Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    MJ and Peter won't be involved with each other by that point, so no.
    You don't know that. They could be

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I'm just saying that because Peter enemies should realize that spiderman spents too much time around MJ they should be smart enough to realize that they are the same or related
    Yeah, that's a good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Nice to see new John Byrne art for Spidey again in his latest issue of X-Men Elsewhen.

Extraordinary Member

In Iron-man/Cap 5 Cap makes a speech to newer heroes who failed and were found wanting about how he'd would have introduced them to Peter and then they'd understand about their power and resposnsibility!

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    In Iron-man/Cap 5 Cap makes a speech to newer heroes who failed and were found wanting about how he'd would have introduced them to Peter and then they'd understand about their power and resposnsibility!

Great stuff
    Awesome. I'm gonna have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Peter appears in Devil's Reign: X-men for a wholesome moment w/ Emma
    I find it hard to believe the same 80's Emma that kills ponies would care about Peter's memories and be admired by 'em lol.

Although it probably went away w/ OMD
    Probably, this happens before Venom was a thing since he's still using a back costume, though in theory a telepath could remember that kind of **** anyways, specially with the OMIT spell being weakened since Spider-Island.

Though I really doubt it'd be a good thing for someone like Emma to know his secret identity lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would be a shame, as that was a very wholesome moment, especially given Emma's usual character. Kind of reminds me of how the Marvel Adventures version of her fell in love with him.
    It's possibly a reference to MA given that both have Emma admiring Peter for being noble after looking into his mind, though luckily for Peter, Emma didn't get even a crush on him, which's good, MA Emma, who's a tame version of Emma, did **** like mind fucking Gwen and Chat to find a way to end up with Peter, 616 Emma taking an interest in Peter would be really bad since this is still in her villanous days.

Anyways, I caught up with ASM's Beyond ****, and it was a good idea I did so 'cause a lot of the issues published were boring... Any news/leaks about the upcoming run by Wells? Any confirmation that my theory that Lizard suddenly shows up and eats MJ being true? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I find it hard to believe the same 80's Emma that kills ponies would care about Peter's memories and be admired by 'em lol.

Probably, this happens before Venom was a thing since he's still using a back costume, though in theory a telepath could remember that kind of **** anyways, specially with the OMIT spell being weakened since Spider-Island.

Though I really doubt it'd be a good thing for someone like Emma to know his secret identity lol.

It's possibly a reference to MA given that both have Emma admiring Peter for being noble after looking into his mind, though luckily for Peter, Emma didn't get even a crush on him, which's good, MA Emma, who's a tame version of Emma, did **** like mind fucking Gwen and Chat to find a way to end up with Peter, 616 Emma taking an interest in Peter would be really bad since this is still in her villanous days.

Anyways, I caught up with ASM's Beyond ****, and it was a good idea I did so 'cause a lot of the issues published were boring... Any news/leaks about the upcoming run by Wells? Any confirmation that my theory that Lizard suddenly shows up and eats MJ being true? .
    No, I hope not. That said, yeah, it is a bit incongruous with her usual character, but considering a lot of the comics that go into why she is the way she is say that it's mostly a form of self-protection by never letting people, especially people that she considers enemies or rivals, see her emotional or psychological vulnerabilities, it's not entirely out of the blue that she'd actually be emotionally affected by realizing someone like Peter/Spider-Man was and is a genuinely decent, heroic person, which utterly refutes her cynical mentality concerning people as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No, I hope not. That said, yeah, it is a bit incongruous with her usual character, but considering a lot of the comics that go into why she is the way she is say that it's mostly a form of self-protection by never letting people, especially people that she considers enemies or rivals, see her emotional or psychological vulnerabilities, it's not entirely out of the blue that she'd actually be emotionally affected by realizing someone like Peter/Spider-Man was and is a genuinely decent, heroic person, which utterly refutes her cynical mentality concerning people as a whole.
    So it's pretty much MA Emma's reasoning for having that crush on Spidey, but without the crush lol.

Still feels a bit weird to me considering how villanous Emma used to be, but retcons are weird I guess... Did she become interested in Cyke because she saw he's a good man by any chance? Because her admiring Peter could be a call forward to the reason she ended up with Cyke (And it'd be another similarity between those two to thrown on the pile, 'cause as pointed out a few times, those two share a lot of similarities despite how different they are lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So it's pretty much MA Emma's reasoning for having that crush on Spidey, but without the crush lol.

Still feels a bit weird to me considering how villanous Emma used to be, but retcons are weird I guess... Did she become interested in Cyke because she saw he's a good man by any chance? Because her admiring Peter could be a call forward to the reason she ended up with Cyke (And it'd be another similarity between those two to thrown on the pile, 'cause as pointed out a few times, those two share a lot of similarities despite how different they are lol).
    Pretty much. At first, it was just a way for her to amuse herself and f*** with his once and future wife Jean Grey, though it slightly backfired on her, not just from Jean's (understandable) reaction when she found out, but that she did genuinely fall in love with Cyclops. However, I will acknowledge that it did start out pretty unethically, to say the least, as she was acting as his therapist at the time.

BANNED

Dark Ages#6

spoilers:
    Happy ending, and some warm moments of Peter being a dad, sending May away so the adults can do some edgy, and fatal, things to Apocalypse, before everyone reunites and walks off into the sunset
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Dark Ages#6

spoilers:
    Happy ending, and some warm moments of Peter being a dad, sending May away so the adults can do some edgy, and fatal, things to Apocalypse, before everyone reunites and walks off into the sunset
    end of spoilers
    It was nice.

Extraordinary Member

Wh-Why is he in the black and red suit from No Way Home? (EDIT: I blanked for a sec and forgot it debuted in Far From Home LMAO.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Wh-Why is he in the black and red suit from No Way Home? (EDIT: I blanked for a sec and forgot it debuted in Far From Home LMAO.)
    It's a Black, White and Blood comic so that's why I thought it looked like that

BANNED

Looks like Peter will be involved in the new Avengers title.