Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
Listened to Hitch’s latest interview on Word Balloon and he leaked some more info on the Waid project (around the 40 minute mark):
-Says Nowlan has finished inking issue 1 and he’s about halfway done drawing issue 2
-It will be an all encompassing Superman story that tackles everything from Smallville to Atlantis (I guess Lori is showing up ) to Metropolis, Lex Luthor, and the Legion of Superheroes
-If this was his final project involving Superman he’d be content with it because it lets him put his own spin on every corner of the Super Mythos
-Waid had pitched this a while ago but Didio vetoed it. Once Didio left, Jim Lee pretty much immediately greenlit it
-Hitch loves Waid’s take on the character and thinks he’s one of the guys who really *gets* Superman (no shocker they work well together given they both worship Chris Reeve)

Sounds like Waid is getting wild with this, Birthright was quasi-realistic but this sounds like Waid going all out and bringing in every single component of Superman he’s wanted to touch on for a while. Modernizing all those Silver Age Superman bits of lore he loved is what I see happening here. Expecting Brainiac will be the bad guy here but perhaps this will also involve multiple Superman Rogues too.
Considering Didio's "Everyone reverts to a 5-year-old when given the Superman books", this might explain why this was veto-ed. Wondering if this'll be Waid in full Pre-Crisis nostalgia mode, but even if it were, it'll probably be fun.

And I'm perfectly fine with it if it gives me more Lori.