Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Most of those, I'd be cool with seeing. Make a New Warriors adaptation out of it down the line, since the New Warriors were tied to Spider-Man for a good portion of the 90s, especially with Ben Reilly joining them when he was still the Scarlet Spider.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Vance Astrovik called himself Marvel Boy once upon a time. I was referring to the Robert Grayson Marvel Boy and Namorita's mom Namora, neither of whom have any real connection to Spider-Man...I don't think they have even met in-continuity. But...New Warriors would be cool, I love the New Warriors, especially when they brought back Super-Nova (Garthan Saal, who was in the GotG movies) as the villain for a three-part story which saw Richard Rider stripped of his powers.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-20-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot Vance Astrovik called himself Marvel Boy once upon a time. I was referring to the Robert Grayson Marvel Boy and Namorita's mom Namora, neither of whom have any real connection to Spider-Man...I don't think they have even met in-continuity. But...New Warriors would be cool, I love the New Warriors, especially when they brought back Super-Nova (Garthan Saal, who was in the GotG movies) as the villain for a three-part story which saw Richard Rider stripped of his powers.
    Ah, cool. And speaking of Marvel Boys, there's Noh-Varr, who was a Grant Morrison creation and later became the Dark Avengers' Captain Marvel during Dark Reign --- before bowing out when he realized they were all supervillains running a con on the public.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ah, cool. And speaking of Marvel Boys, there's Noh-Varr, who was a Grant Morrison creation and later became the Dark Avengers' Captain Marvel during Dark Reign --- before bowing out when he realized they were all supervillains running a con on the public.
    I love Noh-Varr, I don't think he's met Spider-Man yet, has he? It would be interesting to have them team-up seeing as one is a Human Spider and the other is a Kree Cockroach. Or would that make them fight each other?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-20-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

I love Noh-Varr, I don't think he's met Spider-Man yet, has he? It would be interesting to have them team-up seeing as one is a Human Spider and the other is a Kree Cockroach. Or would that make them fight each other?
    Maybe. Maybe not, though I think Noh-Varr did meet Spider-Man later when Spider-Man was still with the New Avengers during the post-Dark Reign stretch of Brian Bendis's run.

Maybe. Maybe not, though I think Noh-Varr did meet Spider-Man later when Spider-Man was still with the New Avengers during the post-Dark Reign stretch of Brian Bendis's run.
    Oh, yeah...you're right. Looking back I think they were even on the same team but had little to no interaction whatsoever, which is weird.

I'm tired of Spider-Man and teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm tired of Spider-Man and teams.
    He hasn't been truly solo since the days before he became an active part of the New Avengers, right?

He hasn't been truly solo since the days before he became an active part of the New Avengers, right?
    Well, he was on Avengers teams for a while (and didn't get to do much) although he was generally solo in his solo book until they started trying to make a "Spider-Family" happen.

Not that they appear that much but we get stuff like Spider-Verse or every recent Spider-Man cartoon needing a bunch of Superheroes or a team gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he was on Avengers teams for a while (and didn't get to do much) although he was generally solo in his solo book until they started trying to make a "Spider-Family" happen.

Not that they appear that much but we get stuff like Spider-Verse or every recent Spider-Man cartoon needing a bunch of Superheroes or a team gimmick.
    Yeah, I was watching some episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man because I wanted to see Mary Jane as Carnage/Ultimate Spider-Woman (sounds like a fun concept) but when they actually panned out to show just how many characters had all become either spider-heroes or symbiote warriors I thought it was a little ridiculous. Now, admittedly, I liked the big comic crossovers because it was the literally the only thing feeding both my Mayday and Captain Universe (there's two characters I never thought I'd see in the same book in a million years, that's for sure) fixes for quite some time but I can see where it can start to wear on someone else as time goes by.

There comes a point where an image like this doesn't evoke the same kind of awe it normally would otherwise, especially not after the first time. So, I see where you are coming from, I just think that now that it's happened, it's one of those genies you can't really put back in the bottle and obviously the driving force behind it is marketing. You have all of these characters that need to be pushed for whatever reason so...throw them in a Spider-Man cartoon and away we go. Oh, it only lasted three seasons? Well, just make another one. It'll be fine. And I think that is where we are kind of at with the Spider-Man franchise, its growing bigger and the push for a tighter-knit shared universe is growing larger and larger. That's why we have retcons like Captain Universe being a type of symbiote and Peter's whole Chosen One thing going on in the comics.

Spider-Verse.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-20-2022 at 11:42 PM.

peter got a mention in todays issue of x-men annual twice. he is more annoying than miles
    Last edited by Jman27; 12-21-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter got a mention in todays issue of x-men annual twice. he is more annoying than miles
    Miles always gets treated as the "cool" Spider-Man .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    LOL! That he is, that he is...

Also, here's an interesting version of Spider-Man from Fantastic Four Annual 1998. Apparently certain heroes don't age anymore in this timeline and it has to do with the deaths of their loved ones and foes. Weird.

Eternally Young Spider-Man.jpg

Solicitations for March 2023 just dropped:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21
    ZEB WELLS (W) • JOHN ROMITA JR. (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA
    DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER BY VITALE MANGIATORDI
    DISNEY100 BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT COVER BY VITALE MANGIATORDI
    WHAT HAPPENED TO PETER AND MARY JANE?!
    • It's time. This arc will answer your questions including…WHAT DID PETER DO?!
    • Who caused all of this?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22
    MARVEL ICON VARIANT COVER BY STEFANO CASELLI
    • Who is this mysterious figure and what do they have to do with Peter's and Mary Jane's disappearances?!
    32 PGS./Rated T…$3.99

I actually like these covers from JRJR. Apparently the character from issue 22, whose name is Wayeb', already appeared in ASM #556 and written by Zeb Wells. From the description it looks like both Peter an MJ were kidnapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Solicitations for March 2023 just dropped:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA
    DISNEY100 VARIANT COVER BY VITALE MANGIATORDI
    DISNEY100 BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT COVER BY VITALE MANGIATORDI
    WHAT HAPPENED TO PETER AND MARY JANE?!
    • It's time. This arc will answer your questions including…WHAT DID PETER DO?!
    • Who caused all of this?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22
    MARVEL ICON VARIANT COVER BY STEFANO CASELLI
    • Who is this mysterious figure and what do they have to do with Peter's and Mary Jane's disappearances?!
    32 PGS./Rated T…$3.99

I actually like these covers from JRJR. Apparently the character from issue 22, whose name is Wayeb', already appeared in ASM #556 and written by Zeb Wells. From the description it looks like both Peter an MJ were kidnapped.
    Well, we finally get some answers . . . Took long enough.

Fantastic Member

This whole run, all this garbage, was leading up to this freaking loser as the reveal? So asinine