Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Good convo about Cyborg Superman from interview with Williamson and Sampere after Dark Crisis #2:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/05/th...s-2-interview/

AIPT: Do you have big plans for Cyborg Superman in Dark Crisis?

JW: You see what happens in issue two? So I mean, that’s sort of the end of him being in Dark Crisis. He might show up in some of the later fights. The thing that’s funny is that when we get into the big epic battles that’ll happen later I have to be careful about how many characters I add because otherwise, Daniel will kill me <laugh>. Once we get around to issue five and issue six…three and four are still kind of like a slow burn. It’s still about the mystery. It’s still about these characters coming together for a challenge and the feeling of defeat that they’re feeling. And then by the time they start stepping up to join this fight. Then by the time they get to five like five has a lot of characters in it. And then we get to six, six is nuts. And so I feel like if I add Cyborg Superman to that fight, Daniel will–even though Daniel draws like the coolest looking Cyborg Superman–I don’t wanna add to that cause we’re already having so much.

DS: Cyborg Superman is super fun to do, but every artist when they read the word cyborg on the screen they start shaking, you know, because <laugh> everything Cyborg takes too much work to draw. <laugh>

JW: He’s still cool though. I wanted to have a character that felt like they worked thematically for that fight for someone to be the one to go up against Jon here.
    Yeah, Sampere does draw the hell out of the guy, that's for sure. Like anyone he draws, really.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those are...definitely some faces.

I like it everyone looks good apart from Darkseid who looks like he got his armor from a Michael bay transformer. Like god dam that chin guard!

where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Good convo about Cyborg Superman from interview with Williamson and Sampere after Dark Crisis #2:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/05/th...s-2-interview/

Yeah, Sampere does draw the hell out of the guy, that's for sure. Like anyone he draws, really.

Yeah hank is treated like a mid card villian, and I hate that. Jon shouldn't have lasted so long with him,he isn't even out of his teens yet, would they allow kon to hold his own with ol hank too? hank should be kicking everyones ass Imo.

BTW did you see the panels of him flying in, they reminded me of the panels of his first appearance when they were introducing the Supermen
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yeah hank is treated like a mid card villian, and I hate that. Jon shouldn't have lasted so long with him,he isn't even out of his teens yet, would they allow kon to hold his own with ol hank too? hank should be kicking everyones ass Imo.

BTW did you see the panels of him flying in, they reminded me of the panels of his first appearance when they were introducing the Supermen
    Yeah, definite throwback vibes there.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Ohh, I didn't catch that. Nice one, X!

I thought issue 2 was about as good as it was gonna be. The Titans get stomped, but maybe not as badly as they could have been, and certainly would have been under the last regime (nobody's died, so we're already doing better than Didio's era). Nightwing got his win against Slade. I'm relatively satisfied, within the very low expectations I've set for the Event. #2 was good enough to get me to buy #3, even though this still feels largely like a remix of other Events I've already bought and paid for and I'm kinda bored with the whole thing. No offense to Williamson or Sampere, they're quality talent, but this is a story I've seen several times before and I've yet to see anything truly "new" or "different" about it.

But if Beast Boy doesn't just change into a animal that can regenerate, like a starfish or something, by the time this is over I'm just gonna say that animal powers should no longer be allowed in comics. No damn point to them if all writers will ever do is "strong as an ape! Flight like a bird!"

In all honesty, that ragtag team of D-list villains shouldn't have been able to take on the adult Titans at all. Numbers be damned, we're looking at some real losers while the Titans have been active for at least a decade and should be considered among the most capable and badass heroes on earth. The line in issue 1 about the Titans being bailed out by the League, I let that slide because it's Slade's narrative and of course he'd rationalize his many defeats in such a way. But it's more than just Dick and Wally who're capable of holding their own; at the very least Vic, Raven, and Kory should be on the same level. Gar, I've never had a high opinion of, so I'm fine with him being written like he is, but the others? You don't defeat Trigon and all his legions when you're 17, then get punked by some moron like the Tattooed Man when you're close to 30.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The main villain of BA is tied to the Intergang too.

"Possessed by a demon, a military Intergang leader transforms into Sabbac, the only being whose powers are equal to those of Black Adam. Determined to take over Kahndaq and maybe the whole world, Sabbac must be stopped, and the fiercely autonomous Black Adam may need the help of some unlikely allies to outmatch him."

Source: https://screenrant.com/black-adam-vi...ys-first-look/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Intergang in the BA trailer (the folks invading Kahndaq):

Interesting that WB is letting S&L use Intergang at the same time as Black Adam. Maybe the new regime has relaxed the rules about the TV side not being able to use characters that the films are using?

Interesting that WB is letting S&L use Intergang at the same time as Black Adam. Maybe the new regime has relaxed the rules about the TV side not being able to use characters that the films are using?

BA and the next season of S&L are not even out at the same time but probably both takes on the Intergang will be different enough for WB to not care of an overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    BA and the next season of S&L are not even out at the same time but probably both takes on the Intergang will be different enough for WB to not care of an overlap.
    That never really stopped them before from taking characters off of TV that they planned to use in movies.

That never really stopped them before from taking characters off of TV that they planned to use in movies.
    Yeah, but they are fine if 2 live action iterations of a character are different enough to not compete with each other or confuse the audience. They are going to have 2 Batmen (Keaton and Pattinson) in movies simultaneously, but one is old and the other is a newbie, they are different enough to coexist according to WB's standards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ohh, I didn't catch that. Nice one, X!

I thought issue 2 was about as good as it was gonna be. The Titans get stomped, but maybe not as badly as they could have been, and certainly would have been under the last regime (nobody's died, so we're already doing better than Didio's era). Nightwing got his win against Slade. I'm relatively satisfied, within the very low expectations I've set for the Event. #2 was good enough to get me to buy #3, even though this still feels largely like a remix of other Events I've already bought and paid for and I'm kinda bored with the whole thing. No offense to Williamson or Sampere, they're quality talent, but this is a story I've seen several times before and I've yet to see anything truly "new" or "different" about it.

But if Beast Boy doesn't just change into a animal that can regenerate, like a starfish or something, by the time this is over I'm just gonna say that animal powers should no longer be allowed in comics. No damn point to them if all writers will ever do is "strong as an ape! Flight like a bird!"

In all honesty, that ragtag team of D-list villains shouldn't have been able to take on the adult Titans at all. Numbers be damned, we're looking at some real losers while the Titans have been active for at least a decade and should be considered among the most capable and badass heroes on earth. The line in issue 1 about the Titans being bailed out by the League, I let that slide because it's Slade's narrative and of course he'd rationalize his many defeats in such a way. But it's more than just Dick and Wally who're capable of holding their own; at the very least Vic, Raven, and Kory should be on the same level. Gar, I've never had a high opinion of, so I'm fine with him being written like he is, but the others? You don't defeat Trigon and all his legions when you're 17, then get punked by some moron like the Tattooed Man when you're close to 30.
    Beast Boy doesn't even need to turn into an animal with regenerative powers to regenerate. He can heal on his own, Williamson is ignoring powersets or wants to raise the stakes.