Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Twitter pressed because Peter has a cool suit for the gala is just... ugh.they've somehow tricked themselves into thinking the suit means he's somehow a perfect character now

https://twitter.com/Blankzilla/statu...51552921972740

(Lowkey it was some Miles fans pissed because this turned out to be Peter)I hate that platform
    I didnt see Miles name once but whatever
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Twitter pressed because Peter has a cool suit for the gala is just... ugh.they've somehow tricked themselves into thinking the suit means he's somehow a perfect character now

https://twitter.com/Blankzilla/statu...51552921972740

(Lowkey it was some Miles fans pissed because this turned out to be Peter)I hate that platform
    I didn't care for it but that's just because it seemed excessive and not really Peter. Peter feels like the type of person who would wear his normal suit to anything.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't care for it but that's just because it seemed excessive and not really Peter. Peter feels like the type of person who would wear his normal suit to anything.
    Which is why I think MJ designed it and could lead to her to eventually do what she did for a living in RYV

Spectacular Member

Or maybe it was just a gift along with the invitation of this Gala, so he wears it as respect since they went to the trouble of making the suit for him, even if it's not his style.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Peter will be in this years Hell fire gala

Attachment 120184

Last year, Spidey didn’t swing an invite. This time around, he’s set to play a significant role in the night’s festivities, so he’s rocking a new suit that’s sure to catch everyone’s eye. For a hint at what he’ll be up to, be sure to pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: X-MEN/AVENGERS on May 7!

“This is meant to be a more dramatic, futuristic version of a Spider-Man costume,” Dauterman says. “The bodysuit recedes in darkness, so the glowing spider symbol and geometric accents pop.”
    I do not see Peter ever wearing something like that. I figured if he went to the HG then it would be as MJ's plus one and they would not be wearing anything flamboyant...but stand out with some classic style.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I do not see Peter ever wearing something like that. I figured if he went to the HG then it would be as MJ's plus one and they would not be wearing anything flamboyant...but stand out with some classic style.
    That would have worked better, but I do like the costume. I agree with you that it's not quite right for Peter, but it could work as a "Spider-Man Beyond" kind of deal in the same futuristic vein as Batman Beyond, which might have taken some influence or inspiration from classic Spider-Man, anyway, as well as his 2099 variant/successor, given the common setting of a cyberpunk-style future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Peter will be in this years Hell fire gala

Attachment 120184

Last year, Spidey didn’t swing an invite. This time around, he’s set to play a significant role in the night’s festivities, so he’s rocking a new suit that’s sure to catch everyone’s eye. For a hint at what he’ll be up to, be sure to pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: X-MEN/AVENGERS on May 7!

“This is meant to be a more dramatic, futuristic version of a Spider-Man costume,” Dauterman says. “The bodysuit recedes in darkness, so the glowing spider symbol and geometric accents pop.”
    I think this is the first time Peter will be directly involved with mutants in Krakoa, right?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I think this is the first time Peter will be directly involved with mutants in Krakoa, right?
    Yeah, so far, the most that's happened is that he's made cameos in issues 1 and 6 of Gerry Duggan's X-Men after the first Hellfire Gala. Issue 1, he was (informally) welcoming the X-Men back to New York. Issue 6, he was greeting Cyclops after Cyclops started going incognito as Captain Krakoa. That's about it, from my recollection.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think it would be sweet (and a tad depressing) if the X-Men were the only ones who weren't mad with Spidey currently, they do have a bit in common and I somehow feel like they'd be more accepting/understanding of him. Depending on what he does that is idk

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I didnt see Miles name once but whatever
    That person themselves made a tweet about it, and many others have.Would you like links?

As for if the X-men are the only ones okay w/ Spidey the Avengers will be their so it might just be set before.Idk

I guess we'll have to see if the heckfire suit turns out to have symbiote strands embedded, and if there is trouble awaiting because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I think it would be sweet (and a tad depressing) if the X-Men were the only ones who weren't mad with Spidey currently, they do have a bit in common and I somehow feel like they'd be more accepting/understanding of him. Depending on what he does that is idk
    They're probably too busy being self-involved Mutants on Krakoa to care (yeah, I went there) .

I just pre-ordered this:
    SMEpic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He should be rocking his tuxedo + Spider-Man mask combination like he did when he was with Silver Sable in the "Assassin Nation Plot" storyline.

Peter can design and sew, but I really don't see him making something like this, perhaps in-story one of the mutant fashion designers like Jumbo Carnation made it for him to wear?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

That person themselves made a tweet about it, and many others have.Would you like links?

As for if the X-men are the only ones okay w/ Spidey the Avengers will be their so it might just be set before.Idk
    yes where was miles in that thread
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy