Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1660

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Definitely ,that is your right ,and I stand by that right ,but thst doesn't change that kon is straight ,and btw the only reason tim is bi now is because of one writer,and only one,one thst everyone is in agreement sucks ,so thst isn't helping legitimizing tin being bi
    Editorial had to have approved Tim coming out.
    Every character gets a bad story now and then.
    I look forward to seeing what other writers do with Tim now that he’s out. I’d love to see Steve Orlando and Gail Simone write for him down the line.
    Like it or not, I can’t see DC walking this back, it would be a PR disaster, and rightly so.

image uploader
    This showed up in the bottom left corner of Gotham Knights trailer.so Conner might show up in a game.
    Your pic wasn’t loading for whatever reason but now I see it. Interesting, looks like the GKverse isn’t as averse to showing the wider DCU as the Arkhamverse was. I doubt Conner will show up, in fact I guarantee he won’t outside of a cameo, but I remember a rumor that said GK was going to kick off a new DC Gaming Universe. Perhaps we might get a Superman or a Titans game that features Conner if true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Every character gets a bad story now and then.
    I look forward to seeing what other writers do with Tim now that he’s out. I’d love to see Steve Orlando and Gail Simone write for him down the line.
    Like it or not, I can’t see DC walking this back, it would be a PR disaster, and rightly so.

Oh me 2 ,Tim is bi 4 life now.

Trying to do thst with a ultra straight character like Conner,a character who has been in animated movies and TV shows live action shows ,and almost 30 years of comics as a ultra straight guy is another all together
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Your pic wasn’t loading for whatever reason but now I see it. Interesting, looks like the GKverse isn’t as averse to showing the wider DCU as the Arkhamverse was. I doubt Conner will show up, in fact I guarantee he won’t outside of a cameo, but I remember a rumor that said GK was going to kick off a new DC Gaming Universe. Perhaps we might get a Superman or a Titans game that features Conner if true.

That's the rumors I've heard also,pretty cool of them to use Conner as a bridge.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    the good ending

man the round-robin is the MVP that actually saved Conner. Imagine if it was the Justice League Dark (totally another Batman book btw) that won with the 200 bots lead

too bad couldn't save Arrowette
    That tournament and PKJ saved his bacon. I feel horrible for the rest. At least she didn't write for Anita and Greta.

13th your still one of my favorite posters here ,and I agree with completely again.2 things that are fact=1 kon is not gay,and 2 Meghan Fitzmartin is qurerbaiting ,she is roping you in so she can get a built in audience ,she is low of the low imo,that's her actions,intentions,and her writing ability .
    Thanks man! Really appreciate that!

I expect that you're right that Tim will confess to having feelings for Kon, and Kon won't reciprocate - probably in a really sweet way at least.
    With Tim out I do feel like his feelings for Kon will be the elephant in the room until it's addressed.
    I may be too optimistic but I don't completely give up hope for TimxKon. Kon could always come out down the road. DC reboots things so often Kon rebuffing Tim could be retconned out of existence anyways at some point.
    I don't know if it's fair to say Fitzmartin is queerbaiting when she is writing Tim and Bernard in a relationship. She's definitely teasing about Kon, and that might be offensive if she wasn't writing about a queer male character already.
    Or Conner rebuffing Tim becomes a permanent narrative mainstay that gets retold many times over in different media like the death of Superman. As for my accusing of her of queerbaiting, you'd be right if this version of Bernard was a fully realized character. As she's written him he's not a character, he's a cardboard cutout, a vehicle for Tim to explore this new side of himself. We don't even know why Tim likes him more than Steph. She's teasing TimKon when Tim is already with someone which can only mean she doesn't think much of him. His only purpose is to be a ramp towards whatever Fitzmartin's ultimate shipping goal is which isn't fair to him or Steph. Let's not also get into the bi = promiscuous stereotype she'd inadvertently be promoting.

You're free to be as optimistic as you want. They could reboot everything and he's queer. Then that'll be the case moving forward and we'd all be on the same page. Just imagine the editorial nightmares though. One of my ships is Conner and Cassandra Cain but even I realize how many issues you'd run in to with that which is probably why it ended quickly. The constant communication between the Bat and Super editorial groups would be daunting. Nice to toy around with but ultimately not worth the headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never saw this pic. Now what you said above would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Or Conner rebuffing Tim becomes a permanent narrative mainstay that gets retold many times over in different media like the death of Superman. As for my accusing of her of queerbaiting, you'd be right if this version of Bernard was a fully realized character. As she's written him he's not a character, he's a cardboard cutout, a vehicle for Tim to explore this new side of himself. We don't even know why Tim likes him more than Steph. She's teasing TimKon when Tim is already with someone which can only mean she doesn't think much of him. His only purpose is to be a ramp towards whatever Fitzmartin's ultimate shipping goal is which isn't fair to him or Steph. Let's not also get into the bi = promiscuous stereotype she'd inadvertently be promoting.

You're free to be as optimistic as you want. They could reboot everything and he's queer. Then that'll be the case moving forward and we'd all be on the same page. Just imagine the editorial nightmares though. One of my ships is Conner and Cassandra Cain but even I realize how many issues you'd run in to with that which is probably why it ended quickly. The constant communication between the Bat and Super editorial groups would be daunting. Nice to toy around with but ultimately not worth the headache.
    I do see that editorial cooperation would be difficult. They do manage it with the Batman/Superman World’s Finest title and team books.
    I expect Tim and Kon could work in a team book, but Kon wouldn’t fit in long term in a Bat book.
    I might move on a little better if/when Tim gets a better love interest because what I’ve seen of Bernard is as you say, a cardboard cut out.

That tournament and PKJ saved his bacon. I feel horrible for the rest. At least she didn't write for Anita and Greta.
    She did mess up Anita too, by mistaking her for a YJ rogue instead of a team member.

Greta though, seems to be safe in the hands of Geoff Johns. She's one of the lost children Stargirl will be looking for in her mini (an odd choice as she's from the 90s and isn't a golden age sidekick like most of the others, but time displacement is a good way to bring her back considering she ended up depowered originally).

And honestly? They shouldn't have. The timing was bad, for one thing, because Jon Kent came out at the same time and had much more publicity.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-30-2022 at 07:14 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She did mess up Anita too, by mistaking her for a YJ rogue instead of a team member.

Greta though, seems to be safe in the hands of Geoff Johns. She's one of the lost children Stargirl will be looking for in her mini (an odd choice as she's from the 90s and isn't a golden age sidekick like most of the others, but time displacement is a good way to bring her back considering she ended up depowered originally).

And honestly? They shouldn't have. The timing was bad, for one thing, because Jon Kent came out at the same time and had much more publicity.
    Went back to check and you're absolutely right. I thought it was a line up of people from their past but having Harm, Fi te and Mad, etc the antagonists, that is disturbing. Placing the one team member of color who hasn't shown up at all in this as part of the villains line up is atrocious. Seriously where are the editors. None of them read the books. All they did was look at fanart on twitter/tumblr which mostly show the core four and maybe Wikipedia.

I'm glad Greta is in a better place and in better hands. She was never connected to the JSA but at this point who cares. Maybe she'll have some sort of connection to Dr. Fate or the Spectre. This woman claims to love these characters but she is singlehandedly destroying them.

Extraordinary Member

Went back to check and you're absolutely right. I thought it was a line up of people from their past but having Harm, Fi te and Mad, etc the antagonists, that is disturbing. Placing the one team member of color who hasn't shown up at all in this as part of the villains line up is atrocious. Seriously where are the editors. None of them read the books. All they did was look at fanart on twitter/tumblr which mostly show the core four and maybe Wikipedia.

I'm glad Greta is in a better place and in better hands. She was never connected to the JSA but at this point who cares. Maybe she'll have some sort of connection to Dr. Fate or the Spectre. This woman claims to love these characters but she is singlehandedly destroying them.
    Actually PAD did in fact connect Greta’s powers to the Spectre in one of his Young Justice issues.
    Issue #42 I believe.

Mighty Member

I really HATE this art in Action Comics.
    Why is Conner so little, so small etc.?
    He looks more like the Conner of “Reign of Supermen” Anime..
    In the TT Comics he was almost as muscular as Superman and also in the Anime Series he was as muscular and tall as Superman…

I really hope that Conner gets back together with Cassie Sandsmark....
    Injustice Comics showed how good the couple is, if written properly...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Actually PAD did in fact connect Greta’s powers to the Spectre in one of his Young Justice issues.
    Issue #42 I believe.
    Yeah that was when Hal became the new host or the new Spectre. Something similar could happen here. I'm assuming this versionnofcthe Spectre is Jim Corrigan or is he without a host this time?. Either way I'm glad she'll be in good hands.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar