Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The actor is actually a white man: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Welliver
    intriguing.

A lot of the fandom of the 90s Superman cartoon casually assumed that Lex was black based on his tan... heh.. intriguing..

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    intriguing.

A lot of the fandom of the 90s Superman cartoon casually assumed that Lex was black based on his tan... heh.. intriguing..
    Huh apparently 90's Lex is supposed to be a bit Greek. I think Lex is black in the Harley Quinn cartoon since he's voiced by Giancarlo Esposito and he does have a noticeably darker skin color there too.

On that note Giancarlo would make a fantastic Lex.

Looks like a Lation version of John Corben/Metallo, Juan Cordero, debuted in the latest issue of Young Justice: Targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like a Lation version of John Corben/Metallo, Juan Cordero, debuted in the latest issue of Young Justice: Targets.
    Weird change but in line with how Weisman operates. Not a fan of the design regardless:

Going all robot except the head does not look good at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Weird change but in line with how Weisman operates. Not a fan of the design regardless:

Going all robot except the head does not look good at all.
    Here's hoping it's synthetic skin that goes blown up during the coming battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Here's hoping it's synthetic skin that goes blown up during the coming battle.

To bad we have already seen Conner go down from kryptonite already,cause this would be a perfect time for his being only half kryptonian coming in handy
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Some amazing villain art .

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Damn when you put it like that thats a really good character concept.
    Right? Say what you will about Lobdell, but the man had some incredible ideas. His execution didn't really ever match the potential of what he introduced (Clark as a blogger pissed off at media news bias, for example....) but just because his writing didn't live up to his imagination is no reason to discard the basic concepts themselves.

I especially like the story ideas. Number 2 is my favorite, the idea of a rogue nation attaining an army of Doomsday super soldiers does make for a decent reoccurring antagonist. Like how say Green Arrow has Count Vertigo who runs his own little country.
    Thanks. I've always found it odd that Clark doesn't have a regular, recurring "political" threat. Corrupt businessmen and the occasional military leader yes, but politicians-as-villains is a rarity, which feels like a huge omission given Clark's early adventures fighting against The Man.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Adam Smasher in Cyberpunk Edgerunners is basically exactly what I want Metallo to look like:

He even more or less has the same background/origin as Metallo being a former soldier who turned himself into a walking tank. I’ve found I really prefer Metallo looking bulky over the lanky approach of some designs. Give him a stature similar to Adam but with the green and orange color scheme and I think he’d look cool!

This design came close but was ironically too human in the face (I know the intent was to evoke Robocop which is also a good influence).

Adam Smasher in Cyberpunk Edgerunners is basically exactly what I want Metallo to look like:

He even more or less has the same background/origin as Metallo being a former soldier who turned himself into a walking tank. I’ve found I really prefer Metallo looking bulky over the lanky approach of some designs. Give him a stature similar to Adam but with the green and orange color scheme and I think he’d look cool!

This design came close but was ironically too human in the face (I know the intent was to evoke Robocop which is also a good influence).
    I though i was the only one

Yeah Atom smasher looks sick and something Metallo should adopt more. It goes even deeper with the fact that his Cyberpunk 2020 (past version) look
    marek-madej-2020-smasher-01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    I though i was the only one

Yeah Atom smasher looks sick and something Metallo should adopt more. It goes even deeper with the fact that his Cyberpunk 2020 (past version) look
    marek-madej-2020-smasher-01.jpg
    Haha you are definitely not alone and damn is it nice to know someone else had the same thought. Yeah I like that earlier look too, I’m undecided if I think it’s better to slowly have Metallo get more and more machine over time, or if (in line with my belief he should draw on Darth Vader) it’s better to have one big accident that Superman is involved in that destroys Corben’s body and turns him into the monster we know him as.

Haha you are definitely not alone and damn is it nice to know someone else had the same thought. Yeah I like that earlier look too, I’m undecided if I think it’s better to slowly have Metallo get more and more machine over time, or if (in line with my belief he should draw on Darth Vader) it’s better to have one big accident that Superman is involved in that destroys Corben’s body and turns him into the monster we know him as.
    I alway prefer the slow decay into complete borg as it play up the whole tragedy of Corben constantly sacrificing his humanity and "chromed" out for his hatred for superman and in the end just rendering him a hollow man he was once