Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe they’re merging clone Bizarro and Bizarro World Bizarro together? They’re two separate characters in the mainline but here perhaps they’re merging both Rebirth backstories into one character. End of Tomasi’s run had Bizarro let Bizarroworld die and this Webtoon is clearly drawing a lot on the Rebirth era.
    I swear they've done that before. Like I think Johns had clone Bizarro end up in or make Bizarro World?

I remember during the New 52 we had like two Bizarro's. Clone Bizarro in Forever Evil and Bizarro World Bizarro in like that Action issue where Superman lost his beard.

Bizarroworld was back in Terrifics, but that probably wasn't high enough profile series to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I swear they've done that before. Like I think Johns had clone Bizarro end up in or make Bizarro World?

I remember during the New 52 we had like two Bizarro's. Clone Bizarro in Forever Evil and Bizarro World Bizarro in like that Action issue where Superman lost his beard.
    Johns did what you’re thinking of in his Escape from Bizarroworld story:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Finally around to reading the Outlaws Webtoon. It’s pretty breezy, if you’re someone who reads books for character moments it’s good. It’s plot is utterly barebones however. Would never pay for it but it being free does make it more enjoyable.

Himbo Bizarro is amusing. Clark shows up to just be a dick, big YJ S1 vibes, although it’s implied Bizarro did destroy Bizarroworld and kinda deserves it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Considering Bizarro's perspective obviously can't be 100% trusted its interesting the exact context of what happened there.

Also presumably he's remembering Clark as more negative than what actually happened, thinking that Clark is judging him when in reality he's probably more sympathetic to him as he usually is.

It does tie in well to how him, Jason, and Artemis all have doubts living up to their respective counterparts.

I like my Bizarro a bit uglier.

Finally around to reading the Outlaws Webtoon. It’s pretty breezy, if you’re someone who reads books for character moments it’s good. It’s plot is utterly barebones however. Would never pay for it but it being free does make it more enjoyable.

Himbo Bizarro is amusing. Clark shows up to just be a dick, big YJ S1 vibes, although it’s implied Bizarro did destroy Bizarroworld and kinda deserves it.
    Yeah, I didn't get the sense he was being a dick just raw reacting to what Bizarro did...which doesn't sound pretty.

Gonna go out there and give out a controversial opinion on this board...I like Doomsday. Or more like I'm fine with Doomsday.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Doomsday Goro.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gonna go out there and give out a controversial opinion on this board...I like Doomsday. Or more like I'm fine with Doomsday.
    What do you think they should do with him? As someone who likes him I’m curious what you’d like to see done with him given he mostly exists to remind people how he killed Supes that one time. What kind of plots or stories could he star in that let him still affect Superman’s ongoing narrative in a way that lives up to him being the one who killed Supes? He’s firmly ingrained into Superman’s Mythos at this point, but the problem is other than retelling his one story nobody seems to know what to do with him. The idea of Doomsday as a virus that brings out the worst in others has potential but I’m unsure how to reconcile that with regular old boney Hulk Doomsday.

What do you think they should do with him? As someone who likes him I’m curious what you’d like to see done with him given he mostly exists to remind people how he killed Supes that one time. What kind of plots or stories could he star in that let him still affect Superman’s ongoing narrative in a way that lives up to him being the one who killed Supes? He’s firmly ingrained into Superman’s Mythos at this point, but the problem is other than retelling his one story nobody seems to know what to do with him. The idea of Doomsday as a virus that brings out the worst in others has potential but I’m unsure how to reconcile that with regular old boney Hulk Doomsday.
    I think he's an effective physical threat. Post-death I think you can do interesting stories of Superman or other heroes having to find a way to beat Doomsday that doesn't involve Clark dying again and maybe doesn't rely on pure brawn.

I think Post-Crisis they also ended up making him sentient eventually so I think that could be interesting.