Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I meant like individually. I can't think of any memorable Metallo story. Or Parasite. Or Toyman. Can you?
    Toyman had an Action Annual that I think was pretty good, but as a whole no, those guys have never gotten that one great story the way others have. PKJ has mentioned Metallo as a Rogue he’d like to write so fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bizarro, Darkseid, Mxy, and Lex...I think the guy next to Bizarro is Parasite?
    That’s my guess. Hoping it’s a cover for something.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bizarro and Titano meet in ADVENTURE COMICS #295.

AdventuresComics295.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Toyman had an Action Annual that I think was pretty good, but as a whole no, those guys have never gotten that one great story the way others have. PKJ has mentioned Metallo as a Rogue he’d like to write so fingers crossed.

That’s my guess. Hoping it’s a cover for something.
    That's what I mean. Like none of them have memorable stories. That needs to be changed. Any ideas?

Mighty Member

When it comes to Parasite, I'd say his looks vary wildly from something kind of human looking to straight up horror movie monster. What is your favorite look for the guy? I kind of like his original appearance where it looks like he has a shallow looking mouth (kind of like an asphyxiation victim)...though I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the green shorts from that look.

I prefer a look that leans into the horror. Not a fan of Frank’s fat Parasite design, makes him look pathetic rather than scary. Here’s my favorites:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When it comes to Parasite, I'd say his looks vary wildly from something kind of human looking to straight up horror movie monster. What is your favorite look for the guy? I kind of like his original appearance where it looks like he has a shallow looking mouth (kind of like an asphyxiation victim)...though I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the green shorts from that look.
    Sounds interesting. Heck, that's how I was first introduced to the guy

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Mike Perkins version in Swamp Thing, pretty solid.

Parasite.jpg

Parasite-Eats.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

How Parasite looked during his transformation in STAS is the best Parasite ever looked.

Livewire and Silver Banshee cameo in Williamson’s upcoming Rogues BL book

Livewire and Silver Banshee cameo in Williamson’s upcoming Rogues BL book

Kind of funny seeing the two most prominent female Rogues fighting each other.

Kind of funny seeing the two most prominent female Rogues fighting each other.
    One thing that I really want a writer to tackle is how do the members of Superman’s Rogues Gallery feel about each other? Only Batman and Flash have really established a “villains community” for their Rogues. Do they all respect Lex? Do they all fear Doomsday? Do they view each other as peers, rivals, do they hate each other as much as they hate Superman? Stuff like that.

One thing that I really want a writer to tackle is how do the members of Superman’s Rogues Gallery feel about each other? Only Batman and Flash have really established a “villains community” for their Rogues. Do they all respect Lex? Do they all fear Doomsday? Do they view each other as peers, rivals, do they hate each other as much as they hate Superman? Stuff like that.
    I very rarely see any characters "respect" Lex, let alone like them, but work for him because he either pays them, forces them to, or it gives them the chance to kill Superman (usually all three for Metallo).

Toyman's probably the creepy one nobody wants anything to do with.

Metallo and Parasite probably don't get along because their powers go against each other.

I very rarely see any characters "respect" Lex, let alone like them, but work for him because he either pays them, forces them to, or it gives them the chance to kill Superman (usually all three for Metallo).

Toyman's probably the creepy one nobody wants anything to do with.

Metallo and Parasite probably don't get along because their powers go against each other.
    All ideas I would love to see explored in the comics (that Metallo and Parasite one is particularly insightful by the way).

Has Live wire done anything memorable