Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Loophole from superboy, drawn by Tom also.

Between this and world's finest I am a insanely happy "comic" Superman fan
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Terra_man (Ending battle look), Sleez, High-Tech, Loophole, Toyman.

Beard guy, I am miss on that one. Red visor guy, Blindspot, maybe.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Here's a question, do you guys consider Lobo a member of Superman's rogues gallery? I know the relationship between Superman and Lobo is antagonistic but Lobo is usually like that with everyone.

The Phantom Zone is such a great way to tell horror stories with Superman.
    Couldn't agree more. Without a doubt, Gene Colan excels at this (XD)

Yesterday I read Gerber’s PZ mini and then the follow up in DC Presents. Man writes an utterly monstrous Mxy, up there with Alan Moore. Interesting how both of them had the idea to make Mxy go full villain as a way to end the Pre-Crisis era. DC Presents feels like a compressed version of how Gerber wanted to reboot Superman without completely discarding everything that came before.
    I picked it up after PJK hinted at revisiting those concepts and it was an interesting experience. Really makes you think what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Here's a question, do you guys consider Lobo a member of Superman's rogues gallery? I know the relationship between Superman and Lobo is antagonistic but Lobo is usually like that with everyone.
    I think of Lobo as kind of a rival character for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    He’s for Superman what Deathstroke has become for Batman. Not really “just” a Superman Rogue but someone that creators and readers seem to enjoy pitting against Superman on the regular.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Main Man .

For the longest time I thought the best way to revamp volcana is to make her a pyromancer. That way her flames can be magic based and really put Clark in trouble. I’d also give her the ability to emit red Sun radiation.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Last edited by Gaius; 04-24-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    For the longest time I thought the best way to revamp volcana is to make her a pyromancer. That way her flames can be magic based and really put Clark in trouble. I’d also give her the ability to emit red Sun radiation.
    Something like that could definitely work. Supes needs more female Rogues. Read a PZ mini by Steve Gerber recently that had a Kryptonian who could burn other Kryptonians with pyrokinesis, would love to see Volcana get the ability to do that and make the jump to mainline canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Even as a Doomsday hater I gotta admit that looks cool

Do you guys think we are better off with some of the sillier low powered villains like Toyman being given to characters like Kon-El, Steel or any other under powered Superman Family hero while Clark takes on threats that are more his level like Mongul, Doomsday, Darkseid and Lex Luthor?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Do you guys think we are better off with some of the sillier low powered villains like Toyman being given to characters like Kon-El, Steel or any other under powered Superman Family hero while Clark takes on threats that are more his level like Mongul, Doomsday, Darkseid and Lex Luthor?
    I'm fine with the Superfamily sharing Rogues but I don't think Supes needs to constantly fight Luthor, Doomsday, or guys on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don’t mind sharing foes within the Superfamily, but I’d say the lower level Rogues are still necessary if for no other reason than you need stories where the stakes aren’t the fate of the entire world. Besides Bloodsport’s resurgence shows that even characters most would write off as lame or not good enough to be a threat to Supes can be elevated with the right revamp.