Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

My #1 Batman book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

My #1 Batman book.
    Truly a masterpice. A book that opens up Bruce in a poetic and yet brutal way.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It's still a classic .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In the next 20 years I want them to try to do another origin, because while they're both really enjoyable stories, I find Year One too gritty and serious while Zero Year too epic and colorful

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Truly a masterpice. A book that opens up Bruce in a poetic and yet brutal way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's still a classic .
    In full agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the next 20 years I want them to try to do another origin, because while they're both really enjoyable stories, I find Year One too gritty and serious while Zero Year too epic and colorful
    It makes for an interesting contrast. Although I'm not sure what another origin would really bring to the table.

I think Year One is surprisingly uplifting by the end of the story though...unless you remember what happens to James Jr.

It makes for an interesting contrast. Although I'm not sure what another origin would really bring to the table.

I think Year One is surprisingly uplifting by the end of the story though...unless you remember what happens to James Jr.
    I still think it's uplifting. I don't buy the "the fall caused the psychopathy." That doesn't make any sense to me. Sometimes, things just happen, and Black Mirror shows that even in a dark situation like that, you can still have hope. At least, that's how I read it. I know others read it as some kind of "Dick failed and sucks as Batman" story, but I really doubt that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I still think it's uplifting. I don't buy the "the fall caused the psychopathy." That doesn't make any sense to me. Sometimes, things just happen, and Black Mirror shows that even in a dark situation like that, you can still have hope. At least, that's how I read it. I know others read it as some kind of "Dick failed and sucks as Batman" story, but I really doubt that.
    Oh, I agree the fall had nothing to do with it and it's not like Batman could know what James Jr. would turn out, what he did and the heroism of it still stands out, it just adds just a dark tinge to it.

Oh, I agree the fall had nothing to do with it and it's not like Batman could know what James Jr. would turn out, what he did and the heroism of it still stands out, it just adds just a dark tinge to it.
    Dark tinge feels pretty appropriate for Batman, honestly.

Astonishing Member

Batman: The Black Mirror is by far Scott Snyder's best Batman book and I really liked his run with Greg Capullo.

Astonishing Member

In my top five Batman stories, The Dark Knight Returns.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Berni Wrightson.

WrightsonBatman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Berni Wrightson.

WrightsonBatman.jpg
    Nice chest there, Bruce .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Never leave home without it .