Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He should be rocking his tuxedo + Spider-Man mask combination like he did when he was with Silver Sable in the "Assassin Nation Plot" storyline.

Peter can design and sew, but I really don't see him making something like this, perhaps in-story one of the mutant fashion designers like Jumbo Carnation made it for him to wear?
    According to Russell Dauterman, in his personal canon, Janet Van Dyne designed the nonmutant heroes' looks for the Hellfire Gala, including Spider-Man's, so there would be that.

As for the jabs at the X-Men here by some, you try spending years giving and sacrificing endlessly for (a) people that would rather spit on you and your kind and see you all extinct out of nothing but base bigotry, and then see how much more of that you can endure before throwing your hands up and saying, "F*** this whole race/species of ingrates! We're going to do what we need to do for ourselves, and anyone with a problem with that can f*** all the way off!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Peter will be in this years Hell fire gala

Attachment 120184

Last year, Spidey didn’t swing an invite. This time around, he’s set to play a significant role in the night’s festivities, so he’s rocking a new suit that’s sure to catch everyone’s eye. For a hint at what he’ll be up to, be sure to pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: X-MEN/AVENGERS on May 7!

“This is meant to be a more dramatic, futuristic version of a Spider-Man costume,” Dauterman says. “The bodysuit recedes in darkness, so the glowing spider symbol and geometric accents pop.”
    That looks like a weird version of Miles' costume, or a symbiote that is shiny for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I assume Spidey is gonna be there because Firestar is winning.
    So would they just kick him out of the island if he loses? .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least he won't complain about her being a "cop."
    I wouldn't be so sure of that, don't underestimate bad writing man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Twitter pressed because Peter has a cool suit for the gala is just... ugh.they've somehow tricked themselves into thinking the suit means he's somehow a perfect character now

https://twitter.com/Blankzilla/statu...51552921972740

(Lowkey it was some Miles fans pissed because this turned out to be Peter)I hate that platform
    It's why I'm kinda hoping for the best case scenario if Elon Musk manages to buy twitter, that being deleting twitter .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, so far, the most that's happened is that he's made cameos in issues 1 and 6 of Gerry Duggan's X-Men after the first Hellfire Gala. Issue 1, he was (informally) welcoming the X-Men back to New York. Issue 6, he was greeting Cyclops after Cyclops started going incognito as Captain Krakoa. That's about it, from my recollection.
    I don't think Spidey did anything with the X-Men in Krakoa's entirety.

Which makes sense, he never really got that involved with X-Men, which's pretty ironic 'cause of all the teams at Marvel, he could relate the most with X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I think it would be sweet (and a tad depressing) if the X-Men were the only ones who weren't mad with Spidey currently, they do have a bit in common and I somehow feel like they'd be more accepting/understanding of him. Depending on what he does that is idk
    I think X-Men won't be mad at him because they have little reasons to do so, X-Men are thinking more about themselves than before, and it'd be silly if they were mad at Spidey too.

But who knows, maybe they'll also be mad, never underestimate bad writing, after all, remember that back in All New All Different, the characters kept talking like Cyke did something horrible during the Secret Wars time skip, so horrible that he was at least once compared to Hitler, and what he did was, protect mutants from being killed from Inhumans' stupid cloud, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He should be rocking his tuxedo + Spider-Man mask combination like he did when he was with Silver Sable in the "Assassin Nation Plot" storyline.

Peter can design and sew, but I really don't see him making something like this, perhaps in-story one of the mutant fashion designers like Jumbo Carnation made it for him to wear?
    Definitely. the only thing I see him adding is some sort of telepathic blocker like Tony did at the last Gala. In the past he was able to trust the X-Men telepaths he worked with to not read his mind...but now I think he would take precautions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I think it would be sweet (and a tad depressing) if the X-Men were the only ones who weren't mad with Spidey currently, they do have a bit in common and I somehow feel like they'd be more accepting/understanding of him. Depending on what he does that is idk
    If everyone was angry at Peter he would not be in the new Avengers team. I have learned to ignore all of the comments/solicits coming from Marvel and wait for the comic to actually come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Definitely. the only thing I see him adding is some sort of telepathic blocker like Tony did at the last Gala. In the past he was able to trust the X-Men telepaths he worked with to not read his mind...but now I think he would take precautions.
    If they saw inside his mind, they'd see he was far from a threat to them. Hell, Emma Frost, of all people, practically melted like a puddle when she saw inside his brain years back in the flashback from Devil's Reign: X-Men #2 and realized he was a genuinely good person who'd been through a lot more s*** than he deserved for all he did as a hero. I would also concur with the idea that it'd make far more sense for the X-Men to at least offer Spider-Man some form of refuge or sanctuary, if not necessarily on Krakoa itself, compared to the likes of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four if Zeb Wells follows through on him being completely outcast from (most of) his fellow heroes.

Honestly, even without the Krakoa nonsense, just people like Emma alone should give Spidey more than enough reason to use a telepath blocker lol.

If they saw inside his mind, they'd see he was far from a threat to them. Hell, Emma Frost, of all people, practically melted like a puddle when she saw inside his brain years back in the flashback from Devil's Reign: X-Men #2 and realized he was a genuinely good person who'd been through a lot more s*** than he deserved for all he did as a hero.
    I still find it weird that same pony killing Emma admired his mind that much lol.

I would also concur with the idea that it'd make far more sense for the X-Men to at least offer Spider-Man some form of refuge or sanctuary, if not necessarily on Krakoa itself, compared to the likes of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four if Zeb Wells follows through on him being completely outcast from (most of) his fellow heroes.
    If they were to give him a sanctuary, it'd probably be in the treehouse, but I doubt Marvel would do a crossover like that, heroes don't interfere in each other's life that much, at most for one arc it could happen, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Or maybe it was just a gift along with the invitation of this Gala, so he wears it as respect since they went to the trouble of making the suit for him, even if it's not his style.
    I like the idea that he showed up in his mask and a tuxedo and somebody quickly pulled him to the side and said "You are NOT wearing that," and and quickly made up a new suit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Honestly, even without the Krakoa nonsense, just people like Emma alone should give Spidey more than enough reason to use a telepath blocker lol.

I still find it weird that same pony killing Emma admired his mind that much lol.

If they were to give him a sanctuary, it'd probably be in the treehouse, but I doubt Marvel would do a crossover like that, heroes don't interfere in each other's life that much, at most for one arc it could happen, but that's about it.
    Fair enough, though considering the X-Men's treehouse apparently doubles as a Krakoan embassy if we're to believe Devil's Reign: X-Men #1, I could see conflict arising from that as well, mostly because Peter's endless tendency for self-sacrifice wouldn't let him rest while innocent people could be in danger, regardless of what the public and his fellow heroes think of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I like the idea that he showed up in his mask and a tuxedo and somebody quickly pulled him to the side and said "You are NOT wearing that," and and quickly made up a new suit for him.
    Ha, that would be funny, at least.

Extraordinary Member

It would be interesting to me for Peter to be someone Krakoa would need to worry about. Not that would instigate anything against Krakoa but if Krakoa instigated a threat against humanity they would have to deal with him.

BANNED

According to Russell Dauterman, in his personal canon, Janet Van Dyne designed the nonmutant heroes' looks for the Hellfire Gala, including Spider-Man's, so there would be that.

As for the jabs at the X-Men here by some, you try spending years giving and sacrificing endlessly for (a) people that would rather spit on you and your kind and see you all extinct out of nothing but base bigotry, and then see how much more of that you can endure before throwing your hands up and saying, "F*** this whole race/species of ingrates! We're going to do what we need to do for ourselves, and anyone with a problem with that can f*** all the way off!"
    Hey, I loved Utopia and the revolutionary Cyclops era X-Men. I get where they're coming from, but must they be so goddamn weird about it?

Extraordinary Member

It could be argued that mutant kind...including the X-Men brought the distrust and worse on themselves. The FF and Avengers were reasonably public...the FF don't even have secret identities. The X-Men pretty much always operated in secret and were never willing to accept responsibility whenever they broke the law...even breaking into NORAD. They effectively committed what could be viewed as a terrorist act. Or at least engaged in a mutant gang war in a secure military facility. They can make all the excuses they want about saving Banshee and not having time to go through proper channels...but after the fact they just went into hiding and did not even try to explain themselves.

I am not advocating for the mutant genocide side of things...but when you cross the line you need to be willing to take responsibility for your actions. The X-Men didn't...they just tried to ignore it and hoped it went away....which Krakoa let them eventually due with the amnesty.

I have also argued here repeatedly that there have been times that mutants needed to have their day in court to fight against the system. Ben Deeds was kicked out of UT Austin for being a mutant and what does he do? Lawyer up and fight against the discrimination? No he runs off and joins a the X-Men who are wanted by the authorities. How many times could mutants have fought discrimination in courts or had anti-mutants bigots who commit crimes against mutants prosecuted or sued for their actions?

Fair enough, though considering the X-Men's treehouse apparently doubles as a Krakoan embassy if we're to believe Devil's Reign: X-Men #1, I could see conflict arising from that as well, mostly because Peter's endless tendency for self-sacrifice wouldn't let him rest while innocent people could be in danger, regardless of what the public and his fellow heroes think of him.
    Oh yeah, there's that too lol.

It could be argued that mutant kind...including the X-Men brought the distrust and worse on themselves. The FF and Avengers were reasonably public...the FF don't even have secret identities. The X-Men pretty much always operated in secret and were never willing to accept responsibility whenever they broke the law...even breaking into NORAD. They effectively committed what could be viewed as a terrorist act. Or at least engaged in a mutant gang war in a secure military facility. They can make all the excuses they want about saving Banshee and not having time to go through proper channels...but after the fact they just went into hiding and did not even try to explain themselves.

I am not advocating for the mutant genocide side of things...but when you cross the line you need to be willing to take responsibility for your actions. The X-Men didn't...they just tried to ignore it and hoped it went away....which Krakoa let them eventually due with the amnesty.

I have also argued here repeatedly that there have been times that mutants needed to have their day in court to fight against the system. Ben Deeds was kicked out of UT Austin for being a mutant and what does he do? Lawyer up and fight against the discrimination? No he runs off and joins a the X-Men who are wanted by the authorities. How many times could mutants have fought discrimination in courts or had anti-mutants bigots who commit crimes against mutants prosecuted or sued for their actions?
    I mean, mutants are also casually hunted by the government just for existing, fact that Trask made a bunch of killer robots publicly and the government did nothing to stop 'em until they went out of control shows the kind of bullshit X-Men have to deal with.

They're in a situation where they're disliked by default, F4 were smart enough to become basically celebrities and Avengers kinda work alongside the government, X-Men struggle to have such perks so it's more understandable for 'em to be more underground, even if they could handle it better.

I kind of want to see a story where Spidey is chasing a Mutant villain who wants amnesty in Krakoa and what kind of conflict that ensues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of want to see a story where Spidey is chasing a Mutant villain who wants amnesty in Krakoa and what kind of conflict that ensues.
    Would work better if it was some really heinous crime...committed after the amnesty deal was struck...that would even make many Krakoans uneasy about the amnesty.

Extraordinary Member

Would work better if it was some really heinous crime...committed after the amnesty deal was struck...that would even make many Krakoans uneasy about the amnesty.
    Well they're harboring Shaw,Sinister,Mystique,etc.

They've made it clear everyone gets amnesty