Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

He could appear in Peacemaker S2 or the series with Amanda Waller that Gunn is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He could appear in Peacemaker S2 or the series with Amanda Waller that Gunn is working on.
    Waller series is supposedly Checkmate, I don’t think he’ll be in that. There are rumors that it’s a Bloodsport series where he fights Deathstroke but nothing concrete. Peacemaker S2 reunion would still be cool.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

I'd love for Bloodsport to get a chance to fight Superman. The man who is faster than a speeding bullet having a marksman who can teleport technologically advanced weaponry as an enemy? It writes itself...

What are the thoughts of Superman's major enemies being leased out to the Justice League and other teams so often? Sure it'd appease the power levels crowd that Superman's baddies can tend to require the Justice League to beat...but on the other hand, they could do so much more with these enemies fighting Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waller series is supposedly Checkmate, I don’t think he’ll be in that. There are rumors that it’s a Bloodsport series where he fights Deathstroke but nothing concrete. Peacemaker S2 reunion would still be cool.
    Gunn debunked rumors of a Bloodsport series being in the works. Could be anything, right now he is writing Peacemaker 2 and the Waller series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'd love for Bloodsport to get a chance to fight Superman. The man who is faster than a speeding bullet having a marksman who can teleport technologically advanced weaponry as an enemy? It writes itself...

What are the thoughts of Superman's major enemies being leased out to the Justice League and other teams so often? Sure it'd appease the power levels crowd that Superman's baddies can tend to require the Justice League to beat...but on the other hand, they could do so much more with these enemies fighting Supes.
    Superman no longer has his own enemies, they are enemies of other heroes or of the JL, after Superman, even Lex is more of a villain of the JL than of Superman himself, surely if Bloodsport becomes a popular character he will end up with another hero (Batman ), when fighting Superman, Superman will need JL's help.

Least Elba is pushing for it. We could have so much cool Superman stuff in the works I’m sure if Cavill wasn’t being such a priss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Loathe it. It does absolutely nothing for Superman to have his enemies get swiped for the League. Darkseid is the only one I’m ok with losing because I don’t think he ever should have been a “Superman Rogue” and I’d be fine if they took Doomsday too. But Brainiac or Mongul for example? No.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Loathe it. It does absolutely nothing for Superman to have his enemies get swiped for the League. Darkseid is the only one I’m ok with losing because I don’t think he ever should have been a “Superman Rogue” and I’d be fine if they took Doomsday too. But Brainiac or Mongul for example? No.
    I think it's a problem if they don't make Superman central to the story and still emphasize that they're ultimately still Superman villains at the end of the day, they're just powerful enough to take on the League.

At least that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's a problem if they don't make Superman central to the story and still emphasize that they're ultimately still Superman villains at the end of the day, they're just powerful enough to take on the League.

At least that's my take.
    Injustice 2 used Brainiac as a general League villain and that had fucking Batman knocking him out for good instead of Superman or Supergirl. Suicide Squad KTJL is obviously going to end in a Brainiac boss fight with Harley Quinn or one of those other losers putting him down for good. Making Brainiac a “JL” villain has only served to weaken his ties to Superman so that DC can use him to make the Bats look good, just like they do for everything.

No I’m not in favor of it and have never seen an example where it’s actually benefitted the characters to be turned into general DC characters. Darkseid hasn’t benefitted from ceasing to be a New Gods character, but that’s a lost cause and one I don’t have any real interest in fighting.

All-New Member

Terra-Man as villain for Superman is quite amusing, since Batman is always there to fill this role.

The whole Batman as protector of Earth from alien Superman is so tired and jaded. The Dawn of Justice movie addressed it by bonding over the name "Martha," but in comics it should have been a Terra-Man and Batman plotline that led to Batman putting aside this insanity.

Batman has been overplayed so badly for going on 3 or 4 decades it's really quite sad.

Also, given Bruce Wayne's wealth, it seems completely obvious that Batman would have pursued and acquired super powers through science, a long time ago. Flash's super-speed, for example.

I blame Frank Miller for this, all.

Maybe it’s a Secret Six project? THR reported that was in the works:
    Rumors circulated about introducing the Secret Six, a villain team that in the comics have been Suicide Squad antagonists.
    Would fit Gunn’s MO.

Maybe it’s a Secret Six project? THR reported that was in the works:

Would fit Gunn’s MO.
    It reported Crisis and Secret Six as rumored, while the others (Supergirl, Static) as more concrete projects. The rumored Secret Six and Checkmate are referring to the same thing, the Amanda Waller series Gunn is working on. It could be this, whatever the real title will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It reported Crisis and Secret Six as rumored, while the others (Supergirl, Static) as more concrete projects. The rumored Secret Six and Checkmate are referring to the same thing, the Amanda Waller series Gunn is working on. It could be this, whatever the real title will be.
    Where are you hearing this? I thought Gunn had three DC projects in dev: Peacemaker, Waller, and then something else.