Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556575859 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Funniest thing about all the claims about how Superman can’t work in a video game is that with Mxy, you’ve got a reality warped who can arbitrarily raise or lower his power level on a whim. Cool to see this, can’t compared with the WW and Batman games the other have gotten/are getting, but at least the SS game where Supes is evil (again) won’t be the only thing coming out.
    And more kids will probably play this game (I hope) .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting mix of designs!

Forgot how great Pak’s Lex was:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh yeah, that's from the "Superman's Joker" arc where Xa-Du was like launching Kandorians as bullets to kill people Superman cared about.

Extraordinary Member

That Lex appearance reminds me of how weird it is that almost every movie version of Lex wound up trying to make him a bit jokey and goofy, like some weird, left-over misremembering of Hackman's Lex in the first movie. I mean, Hackman wasn't actually clowning around all that much, and a lot of his operatic flair was really more a distraction in that film before getting just plain ruthless, just as the Golden Age, Bronze Age, and all Post-Crisis versions did.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I love the dripping S on Bizarro.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's very cute and I can already hear some Wonder Woman posters in particular complaining that Diana is driving a car but Superman flies.

Ignoring the fact that she looks like a total baller in that vehicle.

Why have the lasso, bracers,and invisible jet if she is invulnerable and can fly.incan see her strength,speed,and endurance being up there ,but with all those things (thst are not going away ever) it would be better to just make her insanely tough physically and no flight,she would feel more like a Amazon and relative of God's,and it would make having all those things thst she isn't getting rid of make sense and cool to have and use
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    That Lex appearance reminds me of how weird it is that almost every movie version of Lex wound up trying to make him a bit jokey and goofy, like some weird, left-over misremembering of Hackman's Lex in the first movie. I mean, Hackman wasn't actually clowning around all that much, and a lot of his operatic flair was really more a distraction in that film before getting just plain ruthless, just as the Golden Age, Bronze Age, and all Post-Crisis versions did.
    I think even Clancy Brown's Lex had his humorous moments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think even Clancy Brown's Lex had his humorous moments.
    Yeah, but he was still overall far more menacing than jokey, and never a clown. There's a difference between going for a menacing villain who cna be funny, and going for a funny villain who only occasionally gets menacing, after all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, but he was still overall far more menacing than jokey, and never a clown. There's a difference between going for a menacing villain who cna be funny, and going for a funny villain who only occasionally gets menacing, after all.
    In the context of the page though I feel like he's being less joking and more mocking.

Someone asked me on tumblr who I thought Priest would do a good job handling out of Superman’s Rogues, and I think Lex, Bloodsport, Solaris, Mxy, Zod, and Toyman would all be villains Priest would do a good job with. Lex has the highest chances of showing up in Superman: Lost, but I hope others do too. If this is Priest’s one shot at writing Superman I want to see him tackle a few of the major Rogues.

Speaking of Superman Rogues, what are they going to do with Bloodsport? Gunn has something in the works involving Bloodsport and Elba, does that mean Bloodsport carries over to the DCU? Be a shame to lose Elba before we actually get to see an interaction between Bloodsport and Superman, hell I would not be surprised if he showed up in Gunn’s Superman movie. Maybe in an opening montage showing flashes from this Superman’s career thus far.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-15-2022 at 10:41 PM.

Someone asked me on tumblr who I thought Priest would do a good job handling out of Superman’s Rogues, and I think Lex, Bloodsport, Solaris, Mxy, Zod, and Toyman would all be villains Priest would do a good job with. Lex has the highest chances of showing up in Superman: Lost, but I hope others do too. If this is Priest’s one shot at writing Superman I want to see him tackle a few of the major Rogues.

Speaking of Superman Rogues, what are they going to do with Bloodsport? Gunn has something in the works involving Bloodsport and Elba, does that mean Bloodsport carries over to the DCU? Be a shame to lose Elba before we actually get to see an interaction between Bloodsport and Superman, hell I would not be surprised if he showed up in Gunn’s Superman movie. Maybe in an slearly montage showing flashes from this Superman’s career thus far.
    I think Gunn will carry over as much of his stuff as he possibly can.

Mighty Member

Speaking of Superman Rogues, what are they going to do with Bloodsport? Gunn has something in the works involving Bloodsport and Elba, does that mean Bloodsport carries over to the DCU? Be a shame to lose Elba before we actually get to see an interaction between Bloodsport and Superman, hell I would not be surprised if he showed up in Gunn’s Superman movie. Maybe in an opening montage showing flashes from this Superman’s career thus far.
    That redesign is too good for it to not have visibly interacted with Superman yet.

Interestingly, with how much movie directors love Lex, they sure don't use Lex to the his most advantageous position of arming and sending Superman's rogues after him...However I can see how that would basically make Lex the supervillain factory, even if a majority of them start to due their own thing after that Lex Corp funding.