Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Not many Bronze age names come to my mind honestly.

The Sandman creature? The Galactic Golem? Satanis and Sirene?
    Actually, there are a couple of them who could deserve a revamp (and a couple of slightly successful attempts were made in past).
    The ones which come to my mind are Master Jailer (the Johns version wasn't that bad), Neutron, Black Zero, Atomic Skull and Amalak. Back in the days I had a soft spot for Amalak in particular, especially the Pasko version.
    I vaguely remember that Kurt Busiek was interested in a revamp of the Atomic Skull in his run and wanted to elevate him to an A-list villain for a while. But as far as I know, it never happened.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Actually, there are a couple of them who could deserve a revamp (and a couple of slightly successful attempts were made in past).
    The ones which come to my mind are Master Jailer (the Johns version wasn't that bad), Neutron, Black Zero, Atomic Skull and Amalak. Back in the days I had a soft spot for Amalak in particular, especially the Pasko version.
    Of those names several still are pretty active Superman troublemakers, maybe Neutron the one who less revisions have. Master jailer is also a more stable presence, but right now his circunstances are unclear.

About Black Zero... Let the name belong to the alternate Kon-El. Supervillians claiming to be the real destroyers of Krypton had left me with real bad taste and I think is a concept is better to remove from disscussion.

I vaguely remember that Kurt Busiek was interested in a revamp of the Atomic Skull in his run and wanted to elevate him to an A-list villain for a while. But as far as I know, it never happened.
    He indeed hinted something planned for the Atomic Skull, making him more a schemer and a real power play. But with Amalak, even with the concept of the space pirate seeking revenge aghainst kryptonians... dunno. It didn't clcked for my. It was like something was missing.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wish more of the Bronze Age villains were revamped.
    Agreed. Always thought Black Zero had potential...

The Sandman creature?
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed the Walt Simonson version (XD)

Master Jailer
    I'd settle for the Pre-Crisis version, if it's ever decided that he should be brought back...

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-28-2022 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Bizzaro-centric story in today's Red Hood webtoon. Lex is also President in that continuity.
    It’s funny how popular the idea of Lex becoming President has proved despite the only story that’s endured from that era being the one where he gets deposed. I hope more writers are able to exploit the potential it offered better than the mainline comics did.

The Sandman creature? The Galactic Golem? Satanis and Sirene?
    Busiek’s Galactic Golem was cool. Don’t care about the rest.
    Master Jailer and Atomic Skull have a lot of potential I think. Particularly given Skull’s current status as being part of the Metropolis PD, although we have yet to see if Williamson will continue that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s funny how popular the idea of Lex becoming President has proved despite the only story that’s endured from that era being the one where he gets deposed. I hope more writers are able to exploit the potential it offered better than the mainline comics did.

Master Jailer and Atomic Skull have a lot of potential I think. Particularly given Skull’s current status as being part of the Metropolis PD, although we have yet to see if Williamson will continue that.

I feel like president Luthor’s inclusion in the supersons movie really worked

I feel that the supersons presented a very interesting iteration of Superman’s world that mixed Donner and a bunch of rebirth stuff

As always, a lot of characters have potential and most of the time depends on the writer to make them shine, on how and where. Not all concepts work but sometimes a creative twist can make a overlooked character to work. Just think in Kite man
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Someone asked to PKJ for Anguish...

angustia2.jpg

But I think than an space pirate like Amalak would be more suited for him to write about:

Did anyone knew about Kurt Busiek take on Terra-Man? It would had been amazing:

Extraordinary Member

Did anyone knew about Kurt Busiek take on Terra-Man? It would had been amazing:
    I love that idea; add in Superman having to form a “space posse” to go get him, and it’s even better.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I remember reading that! Wonder how the whole “Terra-Man is powerless” on Earth would have worked.

Livewire with a different jacket variant:

I like the one with studs more.

Livewire rocking out !

Spectacular Member

I remember reading that! Wonder how the whole “Terra-Man is powerless” on Earth would have worked.
    Probably he got defeated by Superman at this point

He’s powerless because Superman basically broke all of his toys

Livewire with a different jacket variant:

I like the one with studs more.
    Livewire got jacket envy.