Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    TV tropes claims that the censorship never actually prevented punches:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...sternAnimation

"It's worth noting that there's a common misconception that Spider-Man wasn't allowed to punch anyone, as it would make the show too violent. This is very much not the case, as the showrunner, John Semper Jr., often reiterates online; the lack of punching was a deliberate creative decision to make the fights more creative, and visually interesting."

Dunno if that's legit though, specially considering how goofy the fights tend to look, repetitive too... Then again, the animation in the cartoon is so bad that it'd probably look bad too lol.
    Yeah, thanks for the correction there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just a heads up, the black and white strip I posted is from a different storyline for the newspaper project, I tried to fit it into the second arc because my current artist is taking a break for a month to work on a bigger Spider-Man project and I wanted to keep the other project running for a bit longer using what's been done by my back-up artist, but after posting the strip I changed my mind and would like to save it for another story down the line. Consider it a sneak preview of that future arc rather than a part of our current one.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, thanks for the correction there.
    Like I said, it's just something TV tropes claims to be the case, and there's no links.

Spider-Man wiki has a claim that censorship wasn't as bad as people think (also with no links), but it doesn't specify how bad it wasn't.

The "Caution that when Spider-Man lands on a roof, he doesn't harm any pigeons" is true from what I hear however, and that one is just funny lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Here's the proper next page in our current arc

We're taking a bit of a break from this for the month of September, possibly also October though nothing's definite (My budget is starting to feel the strain of these commissions), but there will still be something coming in the next month, the start of a separate serial (one that'll be lettered), I think you'll really like it.

MJ in a bikini .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MJ in a bikini .
    They'll always be a bit of eye candy every arc

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "It's worth noting that there's a common misconception that Spider-Man wasn't allowed to punch anyone, as it would make the show too violent. This is very much not the case, as the showrunner, John Semper Jr., often reiterates online; the lack of punching was a deliberate creative decision to make the fights more creative, and visually interesting."

Dunno if that's legit though, specially considering how goofy the fights tend to look, repetitive too... Then again, the animation in the cartoon is so bad that it'd probably look bad too lol.
    Yeah I agree. It's possible "no punching" wasn't enforced since I recently re-watched it and I recall at least one episode where he punches someone (couldn't tell you which one). But a) it's still one instance in a multiple season show, and b) if it was an artistic choice, it sure wasn't a wise one, considering the quality and budget of the animation they were dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah I agree. It's possible "no punching" wasn't enforced since I recently re-watched it and I recall at least one episode where he punches someone (couldn't tell you which one). But a) it's still one instance in a multiple season show, and b) if it was an artistic choice, it sure wasn't a wise one, considering the quality and budget of the animation they were dealing with.
    He did punch the Spot through one of his own portals in the Spot's debut (and only) episode, and might have attempted to punch Venom in Venom's full debut episode. He did also tussle with Scorpion's mechanical tail in Scorpion's first episode, actually attempting to punch it out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    It would be even more questionable to have this artistic choice that they keep for five seasons, but then again people can be stubborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Coming next spring:

Coming next spring:

You had me at Mike Maihack .

BANNED

So there's a 60th anniversary Spider-Man souvenir magazine available now in the UK, found it today in WH Smith.

Pretty extensive, covers everything from the 60s through to "Sinister War", it does promote Wells and Romita Jr's run by using the first issue's cover but mentions little else of it.

There's also a small feature on the 60th in the pages of this month's SFX magazine. I bought it for the first time in years...boy has that mag seen better days. You should see the 'length' of their letters pages.

BANNED

Concluding the first episode of Spider-Man '98

Astonishing Member

Well, that's pretty great

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Well, that's pretty great
    Thanks, though the artist kind of fudged up by having Madame Web standing, rofl. Whoops (wasn't in my script either)

Rob Leifeld put this together for October

And what a conclusion it was!

Thanks, though the artist kind of fudged up by having Madame Web standing, rofl. Whoops (wasn't in my script either)

Rob Leifeld put this together for October

Hmm, not bad. Not bad.