Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Oh I would kill to watch this!

Well yeah your right of course,I just meant until now kon has alwsys been the only one with the power,and now a more powerful person has the same power.

And it seems DC has no intention of progressing kons TTK like they should(if they even let him use it),sad in both fronts.by this time in the comics he should have either sins of youth/Smallville season 11/titans of tomorrow/new 52 level of his power,but he keeps being held back,either in power,or in age.
    I understand how you feel. I wonder if PKJ is going to say that maybe Conner doesn't have the bioelectric field like other Kryptonians but has his Telekinetic field as a substitute since he was genetically engineered. That could have him stand out. If that's the case, I would include a few of the New 52 abilities. Just my guess. Could be wrong.

Astonishing Member

I can rationalize it because of Paul Westfield being erased in the hyperium during his original run(when he met black zero).

Notice geoff didnt retcon that kon was being made by Cadmus,and they he was gonna have mimicked powers and lokn like superman,he just added real kryptonian DNA to the mix,which would make him hella powerful imo.

Geoff should have treated Paul Westfield as someone who didn't exist at all during his explanation though,thst would have made more sense to me,but you can just say he was erased,but the MEMORY of him wasn't.rather he just was forgotten too,but it's geoffs world,we're just reading it
    In itself, Geoff Johns doesn't erase all the previous concept about Kon. That's why it's still mentioned the human DNA in Kon was modified to be similar to Kryptonian (only adding Kryptonian DNA). However, this seems mainly a compromise from Johns with his previous origin.

In the rest of Geoff Johns' story the focus was always on Conner's DNA being half Lex and half Clark. Also, it's pretty clear future writers only mantained Kon as a human/krytonian hybrid similar to Jon (the idea of his human DNA being modified has been forgotten and retconned).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-31-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Speaking of Johns again do you think in his TT runs he downplayed Kon and Bart's friendship from the old Peter David run?

What didn't Geoff downplay from kons past is the real question
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I absolutely loved the change. I remember reading the annual when he found out Westfield was the donor and feeling underwhelmed. I felt they may as well have left the donor a complete mystery or introduce a major twist like cloned from none other than Clark Kent when he pretty much became human during the Crimson Kryptonite arc. That or Jimmy Olsen, Dubbilex, Guardian, or the Kent's.

Yeah the donor Inn the annual didn't do anything for me at the time either,lex isnt my 1st Pic either ,just because he is bigger than life ,and would overshadow kon,which isn't very smart imo .
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

See this I never understood. They should have been the best of friends. His number one best friend. They are so similar. Both are descended from heroes and their archnemesis, had accelerated growth lacking in a normal childhood, ties to the Legion with both having problems with Brainiac 5 initially, both died and were brought back during the same event, and lived considerably close to each given their speeds. I can go on and on. They both understand each other on so many levels.

Yep,Thry bounced off each other (literally sometimes lol) very well,and could seamlessly live in each other's worlds and understand each other well.

Oh I would kill to watch this!
    Yeah it is awesome.notice kon is almost as tall as Clark (as he should be ),has lexs eyes (which would be cool),only thing I wpukd change is bringing the pre Flashpoint,young justice show,and Titans fans in with more of a mix look,not jsit one sided(no matter how popular it is )bring in the black,and they will come

I understand how you feel. I wonder if PKJ is going to say that maybe Conner doesn't have the bioelectric field like other Kryptonians but has his Telekinetic field as a substitute since he was genetically engineered. That could have him stand out. If that's the case, I would include a few of the New 52 abilities. Just my guess. Could be wrong.

We could all be wrong easy enough ,still fun to theorize lol.

Kon has a more controllable version of the field they all have.geoff kept the mimic powers/human clone idea in his explanation,but nowadays who knows ,probably just make him thst way because he is a hybrid and probably say all hybrids have unique powers.

New 52 tactile senses is my favorite power for Conner,I mean he used it back when Joe Kelly wrote him anyway so it was his 1st anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In itself, Geoff Johns doesn't erase all the previous concept about Kon. That's why it's still mentioned the human DNA in Kon was modified to be similar to Kryptonian (only adding Kryptonian DNA). However, this seems mainly a compromise from Johns with his previous origin.

In the rest of Geoff Johns' story the focus was always on Conner's DNA being half Lex and half Clark. Also, it's pretty clear future writers only mantained Kon as a human/krytonian hybrid similar to Jon (the idea of his human DNA being modified has been forgotten and retconned).

Yeah,they pretty much just want him to be known as a hybrid clone,nothing else,which is fine ,but he wasn't a natural creation,lex and Cadmus still could tweak him as he was being created

Are all the 2022 threads getting locked? Cause if not I'm gonna keep posting here too (probably not lol)