Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the next 20 years I want them to try to do another origin, because while they're both really enjoyable stories, I find Year One too gritty and serious while Zero Year too epic and colorful
    I think YO is too good to ignore. Plus, the reason why it works is because Miller is laser focused on showing how Gordon and Batman became allies and their first nights in Gotham. He is not at all concerned with the 'secret origins' of the Batmobile, Batglider, Batcave or any of that crap. It's left as a blank space for other writers to fill in.

I think writers should just write around it and fill in the space in between. Maybe show how Batman and Harvey became allies and several untold stories from that era. Plus, it's easy to recommend to people to check out Year One then supplement it by reading Prey, Monster Men and the Mad Monk.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think YO is too good to ignore. Plus, the reason why it works is because Miller is laser focused on showing how Gordon and Batman became allies and their first nights in Gotham. He is not at all concerned with the 'secret origins' of the Batmobile, Batglider, Batcave or any of that crap. It's left as a blank space for other writers to fill in.

I think writers should just write around it and fill in the space in between. Maybe show how Batman and Harvey became allies and several untold stories from that era. Plus, it's easy to recommend to people to check out Year One then supplement it by reading Prey, Monster Men and the Mad Monk.
    I think there was quite a bit of Year Two or at least one of the ongoing Batman titles at the time (Shadow of the Bat?) that dealt exactly with that.

Year Two is something that I'm glad is no longer canon.

The ongoing title you're probably thinking of the is 'Legends of the Dark Knight'. Although my understanding is not every story in LotDK is meant to be viewed as etched in canon and some of them were experimental and AU's.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Alex Ross

AlexRossBatman.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The content of Year One is fine. It's the tone that turned me off as a kid. I want a tone that adult me and kid me can enjoy, like BTAS.

Speaking of Year One, I recently found out, since I haven't caught up, that in a flashback of Robin, when Damian compared himself to Bruce and walked in his shoes in his memory, that the scene of Yes Father I Shall Become a Bat, specifically, the night of Year One when Bruce went to East End, met Selina and Holly, then return to the Manor wounded until he made his decision and rang the bell are all confirmed canon, because before this I don't know for sure, as both Zero Year and Year One are considered canon

In Zero Year, that event of that night was Red Hood Gang blowing up Bruce's apartment then he returned to the Manor wounded and tended by Alfred who just returned after being fired previously

Technically, because Tom King creanonized We Met on The Street, that part of Year One is already canon since Rebirth, but Time was still being messed with until Death Metal ends so I wasn't sure

Now it's official

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The content of Year One is fine. It's the tone that turned me off as a kid. I want a tone that adult me and kid me can enjoy, like BTAS.

Speaking of Year One, I recently found out, since I haven't caught up, that in a flashback of Robin, when Damian compared himself to Bruce and walked in his shoes in his memory, that the scene of Yes Father I Shall Become a Bat, specifically, the night of Year One when Bruce went to East End, met Selina and Holly, then return to the Manor wounded until he made his decision and rang the bell are all confirmed canon, because before this I don't know for sure, as both Zero Year and Year One are considered canon

In Zero Year, that event of that night was Red Hood Gang blowing up Bruce's apartment then he returned to the Manor wounded and tended by Alfred who just returned after being fired previously

Technically, because Tom King creanonized We Met on The Street, that part of Year One is already canon since Rebirth, but Time was still being messed with until Death Metal ends so I wasn't sure

Now it's official
    Still gives me chills .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The sequel to Batman: Ninja we never knew we needed .

Vengeance by Thony Khim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Vengeance by Thony Khim
    Reminds me of Beware the Batman...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought that came out a long time ago, but it just came out now and became a meme overnight? Maybe I remember the solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    ...um, okay?

Adrien Fossa

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Neal Adams.

NealAdamsBatman.jpg