Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Astonishing Member

I spoke to Revolutionary Jack on Twitter, and he brought up a good point: It makes sense (to an extent) to use a villain like this because it will make the split-up more foegettable and easier for a new writer to start his run without baggage. Like how MJ's kidnapper in the Mackie era was a nobody and JMS was able to ignore him, while OMD is harder to ignore because Mephisto is a known Marvel villain.

I mean, that's at least one upside to using a villain no one remembers or cares about to solve the mystery.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    He is a BND villain

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wayeb%27_(Earth-616)

a Zeb original
    He's a regular Snow Miser! (Sorry, but it being nearly Christmas and this guy showing up in the previews made me think of those old Rankin and Bass Christmas specials)

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-23-2022 at 08:43 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    No, he's a Mayan god that Zeb decided was fine to appropriate without paying attention to the actual Mayan religion and culture.
    Idk a yoruba, Bantu and preabrahamic gods team up with Thor against Godbutcher or a Satan as herald of galactus fighting Black phanter be fun to read
    At this point I only expect a comic to be fun and they can't even do that

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I spoke to Revolutionary Jack on Twitter, and he brought up a good point: It makes sense (to an extent) to use a villain like this because it will make the split-up more foegettable and easier for a new writer to start his run without baggage. Like how MJ's kidnapper in the Mackie era was a nobody and JMS was able to ignore him, while OMD is harder to ignore because Mephisto is a known Marvel villain.

I mean, that's at least one upside to using a villain no one remembers or cares about to solve the mystery.
    Or it's just Wells wanting to reuse one of his concepts from the BND era.

I'm sure somehow if he ever writes Lizard again it'll be Conners fusing back into a feral and out of control Lizard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm sure somehow if he ever writes Lizard again it'll be Conners fusing back into a feral and out of control Lizard.
    That too, but it makes sense on Lowe's part to allow it.

Incredible Member

Can’t help but think of the Dennis Nedry meme.

Marvel: Hey everybody it’s Wayeb he’s the reason.
    Nedry/Fans: look lapsed readers it’s Wayeb wayebs the reason.
    Nerdy/Fans: see nobody cares.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Can’t help but think of the Dennis Nedry meme.

Marvel: Hey everybody it’s Wayeb he’s the reason.
    Nedry/Fans: look lapsed readers it’s Wayeb wayebs the reason.
    Nerdy/Fans: see nobody cares.
    Wonder what we have in store this year in the timeless tease. Nothing from last year seemed to happen

BANNED

This wasn’t ready in time for Christmas Day, but it’s available now. This is my second and final Spider-Man ’98 comic, adapting elements of "The Gift" by JMD and borrowing a little from Dan Slott too, art by the brilliant Ebraga, hope you enjoy and have a brilliant Boxing Day

Kind of surreal to see 90's animated MJ in her underwear. And purple at that .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Kind of surreal to see 90's animated MJ in her underwear. And purple at that .
    Yeah...it is and so is The Beyonders nonchalance about popping into their room without any formal announcement like "I COME FROM BEYOND SO PUT YOUR PANTS ON!"
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Just a little favour I did for my artist, he's used to getting commissions for NSFW 90s cartoon art,.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This wasn’t ready in time for Christmas Day, but it’s available now. This is my second and final Spider-Man ’98 comic, adapting elements of "The Gift" by JMD and borrowing a little from Dan Slott too, art by the brilliant Ebraga, hope you enjoy and have a brilliant Boxing Day

This is beautiful and poignant. I'd have loved to see TAS wrap up like this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This is beautiful and poignant. I'd have loved to see TAS wrap up like this.
    Many thanks man, given JMD wrote a few episodes for TAS I'm surprised he didn't think about adapting KLH or The Gift for the show.

Here's our weekly Spider-Man strip, a little late because of the holidays, only two pages left until completion of this arc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Many thanks man, given JMD wrote a few episodes for TAS I'm surprised he didn't think about adapting KLH or The Gift for the show.

Here's our weekly Spider-Man strip, a little late because of the holidays, only two pages left until completion of this arc.

Turning the tables. Amazing. And yeah, would have been cool to see J.M. DeMatteis do more episodes of TAS, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.