Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Awesome the military background is still intact! What makes this darkly comedic is that even if they hadn’t ripped Metallo’s voice box out, Lex would still be monologuing because there’s nothing that guy loves more than the sound of his own voice. Really excited to see what the new Metallo design will be, pity we won’t get more of Federeci drawing him.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This is just the best voice of Luthor I read in a while. The Self righteous delusion of grandeur & xenophobia oozes out of him as the man can't see the truth of what is in front of him it is very reminiscent of All-star superman Lex. I feel like previously they have tried so hard to make Luthor seem to be in right or downplay the fact of how much of a bastard he is to make him more of a grey/misguided person (Like they put on the justice league twice). It kind of misses the point that Luthor is supposed to be wrong and that his entire ideology is blatantly wrong and just a thin veil excuse for him to actually "help everyone"

1664272488676652.jpg

Do wonder what "mutual friend" he talking about almost like he talking about a traitor in the authority?

1664272553423224.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    This is just the best voice of Luthor I read in a while. The Self righteous delusion of grandeur & xenophobia oozes out of him as the man can't see the truth of what is in front of him it is very reminiscent of All-star superman Lex. I feel like previously they have tried so hard to make Luthor seem to be in right or downplay the fact of how much of a bastard he is to make him more of a grey/misguided person (Like they put on the justice league twice). It kind of misses the point that Luthor is supposed to be wrong and that his entire ideology is blatantly wrong and just a thin veil excuse for him to actually "help everyone"

1664272488676652.jpg

Do wonder what "mutual friend" he talking about almost like he talking about a traitor in the authority?

1664272553423224.jpg
    Yeah PKJ’s voice for Lex is perfect. Great blend of delusional self-righteousness and megalomania that lets you know what an ******* Lex is.

Love the new toys, been a while since we’ve seen Lex really cutting lose with the sci-fi tech. God it’s gorgeous too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Brainiac in Russell’s and Allred’s Space Age:

Ever since Morrison there’s been a trend to portray Brainiac as a twisted kind of “savior” who operates on cold and ruthless logic that I approve of. Feel like it makes Brainiac a more effective foil to Superman, here’s what he could be without compassion entering the calculus.

Just got finished re-reading Superman Ending Battle, definitely highlighted the depth of Superman's rogues gallery. Wouldn't mind seeing more done with Terra Man, for an example.

Is Atomic Skull alive and a villain again? I can't keep track .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Atomic Skull alive and a villain again? I can't keep track .
    Think the last place we saw him was Williamson’s Batman/Superman which killed him off at the start of the Ultra-Humanite arc. If Williamson really is doing a Superman book I wouldn’t be surprised if both Skull and Humanite showed up there again.

Williamson revived him but left his status kind of ambiguous. Since he hasn’t shown up since he’s pretty much a blank slate, he could go back to being a crook or (my preference) stay as a cop but without Sawyer around to keep him in check, he starts backsliding into being a villain but now he’s enmeshed in the police force. Superman facing a hostile police force while he’s trying to revamp Metropolis sound like a good status quo to have.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-01-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Heh not reading that Fortress book but I saw this floating around on Twitter and must admit it’s a good Lex line:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Intergang's boss Bruno Mannheim gets name dropped in almost every issues of the Black Adam's prequel comic (not sure if he is supposed to be the guy appearing via hologram):

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Intergang's boss Bruno Mannheim gets name dropped in almost every issues of the Black Adam's prequel comic (not sure if he is supposed to be the guy appearing via hologram):

Manheim in two live-action properties? Cool!

Kaminski drops a hint that Zod is going to have a role to play in 2023

Makes sense given Zod is returning for The Flash movie in 2023.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Kevin Maguire

20221006_092053.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Kevin Maguire

20221006_092053.jpg

Notice black zero? Lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.