Marvel Unlimited with Miles as the lead character finally finished and it was a pretty fun Miles/Beetle story, although it really just makes it stand out all the more how weird it feels when Peter is involved in Miles stuff and they have the same codename.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel Infinite Spider-Man comic on Marvel Unlimited with Miles as the lead character finally finished and it was a pretty fun Miles/Beetle story, although it really just makes it stand out all the more how weird it feels when Peter is involved in Miles stuff and they have the same codename.
    Could you give spoilers

2nd issues were mediocre imo, 1st was a general backup story-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you give spoilers

2nd issues were mediocre imo, 1st was a general backup story-esque
    Basically Miles interrupting a robbery by Beetle who is trying to go solo and then Peter, Gwen, and the Snydicate show up for a brawl.

Lots of "Great job, Spider-Man!" or "I hate you, Spider-Man directed at Miles even though Peter is also, like, right there .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically Miles interrupting a robbery by Beetle who is trying to go solo and then Peter, Gwen, and the Snydicate show up for a brawl.

Lots of "Great job, Spider-Man!" or "I hate you, Spider-Man directed at Miles even though Peter is also, like, right there .
    Thanks a lot!

Weird since the syndicate kinda teamed up w/ Peter at the end of Beyond IIRC, even if it wasn't really friendly

And both Rabbit and Bettle are part of the new ASM run

BANNED

What's going down, down under?

BANNED

Today, we go live with the first entry in our unofficial continuation of the ASM Newspaper strip.

The Parkers are in Australia, but old flames and foes have followed them down under!

We at the team are ever so proud to present this to you. It is been a dream of ours to plot out a Spider-Man comic on a scale such as this, and to find and work with a skilled, easily adaptable, and classically styled artist like our artist Xavier on the strip at incredible rates has been a blessing.

The second strip is currently in pre-production, and we hope to have it out real soon.

There’s plenty of action, plenty of heart, and plenty to come. Stay tuned for more in the future!

Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-02-2022 at 06:48 AM.