Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's cool. For someone who's as important to Mary Jane as Aunt May is to Peter, on top of her and May being best friends, she doesn't appear nearly as much as she should in the comics.
    I think I can count on one hand her amount of appearances in the last five years.

BANNED

Marvel VP Executive Editor Tom Brevoort and writer J.M. DeMatteis discuss how Spider-Man's introduction changed comics forever.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=178402960

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Trailer starts "he's beaten Spider-Man to within an inch of his life..", yeah, like Tombstone, and the U-Foes....

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Trailer starts "he's beaten Spider-Man to within an inch of his life..", yeah, like Tombstone, and the U-Foes....
    Pretty much par for the course.

That's cool. For someone who's as important to Mary Jane as Aunt May is to Peter, on top of her and May being best friends, she doesn't appear nearly as much as she should in the comics.
    Her problem is being made redundant by aunt May existing, it's only in ASM#259 that it's confirmed that MJ had a bad life (Though there were hints before), by that point aunt Anna's only role was "aunt May's friend and MJ's aunt", and even after MJ's tragic life was revealed, the writers didn't bother to develop her beyond that role, and that hurt her more 'cause, after the reveal something could be done, but it just wasn't.

It is telling that when she stopped being redundant, when aunt May was dead, that she actually started developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I can count on one hand her amount of appearances in the last five years.
    You "think"? You're not sure if you can count to one? .

Seriously, according to the wiki, her last appearance is Free Comic Book Day 2022: Avengers/X-Men, before that her last appearance was in Clone Conspiracy#1, and that was six years ago lol.

Pretty much par for the course.
    Spidey is basically J'onn in his own damn comic at times lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Anna's scrambling to call Peter just as he's enjoying his wife make waves down under!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Anna's scrambling to call Peter just as he's enjoying his wife make waves down under!

Peter looks like he has his 90's cartoon hair here.

BANNED

Peter looks like he has his 90's cartoon hair here.
    My back-up artist is a big time TAS fan

BANNED

And speaking of Spider-Man: TAS, time for page three of 'Domain of the Goblin'

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ah, beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

wait he punches
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wait he punches
    He's free of the absurd (and inconsistent, given what contemporary X-Men was allowed to get away with) standards and practices Fox Kids imposed on his show.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He's free of the absurd (and inconsistent, given what contemporary X-Men was allowed to get away with) standards and practices Fox Kids imposed on his show.
    TV tropes claims that the censorship never actually prevented punches:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...sternAnimation

"It's worth noting that there's a common misconception that Spider-Man wasn't allowed to punch anyone, as it would make the show too violent. This is very much not the case, as the showrunner, John Semper Jr., often reiterates online; the lack of punching was a deliberate creative decision to make the fights more creative, and visually interesting."

Dunno if that's legit though, specially considering how goofy the fights tend to look, repetitive too... Then again, the animation in the cartoon is so bad that it'd probably look bad too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Just a heads up, the black and white strip I posted is from a different storyline for the newspaper project, I tried to fit it into the second arc because my current artist is taking a break for a month to work on a bigger Spider-Man project and I wanted to keep the other project running for a bit longer using what's been done by my back-up artist, but after posting the strip I changed my mind and would like to save it for another story down the line. Consider it a sneak preview of that future arc rather than a part of our current one.

Just a heads up, the black and white strip I posted is from a different storyline for the newspaper project, I tried to fit it into the second arc because my current artist is taking a break for a month to work on a bigger Spider-Man project and I wanted to keep the other project running for a bit longer using what's been done by my back-up artist, but after posting the strip I changed my mind and would like to save it for another story down the line. Consider it a sneak preview of that future arc rather than a part of our current one.
    Thanks for the info .