Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There you go .

Yeah there was a lot of potential with the new 52 kon, but 1st mistake was making him a totally different character, 2nd was having be a clone of Jon, not Kal and lex, then it just kept going downhill from there.

Loved his intelligence, confidence, power levels, TTK senses, big missed opportunity right there from DC
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Whoa. Too much black. Put some blue in the midsection like ROS version and you have a winner.

Yeah there was a lot of potential with the new 52 kon, but 1st mistake was making him a totally different character, 2nd was having be a clone of Jon, not Kal and lex, then it just kept going downhill from there.

Loved his intelligence, confidence, power levels, TTK senses, big missed opportunity right there from DC
    I was initially hostile to the new 52 version, but as time passed , I came to see he had a lot of potential. I came to appreciate his abilities. They were pretty cool and different and could mimic all of Clark's abilities. I love the barcode.Iconic design that immediately informs you of his nature. Absolutely loved the epigenetic memory. Again it was a nice touch to show he's a genetic experiment and not normal. It helps to differentiate him. Also enjoyed the fact he was cerebral. He should be insanely smart given his background.

His origin royally screwed him over. It needed to be simple and familiar. If you wanted to throw Lois in the DNA mix fine. Maybe female DNA was needed to stabilize him. She had psychic powers briefly. Maybe her genes were needed as a bridge to fuse human and kryptonian DNA. Clark and mutated Lois DNA or a triple cocktail of Clark, Lois, and Lex. Lex is the secret head of CADMUS and creates him as a weapon. No Jon Lane Kent. No NOWHERE. No alternate future timeline shenanigans. And NO Harvest!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I was initially hostile to the new 52 version, but as time passed , I came to see he had a lot of potential. I came to appreciate his abilities. They were pretty cool and different and could mimic all of Clark's abilities. I love the barcode.Iconic design that immediately informs you of his nature. Absolutely loved the epigenetic memory. Again it was a nice touch to show he's a genetic experiment and not normal. It helps to differentiate him. Also enjoyed the fact he was cerebral. He should be insanely smart given his background.

His origin royally screwed him over. It needed to be simple and familiar. If you wanted to throw Lois in the DNA mix fine. Maybe female DNA was needed to stabilize him. She had psychic powers briefly. Maybe her genes were needed as a bridge to fuse human and kryptonian DNA. Clark and mutated Lois DNA or a triple cocktail of Clark, Lois, and Lex. Lex is the secret head of CADMUS and creates him as a weapon. No Jon Lane Kent. No NOWHERE. No alternate future timeline shenanigans. And NO Harvest!
    By the end he was a hot mess of a character and they needed to reboot him. DC just got so convoluted and up their ass so quickly after the New 52. I get changing things but the changes should have some thought put into them and not feel like you’re throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    By the end he was a hot mess of a character and they needed to reboot him. DC just got so convoluted and up their ass so quickly after the New 52. I get changing things but the changes should have some thought put into them and not feel like you’re throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.
    That's exactly what happened. It was just so rushed and half assed that course correcting would require so much mental gymnastics. The only answer would be to just throw the whole thing out. I'd still use some parts that were decent moving forward. We see a bit of that in ROS and Titans in regards to Conner.

I love that the Titans show picked up the epigentic memory and the S barcode tattoo, and improved upon it in my opinion. I like that the RoS movie SB used the lines on his suit, even if they weren't red.

Having new 52 TK would have been cool, just say he controls how he can expand his bio field, and anytime he pushes out away from his body he is left in a weaker position. You could say without this controllable bio field his powers are closer to the YJ shows SBs.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I love that the Titans show picked up the epigentic memory and the S barcode tattoo, and improved upon it in my opinion. I like that the RoS movie SB used the lines on his suit, even if they weren't red.

Having new 52 TK would have been cool, just say he controls how he can expand his bio field, and anytime he pushes out away from his body he is left in a weaker position. You could say without this controllable bio field his powers are closer to the YJ shows SBs.
    What Titans took is what I liked from the character and I’m glad they incorporated those ideas into their take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What Titans took is what I liked from the character and I’m glad they incorporated those ideas into their take.

I like how they took ideas from the new 52, which is very different from the tshirt and jeans Conner and added them to the basic "Smallville" superboy, which was what Titans pretty much used for their "better" superboy. To me Titans SB is a continuation of Smallville SB, if they didn't have the season 11 comic.

I think it would perfect if the Titans and YJ shows SB both got TK, green eyes, and epigentic memory, just from different reasons.

Titans SB gets visited by lex, lex says "red sun" and takes Conner under is control. Lex unleashes his "hidden" extra ability (TK) that he programmed into him and when he takes control of him his eyes turn green. At the end of this Conner will be freed of him, but keep the TK, green eyes, and the new super hero name Red Sun.

On YJ Conner comes back from the phantom zone, being put there by phantom girl(who can access it),but being in the PZ with near death wounds and extreme kryptonite poisoning changes him, he comes back immune to kryptonite, and has the green eyes to show it, his metagene was awakend by finally being so close to death, and his power of TK surfaces.on the show I would have Conner stay physically exactly the same, but give him flight, shields, blasts, levitation of things, and touch senses. Also because he was so close to death both Clark and lex have to supply another does of there DNA to save him, which allows him to access all their memories and intelligence.

Bam, there you go TV writers I just did your job for ya.

You kon/Cass shippers are gonna love this. Jurgens variant cover for the death of the JL story. Looks like the old death of superman poster I had back then.

Look who is standing right beside each other lol.

Question for my Conner fans, do y'all care if he flies or y'all cool with him jumping really high and far?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

You kon/Cass shippers are gonna love this. Jurgens variant cover for the death of the JL story. Looks like the old death of superman poster I had back then.

Look who is standing right beside each other lol.

Agreed it's reminiscent of the Death of Superman Funeral for a Friend covers. On a happier note, seeing Kon and Cass next to each other does good things to my shipper heart.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Question for my Conner fans, do y'all care if he flies or y'all cool with him jumping really high and far?
    I prefer him flying. Conner needs to soar through the air. If he leaps it won't kill me since it is visually dynamic but eventually it needs to lead to flying.

I prefer him flying. I’d be cool with him not having the full Kryptonian power set if they gave him the Luthor brains and ruthlessness to offset that however.

YJ is very watered down, even superman is. If you used comic power levels for the show his power level would be like Smallville and Titans levels,full powerset, full powered (for a teen), just without the flying. The flight would be the thing that signifies thst he isn't full powered or a adult yet. Course Imo a Conner Kent without TTK will always be missing something to me.

4 signs of being a clone

1 TTK /TK
    2 epigenetic memory
    3 green eyes
    4 play with the kryptonian powerset power levels

Those would make him stand out or seperate him from just being another super character, add the short but messy hair, black leather jacket, black tshirt with red and black S, S barcode tattoo, fingerless gloves, and he looks visually different also.

He wants to follow in supermans footsteps, but like the 1st cover he was on says,he does "truth and justice my way", not exsclty like superman. Definitely comes off more human, more flawed, but also more able to empathize and adapt to things better than Clark.

Why have lex be a donor if your not gonna use him.

Kon should be able to do what Clark can't with lex, and that's be one step ahead of him all the time. Between having his more "human" traits and the epigentic memories from lex he should be the ultimate thorn in luthor ass
    Last edited by SuperX; 01-20-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Depends on the execution, but I expect him to more or less have the full powerset.